Silly noob qestions

First off, I’m on the PS4. That may affect some of the answers.

1. How are you guys taking pics? I’m not seeing a camera mode.

2. Is there a way to log out? I’ve been forced to just put my PS4 in rest mode.

3. I noticed that when you use a chisel on blocks, they become “square”. Is there a way to do that to solid blocks?

4. Are there ladders? Trap doors?

5. How do I unlock new recipes? It’s it just a matter of building the workbench?

6. Is there an easy way to get back to your beacon if you get lost? I warped to another world through someone else’s store and almost couldn’t find my way back.

And one convoluted question that may just be a matter of opinion.

I didn’t know what in the gingersnap I was doing when I first started the game. My thought, not knowing about the benefits of community, was to get as far away from others as possible so I had room to grow. So I found a hilltop to build on and started constructing my castle.

I have a couple kinda close neighbors, but I am very far from any kind of community. Of course I can’t remember any names. I’m on a starter world that begins with S, something like Solus II. The world i warped to started with a “G” and the community had “shop” in the title. (Is there a list of all the worlds somewhere?) Luckily dude had portals to all over and I was able to find my way back.

Back to my question:

A. Should I rip what I have down and re-build closer to the community?

B. Can you get your plots back after you have used them?

C. What does it take to be part of a community? Is it just proximity?

D. How far into the game should I be able to make portals and what do I need for it?

Thanks in advance for any help you give. This community is pretty great.

3 Likes

I can’t answer the PS4 questions but i can address the others.

Ladders: Not yet, but it’s on the devs’ to-do list
Trap doors: yes, they exist! I don’t remember the crafting requirements, though

Building machines does unlock some new recipes, but you also need to invest skill points in crafting skills to unlock the more advanced recipes.

You can use “return to Sanctum” from the main menu, in the Sanctum the warp conduit tower on the right can be used to warp to a saved location. Your home beacon should always be available, no matter where you are in the universe. However, it can cost quite a bit of coin if you are far away, so it’s worth it to try and at least get a bit closer via the portal network first.

It’s a matter of preference. Communities can be convenient but it also doesn’t take too much effort to maintain a portal to the portal network, if you’d rather live alone but still be connected.

Yes, you can craft a beacon plot remover which can recover your placed plots.

On a certain level, yes - joining a settlement is as easy as reserving plots close enough to it. But, many communities prefer that you ask them before joining :slight_smile:

To do it all yourself takes a lot of progression. But you can get a portal going pretty early if you’re willing to use the shopping network and just buy the portal conduit and the Oort shards to fuel it.

1 Like

Thanks for the response.
The only ways to get coins other than levelling are selling things and walk ons, right?

It there a way to get cubits other than chests? (In the world )

Coins: Exaclty those ways but there is also the way to get footfall (if you don’t mean that with “walk ons” ^^): coins you get when people visit your beacon or if trading happens in your settlement (the more prestige the better the gain). If you live in a settlement it’s easier to get then out in the wildeness.

Cubits: Chests from leveling (even after lvl 50) and for real money

2 Likes

You also get coins for completing objectives and feats. And there are recurring daily and weekly activity bonus objectives that provide coins too. Also for warping to your home beacon, you’re allowed to go negative balance, so you never can be too poor to return home.

Cubits come from coffers whenever you level, including the ‘bonus’ levels past 50, and you can also purchase cubits with real money

2 Likes

Footfalls. :slight_smile:

That’s the term I was looking for.

1 Like

I’ve also seen buildings chiseled at angles…do I need a special chisel for that?

There are 3 different types of chisels that all make their own shapes. They all also have a precise version which can make even more shapes but to take advantage of the precise chisels you need a skill that I dont remember the name of

1 Like

Do you craft them specifically or are they a random result? I only see one chisel available to make (so far)

Apply point to tools to build more on a workbenches I think

1 Like

You craft them induvidually. You might need to level up tool crafting skill to craft the more advanced chisels.

2 Likes

Okay, kinda what I figured. Thanks.

Hopefully other noobs come by and also get help from this thread. I know I sought out threads like this. I always figure if other people are having issues with something then I may run into that issue, too.

PS4 answers

1. I can’t find a way to hide the UI. I’ve just used the Share button to grab UI-filled screenshots
  2. As far as I can tell there is no way to quit which gives me nightmares. Just for peace of mind I usually travel to the Sanctum before jumping back to the PS4 dashboard and force-quitting. I figure moving to Sanctum must force some kind of save.

Oh and you can have more than one base/beacon, so you could always start a second one and leave the first one were it is. You will earn a lot of ‘cubits’ leveling up and will be able to buy quite a few plots with them.

1 Like

Boundless itself has no pic mode. but steam does, f12, and if on a pc, well we have PrScrn and many programs to record with.

1 Like

Just as a thing for skills and what gives what

https://boundlessskill.com/crafting-levels

3 Likes

that page is also great for planing skill builts :wink:

2 Likes

And if you want to craft something and don’t know what mats you need or where to craft go to www.boundlesscrafting.com … there you can search for each recipy and see the skills, stuff and machines you need :wink:

2 Likes

These are great.

Is there a place where all the worlds are listed. I found one link, but it was hideously out of date.

Portal seekers keeps this thread up to date when they can. The second graphic is the easiest to read for just planets in the game, though it probably won’t include new planets that spawn today from new players yet.

2 Likes

Thank you. I now know I am on Storis II and why I almost died in the market on Grovidius Ten