Should I continue selling forged gear?

Forum activity might boost the game.
I mean comon! Ask yourself this question!
«Would you join an online game with a dead forum»

No you would not.
Vivo la forge!

Burning scalding heat! Passion!
No smoldering embers here. :slight_smile:

The one difference I see is one Michael Jordon puts that team at an advantage over the rest, but if everyone can get a clone of Michael then do they not all win? I think the issue is, does the 3x3 create an imbalance and if so of what kind. The developers have a reason, it might help to lower the consternation for some players if they knew what that was. I think just saying it is OP is not enough. What do they see the effect of this OP tool being and why does it need to be changed? then at least people can discuss the rational for the change with some information.

Edit Corrected a typo

It will be okey… ehehe…
Probobly right?
Glad i got that dumb, dumber, dumbo insurance.

Tbh thats how the method i use feels. Im not gonna lie, i have no idea how anyone maxes their tool with draining compound and vigor catalyst and, takes 2 gums in with them, and ends with 4k vigor. I dont care enough for max forged tools anyways. its pointless to minmax these things to me as rank 300 is already very powerful.

Yes and no. This is the power creep argument. The issue there is everyone looks the same and behaves the same. To continue the metaphor, I think the best answer is to also add Lebron, Curry, Pippen, Wallace, etc to the league so there is variety in the top level. In game, I guess that would mean changing the forge so that there are several routes to top-tier tools and/or make it so each gem tool forges differently (not sure how to do this in a way that doesn’t feel like just taking options away).

In EA the gem tools all had different base powers. Maybe if they went back to a model like this and then allowed the forge to increase the base powers already there? But that is probably too major a change and might not really make sense.

I just wish they would point out where they see the risks to the game in letting the esisting forging of high level tools continue. If they said based on data, the tools are going to break regen and create a shortage of x resource. OK If they said the tools allow too much of x resource to be in the economy. OK We might not agree but at least we can discuss the affect they are concerned about instead of speculating.

4 Likes

Im a wildman yes.
But i honostly, and 100% respectivly (at least for now :wink:) disagree.

The developers should not listen to much to the players. Thats my WHOLE point. They should follow their vision its their game! They are the developers and we are the players.

Listening TOO MUCH to the players are a thing. You have to agree ln that atleast?
Many companies have done that and failed hard becouse of it.
Some have had eqonomical sucess, but created a game with no longevity and killed any hope for a succesor.
Some have just flopped entierly.

And this worry especially comes to life in me when we talk about making things easier and more standaraized.

We both care about the game.
In the end thats all that matters.
If you decide to come back, theres space in my settlement Antaria on Antar Vi, ill even give you some forged gear :wink:

This game needs everyone, overbearing people like you and hotheads like me.

1 Like

This is how you end up with “You think you really want that, but you don’t” style of community relations. The devs should have a vision, of course, and it’s pretty clear they do. However, just because someone has an idea doesn’t make that idea good. And with a smaller team, they need community feedback to drive more specific parts of the development. The forge is pretty darn specific.

Or the devs can not listen to anyone and make their “perfect game” that long ago left its players behind.

Yes, thats true. That os definetly one side of the scale.

The other side which i fear more is the side were an unique gourmet gets turned into frozen pizza to reach a «broader audience». But unlike some other games which have slipped that slope, boundless dont got the fanbase and reputation to make a successfull frozen pizza.
But as a niche, it will definetly thrive.
Thats why i say! slowburn that thang!!

But your concerns are completly justified. But as you said wonderstuck is a small team, and i belive smaller teams are less likely to develop the kind of attitude you mention due to a deeper emtional investment in the game then an employe of a big firm.

So i think they are also more likly to be overly swayed by their fanbase and thereby go down the same road as some other companies but for other reasons then greed for more money.

Anyone know how Wonderstruck is organized they have a publisher that can force them to make changes they dont actually want? shivers

See, my fear is on the other side. It seems like Boundless right now is trying to be an artisianal locally sourced free range small plate mouse veal restaurant. Maybe there is a market for that, and I’m not saying they just just chuck it all and serve Pizza, but maybe tack a bit towards the mainstream.

2 Likes

That’s not exactly a fair comparison, as one is a multinational brand and the other is a single location of a multinational brand. If you were just to compare Digorno to Domino’s on a whole, I’d guess the former because it has less overhead costs, but I don’t actually know.

I’m really curious as to the point you intend to make here, though.

It’s a sliding scale. I don’t want Boundless to be Wallmart and have like 150 million customers.

Then you lose identity. I want it to be more like my neighborhood Grocery chain.

Maybe 200k customers, still has a bit of personality. You can meet people you know there.

Right now I feel like its my neighborhood Crossfit group. 200 members, and a guy yelling at you “you must spend 80 hours a week or it’s a waste!”, not much mass appeal. But it makes the community tight cause we are all in it together for our own reasons. Hah.

1 Like

Oh, I see. I think that the 2 things you picked are just too similar to see any differentiation. Maybe Ruth’s Chris vs. Outback (or similar) might be a better way to look at it. High cost, few patrons vs. Low cost, many patrons, and both have service levels that reflect the cost/customer bases.

In that comparison, I have to imagine that Outback makes more profit than Ruth’s Chris (again, I don’t know for sure). For boundless, take from that what you will.

I have no horse in the race.

For me personally:

The only thing I care about is that it doesn’t take even longer to collect materials.

For new players:

I’d like for them to be able to progress in a normal fashion, in forging and anything else. I’d also like them to not have to invest 40 hours before the can begin to enjoy the game. I know many people who would love to play this game if the time required was much less than it is right now.

2 Likes

I guess it all comes down to what boundless targeted audience is.

If its trying to offer an unoffered flavour. Satisfy an exsisting demand. Or try to take a share and compete in an allready saturated market.

New players, or hook em from other games.

if u didnt enjoy the game in the first 40 hours thats on u lol. i had much fun

Who’d have thought such a controversial thread would turn into an open and shut case :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

…resisting …urge to flag your post for awful punnage

4 Likes

I think you should I mean some forged gear might become rare / not obtainable in future if there comes new boons :smiley: or rework :smiley: