Signs to inform ingame

Do you plan to expand that system to NxN?

Also I think we need to test out your concept of a sign ingame to be able to tell if we still need something additional to that.
Or if it needs changes like the beacon system. Which seemed alright on paper but wasn’t ingame.

could the signs act as trustee (maybe in combination with chests - e.g. the chest as the reward / pickup store) ? e.g. if you create a quest you store the “reward” and if somebody fulfills your quest he receives the stored reward and the quest item is places in the sign for the quest-giver (beacon owner) for pickup ?

Pretty clever addition to normal signs to allow the functionality that @Zouls suggested.

So a separate window will pop up in your HUD when you are reading a sign?

I really don’t like the idea of an game internal twitter, if this would be the only way (next to chat) to communicate ingame. Right now I more or less just saw support in combinable signs which probably have a limit of 140 characters per block.
Why decreasing possibilities of “offline” communication or ingame information transfer so much?

Or did I get it wrong by crossreading the posts? What exactly is the idea now?
Is the secondary window for messages still part of the plan? At least, when it is not a sign.

The plan is to have a sign which should be a combination of the kind of sign and messageboard we proposed.
But we have to see if it’s as useful as it seems^^

As first try, it does not mean too much to me how it will be realized.
Just would be sad, if “twitter-blocks” are the only communication option forever.

I would also like to have books :smile:
Then We could create small libraries. Limitations with 300 - 400 Words are okay, this would just increase number of books :smile: And every book would be unique. People could also sell information inside them.
But that’s out of topic here…

1 Like

We’ve got plans for chat and messaging, this is not being proposed as the only communication method. Although we’ve been discussing Bulletin Signs in this thread and I hope we can incorporate them at some point, they’re not in the current plan for 1.0.

1 Like

Is the next update already aiming for 1.0? o.o leak? :stuck_out_tongue:

You can have plans for updates that aren’t the next update…

I know i know :smiley: but since i started this topic with “what i like to have as soon as possible”… so best with the next patch i kinda tried this assumption :wink: I can imagine that we are still some weeks / months away from 1.0