Should I continue selling forged gear?

I do not remember I know some gems were fast and maybe the diamond was 3x1. I do agree with your point that now we can put them on any tool and that does make a difference.

I think they got a certain section of the player base used to tools that had certain affects and now we expect them and maybe some do not want to have to work any harder to get them. It is one thing for the developers to say they feel they are over powered. Maybe if they said we believe the result of the over powered tools will be hollowed out planets or a destroyed economy or something, players might be more understanding.

How about answering the question instead of some vague chickenresponse.

If i misunderstood all your bucketloads of posts regarding this and if your trump’alot strawman shieldarguments have any merit.

Then please answer.
What do you prefer?
Mmo style crafting or forge?

I’ve had quite a few PM convos with others so I’m not sure why you can’t message me. I’m looking through the account features and don’t see anything allowing a fix there.

Any idea how to fix that?

off topic, I do not have an option to PM you either Vetteq

1 Like

No ive not a clue on a fix im sorry

I think if those were the only 2 options (I know they’re not), it would probably be better if the ability to get so many of the high powered tools, consistently, were nerfed as opposed to creating yet another game mechanic that players need to understand on the planetary resistance side of things… just for continuities sake.

As @Kal-El mentions - it may just be a matter of reasoning it out with the playerbase, as to the difficulties in further balancing, progression-wise, what we have currently.

The game needs to be able to grow beyond T7 & T8 worlds, without additional arbitrary systems that dull down the previous tier of progression, otherwise they would potentially be just spending time on those additional arbitrary systems instead of more meaningful content.

I don’t think that’s fair - they’re a small team and time constraints and other areas of the game that require attention are always going to play a part in these cases.

I enjoy the fact so much that you will have to wait for looong time.

You go around saying people misnterpet you and take stuff out of context, you insult our language barriers.

But when confronted you avoid answering the question.

Not cool…

[removed as there is no place for that here ~ Stretchious]
(Thx stretch, i was lame)

Man… I don’t even understand the problem. I’m top 5 on trior, I’ve never had a forged tool. I use silver, gold, and titanium tools with speed brews one block at a time. I have a massive stock of ores and gems, I’ve built a giant brick only building that’s well over 10000 bricks… I’m building a fallout inspired vault out of machined metal. I’m not crazy about grinding but, is it really that bad? I have a lot of stuff built and going in my town and it’s just me and my GF and regular tools.

1 Like

Its so funny how you still avoid answering the questions though.

And yeah, its really important to question rival debaters language skills.

Also first you insult our abilty tu understand you.
Then you imply we dont have the language skills to make ourselves understood.

Your prolly right, we all have so bad english, we all actually agree with you! Your right your so right!

Its the boundlespiracy!
(For those uneducated non english-natives out there this was a pun on boundless and conspiracy.

But your right questioning this. It.is.so.important.
Its important!
For development!

Scrap the forge!! game needs to make money!
Awhrmagawd, i have seen the light!
I will destroy my forge! talk about it on the forums all the time! and quit the game! Just like you!!
A real «supporter» if i ever saw one :heart:

That will save wonderstrucks eqonomy im sure of it!

It feels so good to contribute!
Thank you for enlightning me!

Now im gonna take a shower.
But since im not a native english speaker and i dont understand so well. So me taking a shower could mean anything!!
Let your imaginations run wild!

Rise of the strawmen!

Salute!
Cya’ll tomorrow!

There was likely something here that needed fixing on a basic level if it could allow a world to be as many blocks behind regeneration as there was, but also I doubt any world would be that far behind without the 3x3 fast AOE stuff. Chicken and Egg, maybe, but one certainly exacerbated the other.

@Tomir
He isn’t the only person on these forums to point out that maybe the forge isn’t the best of ideas as it currently stands. Early game forging has no purpose, a few of the recipes don’t make sense for where in progression they are, power costs are all over the place, and at least some part of the current top forging meta is off balance with the rest of the forge (debate can be had over weather Draining Compound 2 or Vigour Catalyst 2 is the real problem there) and possibly off balance with the game in general.

2 Likes

The only thing i care about is having to go back to slow gathering.

I dont even use durability on my tools because action speed makes my time much more worth it

2 Likes

This isn’t meant to be an attack at you Pofs, just a philosophical question. Is it really slow gathering if it’s the intended rate? Like, if perfect 3x3 T6 AOE isn’t supposed to exist, or be a moonshot of a forge, what you are doing now could be constructed as “fast gathering.”

More generally, how much control should devs try have over their own Sandbox? And if they left this, where do they go from here for new content/game balance?

1 Like

I never asked you about private servers?
What question didnt you avoid?
Im not sure i follow.
You loved the forge right?
Classical mmo crafting definitly is to wimpy and unstuitable for this games endgame gear.
We totally agree.

I dont feel attacked tbh, i only ever wanted to take custom requests anyways opposed to just filling a shop with random things. I get a lot of different forging requests for different tools and i request payment for what i feel is worth my time and the materials. If a customer finds the price too much i offer alternatives and employ different, cheaper, non-meta forging methods

I also wouldnt really care if these high end tools were quirky, if quirks werent 90% punishments. Id rather a defective tool over a quirky tool any day. But also i dont understand why the best in a game like this would have any kind of a negative downfall to it, opposed to just being far more expensive to make.

1 Like

I never said he was the only one, or implied or suggested that he was.

The only thing i said that started this charade was that he in countless post in OTHER threads have expressed that the forge should just be scrapped all together.

But it seems like he’s changed his mind now. He loves it, it just needs more time to be balanced. And he lives on a private server or something i dont know.

As a reader, it comes across as if you’re hounding him. You two simply don’t agree on things. It could just be left at that. Sometimes agreeing to disagree is the best route to take.

2 Likes

Yeh, i get that, it just REALLY got to me that he 100% refused the fact that he in other threads have voiced his wish to toally scrap the forge and blamed people leaving becouse of how rng the forge is.
I admit that.
But im fine now. Really​:+1::v:t2:

Miner owns me a new iphone 8.
It didnt 100% appreciate being used in the shower😫
I guess the joke is on me :joy:

I also find that choice of direction from the devs a little upside down on that. But even still, it seems like the devs never intended 3x3 T6 1 shotters at all. It’d be like having Michael Jordan in your rec-league basket-ball games. Sure, the team that picks him loves it, but, but it kind of makes you wonder why this league exists at all.

Would you accept if they said “Guys, we only ever intended the “best” perfect tools to have 1 maxed boon on them, maybe a bit more. To have 3 close to maxed boons you need to use these riskier mats.”

And that is a possible course of action! If a system has as many problems as the current forge does, it is worth asking “Wait, was this a bad idea?” I know you hate him bringing up the 40% poll, and I agree with you that you can’t derive anything scientific from it, but if 40% of your forum users (generally more active users) don’t like a system (and we don’t know why that is, obviously), it is worth looking at what can be done with it.

1 Like

Jeez man. I dont care if an electronnic is designed to be waterproof, electronics are too expensive to be near water