Should I continue selling forged gear?

“Complete the game” is relative Deen. Some have been done for a while and some still have months and years to go :slight_smile:

1 Like

But you don’t even know exactly what their plans were. How in the world can you make any argument on it without knowing what exactly they wanted to do on a specific level?

That’s the part I don’t understand from this whole conversation.Much ado about nothing concrete. If the intent was never to allow those sorts of things without some kind of defect/quirk, then clearly they need to address it. It’s not going to be some horrendous thing if the forge system had been altered as even remotely alluded to.

I started off mining with some quirky things. I was happy with those because my progress was better than 1 rock at a time. Now that we had these ‘perfect’ hammers, it completely gutted anything the system was based on. I never agreed with that personally. But what’s 1 opinion going to do, especially when I wasn’t a person who visited the forums at the time. I just used what was out there.

1 Like

I think the problem may be that you are using terms like endgame. That is apropriate for other games, but doesn’t apply here.

At this game you start out at the end game. You can literally land on the planet, decide you are done and logout and never come back. Or you can decide, hey I want to kill creatures, or hey I wanna start a shop, or build these things! That’s the beauty of a sandbox game.

Nothing in this game is “hard”. After the first 10-20 hours, there is no real risk of death. Everything else is a time sink. If you want to build, farm or sell, you need to go gather ingredients. This will be the same at every moment of the game from the moment you log in to the moment you decide not to play again, regardless of level or time played. So it doesn’t matter if ingredients are time consuming or not.

It depends on the creativity and drive of the user, vs their tolerance for grinding. If I build a structure in 2 hours vs 10 hours, guess what… I can make another one!

There is no final boss. If I build a tower out of gleam or upgrade it to machined titanium, I still haven’t made any more or less progress towards any specific goal. I am no closer to an END. If I sell 1 billion items… woopdiedoo.

2 Likes

Pretty much every game can be completed in 6 months, save a very select few. It literally entirely depends on how much time you can grind for.

This game can be “completed” - which is entirely subjective - so fast because there is barely anything to do past the basic expected things.

You can harvest, craft, hunt, and build. Thats not a lot to do. There is only 1 activity that promotes group play and that is meteor hunting. Building something is 100% expected and promotes nothing but to have a title. You can mine, dig, or chop, but really how much can you stand before you say screw this?

We lack content! This game was released as a finished game and it is barely passable as so. I feel like im playing a refined barebones game. There are very few items that are cool to collect, about 2 pieces of lore to the backstory of the universe, and nothing to find but what other people build and usually youll only be there to shop. Theres no reward for working together other than now one group has more raw materials than another group

2 Likes

End game exists in the form of market pvp, prestige pvp, resource plotting pvp, and more forms of pvp outside of the ‘standard’ pvp most people associate with. Whether people want to engage in those types of emergent gameplay or whether the devs want to encourage to happen are two different things. There are definitely some classic end game features common in other games, here though.

I’d argue those are you’re goals. Not mine. You can’t win the economy for example. You can’t even be better than someone else. There is no end to it.

There is also no way to tell if a shop owner is “better than another”. It’s your personal view. Maybe I think a shop that offers new players cheap items is better than one whos owner has a billion credits.

My point is there is no “reaching the endgame”. No point at which you are done. You will decide when you reached your own goals, and nothing else will matter. If I had to bet, I’d say you’ll stop playing and be “done” only when the amount of time your investing no longer results in your personal fulfillment.

1 Like

I don’t want to get into a philosophical debate about what is “endgame”. It just derails the conversation. Even if my use of “endgame” is incorrect, the point here is that we’ve min/maxed the hell out of the mechanics I’ve listed. As such, it has shortened the longevity of the game and future content that the devs are anticipating to introduce. And that’s why they’re to rebalance right now

1 Like

None of those are my goals. I just play to build :poop: with my kids. But I’m keen enough to know what this game has potential for in terms of long term game play. I’ll likely never ever be involved directly in any of those things I mentioned, they’re just things that that jumped out to me based on previous gaming experience over the course of 2 decades.

