Should I continue selling forged gear?

Well each to his own i guess, if the lirvate servers were coneccted to the rest of the universe then i guess thats cool. But yeah, each to his own.

I want this community to grow and thrive. If i sounded bombastic then its just out of fear.

The lower level forging changes made no sense. They wanted to buff wood and stone tools, which even maxed out couldn’t break the plants needed to forge… wood and stone tools!

I can’t speak for the rest of the forgers (the ones I know are nice and helpful towards newer players though.) but I have 0 cares in the world if high level forged items were more common. I’m all for that in fact.

I can say that what I saw was a very poorly thought out set of proposed changes. That’s why we suggested a full rework.

1 Like

I fully agree there needs to be a rework. That aside, the low tier fix would have been a decent bandaid solution for the immediate present. Now we’ll have to wait for the entire system to tooled over instead of getting a bandaid to help in the interim. It wouldn’t have been hard for them to change recipe or seed materials in to lower tier worlds, heck he even said as much. I guess that’s why I didn’t get the brouhaha. Was it perfect? Not even close. It was a simple solution for an immediate issue. We will just have to wait for however long now for the entire system to be potentially reworked because of how insane the hyperbole in that thread got. How much will the games growth be hurt because of that? Maybe not at all. Who really knows.

I just feel like things have been really getting blown out of proportion lately considering the things the game has already gone through since 1.0.

3 Likes

Omg! Thank you!

It could be the best thing ever! Why does any change automatically get a bad reaction?

Wouldn’t a cheaper way to Forge Iron 3x3 hammers be great?

What if 3x3 gem hammers aren’t a luxury @Fury? What if they aren’t a pain in the ass to make? What if they are just “different”?

These statements being made have never been said by the devs. Just other players.

Those changes were not for you.

The lower end Forging changes were not for us. They were for new players. They saw that nobody Forged until gem level… and wanted to change that so that everyone had a reason to forge all the way from stone/wood.

It wouldn’t have hurt anything. Hell, most of us wouldn’t even see it. The Low end forge changes were never an issue. But got shot down as an unintended casualty.

Let them give new players something new! What does it matter? Is it, “Well, this does nothing for me, so I’m against it!”

2 Likes

I think you are misunderstanding me. We (Including myself) want lower level players to be able to forge.

The problem was, the low level players couldn’t get the ingredients needed to enchant their tools. You physically can’t even break lamella with a stone or wood tool.

So when I’m saying I wanted a revamp, I’m saying I wanted changed that made it so lower players could enchant.

I’m sensing a theme in your replies to my thread. Please don’t assume I’m always thinking about only myself.

That was addressed though.

In that thread, he said it would be very east to plant Lamella on low tier planets. On those planets they are easily broken by wood tools.

1 Like

I think the issue we’re having here is he said he was going to look at reseeding those mats in to the lower tier worlds so those tools could be craftable. That seems to have gotten lost amongst everything

1 Like

I understand… there are so many other problems. Like if you want to enchant that tool then you need a full skill tree to make use of the new flexibility. That’s still unavailable to people using those tools.

Or you need power coils, which again requires higher level ingredients than they would have.

And the list continues. This is why instead of making ill informed one off changes to the forging system, they need to do a pass of it entirely.

The very reason they were having to remove spitter eyes (after adding them 4 weeks ago) was that they didn’t listen to community feedback about this very issue. So instead of throwing 1 change over the wall without fully considering the entire picture again, we said… “hey look if this is you’re idea, you need to consider all the dependencies before making a change.”

That’s the sad part to all of this. Veteran forgers think they scored a victory by stopping the devs from implementing the stop gap. But in two months, many of them may not be able to sell forging gear anyway because there are more forgers in the market. Everyone willl know how to min/max high end forging. With a small playerbase and oversupply, demand will shrink anyway. At least, that’s my theory.

That’s the irony to this entire thread. People think the devs are gonna be the end of high end forging but it’s the players themselves that caused this. You only delayed the inevitable.

1 Like

I can never tell which side you were on Deen. When we suggested adding the spitter eyes was a bad idea, You said “it should be hard to forge”. Then you said “spitter eyes are everywhere they aren’t hard”. Now you are coming in saying you want to help new players and make it easy.

