Shutdown while loading screen since todays patch

Hello everybody,

yesterday I started Boundless for the first time to check how my FPS are and I logged out at the guy where you can choose where you want to start.

Today (after the patch and when the server where online again) I started Boundless after it updated. Then I saw this early access/alpha screen with the grey background and then the loading icon in the bottom right corner (Connecting to discovery server).
Only after a few seconds in the loading screen Boundless shut down without an error message.

I re-installed it and the error still occurs. The same happens on another PC in another location :-/

I’ll update all drivers and edit my post with the result.

Can anybody help me ?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Driver updates and deactivating firewall / anti-virus doesnt help, too :frowning:

1 Like

Can you post a game log ?

1 Like

https://pastebin.com/Sy49cqXX

1 Like

It is crashing so in the same folder there should be a crash dump (*.mdmp) file. Can you send it in to boundless@turbulenz.com or upload the file somewhere.

thanks.

1 Like

Done :slight_smile: When will I know how I can fix this “bug” ?

The Devs are based in the UK, so I would imagine that they’ll be able to take a look at it at some point tomorrow (all being well). Don’t worry, they’re good at keeping on top of things like this :wink:

I am having the same crash actually. Just got the game last night 10 mins before a patched dropped got kicked out so i went to sleep. now today its not working.

It maybe a different crash so if you can also send in the crash dump that would be helpful.

Thanks.

1 Like

it has been sent

1 Like

Got it - thanks.

1 Like

if it helps it crashes right after it says connecting to discovery server.

Anything??

We are looking in to it. The crash appears to be because you have no characters in the database. I think you may have hit an edge case where you created your user but had not created an existing character.

Huh. Interesting… I had a character with the tutorial i had placed the block and then servers went down right as i did that.

@michaelb My girlfriend and me would allow you to delete our chars, if it could fix the problem

hmmm so if i make a new user it might work?

Anyway to make a new user I’ve tried deleting my user settings but it doesn’t do it.

We have a fix we are testing and should release a patch later today.

2 Likes

@michaelb is this a general fix that will solve it for all players or a localised fix for those particular characters?

The reason I ask is that I was contacted on Discord last night by a user with the name of “hahafunnyman” (dont know if they have the same game account name), and it sounded like he and his friend have the same or very similar problem.

It should fix it for any user who did not create a character.