I’m not sure how long you’ve played the game. So let me tread a bit carefully here to try and give you a bit of background. Anytime something significant has been “rebalanced or redesigned” its been a total nerf or a complete disaster akin to a nerf. Bomb mining was supposed to be rebalanced to “bring it in line with other mining methods”. It ended up being a total annihilation of bomb mining. World regen was supposed to be rebelanced. What happened was a complete wreck that made mining hard and unprofitable. As a result mining was completely broken and most called it a nerf. Then atlas’ were supposed to redesigned in order to help alleviate the regeneration nerf that made finding ores difficult. What happened atlas’ were totally screwed up for 2 patches which almost renedered them usless. I could go on but the point is any “rebalance or redesign” is likely to result in a nerf by all intents and purposes. When the real thing we need is more content not more redesigning.

2 Likes

This is the core of everything wrong with the game right now.

1 Like

I see both your points. I’d argue there is no evidence that the amount of time you spend grinding extends the amount of time you will play any sandbox game. Ironically in games like minecraft, servers are far more popular when they have either creative mode, or easy access to resources. I know it’s not a direct comparison, but it’s at least a tick in the other column.

Conversely, I think the amount of time doing things you don’t like (even if you like them in smaller amounts) will increase the likely hood that you will leave the game. All I’m saying is that if I had the choice to spend 20 hours gathering for a build, or 30 hours gathering for a build, I’d choose 20. I know myself and I’m far more likely to play this game if I don’t have to waste time to get to the things I enjoy.

Perhaps this is why the economy has plummeted… The game is full of people that only want to grind resources and not enough builders to use them.

1 Like

I’ve played for a while. I just hadnt had any use for the forums until recently when a shop I used had closed up and I was trying to find them via the forums, then I got sucked in to some of the crazy convos that have been going on.

Your view of the ‘nerfs’ is just different than mine. They’ve obviously impacted you negatively, where as I’ve just run on with whatever. I’ve never really cared I guess. The game is what you make of it I guess. I don’t agree with some design decisions but it’s not my paycheck to try to make sure things are right. If theyre making the changes they are, then there’s a clear reason for it? We might not be able to understand it. If it reaches a point where we can’t stomach it any longer, then we can quit playing.

I guess what I am saying is if they think these changes are critical for the success of their game, they’re going to know better than you or I.

2 Likes

Probably MMOs. But not sandbox MMOs. They are supposed to last you a few years. At least that’s been my gaming experience. But yeah, I do agree that we are lacking in content.

It may not be the sole cause but I’d say it’s a huge proponent. I even went so far as to offer an individual on the forums close to a mil in coin/gems to design a build for me and they passed because they wanted to do some things for their own selves which is perfectly understandable.

I also made a few posts here on the forums trying to find a builder. I have had plenty of coin and mats but never a builder.

You may have hit on a smaller problem in the whole scheme itself.

Halfway back to topic, i do not think that the aim of the proposed forge changes was to remove AoE tools from circulation. From what i have read and discussed, the issue is that there are significant imbalances with some forging methods, rendering all other methods and their ingredients obsolete.

While this point was being approached, i think the devs decided to try and open up the lower end forging by things like >100% efficiency and cheapening basic ingredient recipes.

I totally agree that afterwards perfect tools would be much rarer, but the aim was to give you 4 or 5 plausible ways to get to roughly the same result (which should possibly be a perfect tool). Currently people are using animal organs for vital essence as there is no use for them in forging if they dont go into this OP chain.

2 Likes

That’s part of what hurt me to see the update completely canceled. I do want to see the floor lowered for forging tools of lesser quality.

3 Likes

Stop with the private servers… djesus splitting an allready rather small community will destroy this game…

Iv stopper my forging sales. Stockpiling like a mad man. Its all my focus right now.

Ill sell stuff bext year.
Planning a super cheap-semi giveaway prices like a calander present stuff in desember. :stuck_out_tongue:

Tbh I think that’s exactly what endgame forgers were upset over. People wouldn’t have to have those perfect gem hammers and that would have cut drastically in to their turnover. I can’t fathom why increasing the forging system to include the lower end tier would ever be seen as bad to anyone invested in the game itself.

If they never release them there’s more than a handful of us that will eventually quit regardless. Some of us bought the game expecting to be able to do that.

1 Like