So I don’t know how to respond. I will though leave this thread with a bit of my own personal life experience. I’ve worked for 2 types of companies in my life:

1. One that made whipsaw half thought out changes without taking the time to think.
  2. And successful companies that take a look at a bad situation, take the time to evaluate changes, and then implement them well.

I hope WS prefers to be 2.

1 Like

If it takes two months or four months do you not reach a point where you have a large player base with the skills to make the high tier products? I think that all some of these changes do is delay people reaching that level or they get bored because it takes too long for them as an individual and maybe move on to another game. I am not sure making it take longer than it does now to get to point where a player can make the high tier items really makes any sense. While it should not happen after 10 hours of play, it should not take 1000 hours either.

2 Likes

Neither side. Only what’s best for the game. Not for any single group of players.

PS- Spitter eyes still aren’t that hard :slight_smile:

And that’s totally fine. They don’t have to forge, they just wanted to give them the early level option. Some people would use it, others wouldn’t. Not everyone uses shop stands, or portals.

It was just a small step into overall making the game better as a whole.

It doesn’t mean it would attract players, but it certainly wouldn’t drive ANY players away, and might even retain a few.

Im soooo sick of you saying this seriously get over it.

It would be the same as me whining on the wow forums over wanting raid gear but i dont want to raid!!

«Let me craft the wow tier gear with a recipe! I dont want to raid»

Recipe forge gear will never happen!!
Maybe tool aguments.
But permanent boon «enchanting» or whatnot is just a lame habdout for lazy people and will never ever happen…

Its not recipe forge gear the way you are saying it… its recipe forge gear in that a forger would have to forge the mats together and then they could sale the forge recipe itself, and then the buyer could take the recipe and add it to whatever gear/weapon they wanted it applied to. I fail to see how this is bad. It’s another option. It doesn’t have to be the sole option. That is wildly different than the WoW raid/enchanting thing you are talking about.

Like selling enchantments in wow.
Hmm, i could see the purpose of this for people wanting to make their own tools but not forge their tools, and dont want to go through the hassle of getting someone to forge their tools for them.

I like this, maybe we could get tool aguments and a way to make a tool and tier specific permanent agument in the forge the excat same way as forging your tools.

I lile this idea.

But this is not what miner is talking about. He wants to be able to craft forged gear on his own, without rng and using the forge at all. He’s said this 1000s times allready. And im at the point that i want to scream at him to ********* and play another game.

But i want to cherish and support every member of our small community.

Ofc its exactly the same. You want that specific gear but you dont want to do the labour entold or work with someone who do. You are acting lazy and entitled and whats really pushing me over the edge is you pretending that your opinion is in the majority.

And asking the devs to scrap their unique feature for some boring outdone stuff is actually kinda rude!!

What your asking for is
«please water and dumb down the game, make it like other games, this is too hard for me!»

This line of thought and this type of entitled gamers are ruining the industry.

So please dont, im fighting namecalling and ageshaming urges here. So ill tip of the forums for some hours and play some spyro while my maxed out forge que is on the boil.

You sure like mentioning[quote=“MinerDiggerMan, post:86, topic:21845”]
I’ve never asked for that. You’re putting words in my mouth. And surely you can see with the plummeting playerbase that maybe some changes are needed.
[/quote]

The playerbase is not plumeting, it is as expected for a release. Its a small game, slowburner.

And what your asking for is in fact watering down the game (taking a uniqe feature and replacing it with an boring, outdated, done a milliln times over feature is the definition of watering down a game)

Your complainin the the forge is difficult, combersome and complex.

How is removing the feature then not dumbing down the game…?

And exit poll… are you serious? Asking quitters about an endgame feature… its like asking trial accounters on wow what they think of the raid content if its too hard or not…

And btw not every feature of a game is about pure ejoyment. Some stuff you do to enjoy the outcome. Like rep grinding and farming in wow.
I nevr enjoyed raiding in vanilla, never ever, hated it. But i loved to pvp and i had to get that gear!!!

What i didnt do was whine about it on the forums and asking for a way to get the same stuff with less effort…