Show your support for an Xbox version of boundless

This thread is not intended to be a discussion, I’d just like to rally up any supporters and show Turbulenz there are (hopefully!!) people out there who would like to see an Xbox version.

We all know there are no plans and that it is only planned for PS4/PC/Mac at the moment, as well as contractual exclusivity with Sony (for an unknown period of time).
So please just post to show your support for an Xbox version.

Come on people this is not opening it up for a debate, the topic is closed for discussion as we all know. I am simply trying to gather a list of supporters.

If it’s not already obvious, i would buy a copy on Xbox and play on both Xbox and PC, if i could :grin:
Come on @Bonez307 @Kerpie i know you’re onboard!

• I want boundless on Xbox!
  • I want boundless on Nintendo! (Switch/Wii)

0 voters

1 Like

I don’t have an xbox, but don’t see why not.

Hopefully there’s no deals with Sony impeding that.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s a matter of there not being support for an Xbox version, but rather contractual “console exclusivity” with Sony. I don’t know if this lasts for a period of time or not, but my understanding is that since Sony is financially supporting boundless, the devs aren’t allowed to make contracts with other consoles.

11 Likes

This. Thread can be closed now.

@Edit
XBOB/switch version? yes.
Do i think it’s possible. No.

5 Likes

I understand that, I’ve also mentioned that before. But we don’t know when or if the exclusivity runs out and I’d like the Devs to be aware of the market and consider it when they are able to do so.

I figured you probably realized that, I decided to go ahead and post it anyway for anybody else reading this thread. You can never be too informed :wink:

2 Likes

The original news I saw about this game said it would be on XBOX also but the greed of the company and Sony decided to punish XBOX users. Because of this I will never buy another Sony product nor a game from this developer until this changes. When companies put money before the people who support them than they aren’t worth buying from any more.

I’ve been here for years- backing this game when there were fewer than 20 other backers- I have never seen nor heard of any such article making this claim. Can you provide a source? Clipping? Anything beyond hearsay of this claim? Because it not only sounds like nonsense to me, it is also completely contrary to my own experiences interacting with the developers. Is this a joke?

There has never been a claim that it would be available on xbox, and never has there been any discussion of punishing xbox players. And why would Microsoft have any interest in making competition for their own massively lucrative Minecraft?

8 Likes

xbox have their games, sony have theirs for PS
always been like that - they are competitors

2 Likes

Huh? If one checks SteamDB and considers there are a little less than 20,000 owners at roughly $30 US per copy sold, that comes to $600,000 US. Take Valve’s cut off (10% if I’m not mistaken), that’s $540,000. Now divide that by what, 10 developers, that’s $54,000 annual salary each for one year. They’ve been working on this game, in it’s current iteration on Steam since 2014. I don’t see much possibility for greed. Granted I’m have no inside knowledge, and my figures are all very roughly acquired, but nevertheless, nobody has “struck it rich” from this game by any stretch.

I fully support this dev team in their approach and delivery of features and content thus far. Yes, always room for improvement, but I’ve no doubt the commitment is there to deliver and please. Games take time to develop, even for AAA studios with virtually limitless resources. IMHO, and respectfully, your statement KKsGrandma holds water about as well as a colander.

3 Likes

Microsoft is one of the greediest companies ever. Why the double standard?

5 Likes

I never said I have an XBOX or that Microsoft was good I just said that I thinks it is wrong to cut out one group of players they had already said would be included just because they are offered money. That’s like saying that group of people don’t matter even though they have been supporting them. Just because Microsoft is a greedy company doesn’t mean the rest have to follow.

I saw a trailer on youtube that showed available on all three at the end of it.

Can you provide a link to the YT video you’re referring to please?

None of the official Boundless videos have ever stated that it would be available for Xbox as far as I am aware.

2 Likes

It is hard to know whether to bump an old thread or start a new one sometimes, but I’ll bump this one since it is exactly what I want to do - so apologies for the necro, but I REALLY want to show some support for this. :slight_smile:

But not just specifically for an Xbox version - what I’m thinking is, Boundless would just be killer as one of their Play Anywhere games-

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

When I do play on the computer, I’m playing Xbox Windows 10 games. Minecraft particularly (not PA but there is an Xbox Windows 10 version), but a few other casual things. It is nice too that you can get Xbox achievements this way.

But in looking to help the player base increase with Boundless, it sticks out that Astroneer, which in my mind is a reasonably comparable game and is Play Anywhere, seems to be doing fairly well. Looked at TrueAchievements, and it has 5,651 tracked gamers, vs about a tenth of that between the two versions of Boundless on PSNProfiles (edit: real numbers are going to be higher of course, just a way to compare). I have to think visibility plays into that, being a PA Xbox game would put it into a lot more people’s view.

2 Likes

I play on PS4, and I would like to see Xbox and, if viable, Switch get versions. Anything that boosts the player count would be great, but I’m not sure if Sony have a console exclusive contract.

1 Like

It works very well on Nvidia’s Geforce Now tho so any device that can run that will let you play it…

There was/is also an Nvidia Shield with a display so you could even play it on the go.

I’m all for more players overall and thus more platforms, but only if it is not gonna take dev time away from new content and am kinda afraid that is exactly what it will be doing…

1 Like

I did hunting on trying to figure out how long the exclusivity is for. But couldn’t find any info. Which means there’s probably only a handful of people that actually know.

But if we go off of other games we can safely say it’s at least a year. More likely it’s a couple of years tho.

That’s how the publishers do these contract deals. Limited to x devices for y period of time. It’s nothing new, the industry has been like that for decades, only now some dev teams have started to openly talk about the practice so we have more understanding of the situations these studios get in to.

1 Like

Oh I know. I was just informing people that are still wanting it for the Xbox. When a game says exclusive and there is no info on a time line of how long. Itd be better not to hold your breath on getting it. Took years for dead rising to make its way from Xbox exclusive to PlayStation. And I believe the newest one is still exclusive.

1 Like