Simple fix for planet regen

That’s true, but they would probably need to if this regen was happening, or just be incredibly laggy

During off-peak they could probably rapid regen a planet without taking it down.

I do not even understand what the problem with regen is in the first place. It works and it happens. If you want it to happen faster, then forge/buy some regen bombs?

1 Like

Better yet - why not make it so whenever a coveted resource such as a titanium or gem node is mined it IMMEDIATELY respawns somewhere else in the world at random?

That thread isn’t official information about Titans.

1 Like

thats why i said: might be coming

it’s too slow. some planets are million of blocks behind

It’s only a suggestion, not an actual “in the pipe-line” thing :wink:

1 Like

but its an awesome idea and when the devs can realize that… im all in titan hype :DD

By what standard is it too slow? Mines I dig through Alcyon literally respawn overnight. Trees I cut down are back within hours.

isnt surface regen different anyway? (i dont know if this counts for trees too)

True. Let’s focus on solutions to problems that don’t require large amounts of time to code into the game and take up developer time away from things like Titans, airships, fishing, new creatures, farming, etc.

So am I.

The solution to planet regeneration is having a much larger universe to play around on. It helps with player limits on worlds along with land issues, along with the scarcity of resources people want, and gives time for the developers to give us new content. I would love to see 50% more worlds and have them fill out the selection of Tier 3, 4, 5, and 6 worlds. But that’s all an opinion and numbers I’ve plucked out of thin air.

regen works only if nobody is in that area. areas with a high amount of traffic could not regen as well as your tree in the middle of nowhere. look at serpensarindi. it’s like a swiss cheese :smiley:

thats not accurate enough to be true… regen only delays when u change something inside the area.
thats why digging more inlet tunnels is efficient because it lets ur mined area rest for a while. and all those inlets are gone with reset

You are right, traffic does affect regen. And Serpensarindi is not that bad… I was just digging at alt 6 underneath Cpt-Squirrel’s floating castle thing looking for hard coal and I did not find one player tunnel.

Anyway, wouldn’t the solution be, then, to dig in areas with less traffic if you want faster respawns? I am also certain the mechanic is there to try and nudge players away from mega cities.

1 Like

maybe you’re right. i mined diamonds last week and saw a lot of tunnels. and i didn’t dig near the hub :smiley: but maybe i was unlucky. nvm it couldn’t be perfect when some worlds are million blocks behind.

I really hope that comes to pass - it’s such an awesome idea mechanically, and lore-wise

4 Likes

I keep seeing references to titans and regens. Where are you guys getting this info from?

@Zengrath: we were talking about the proposition made here: World / Resource Regeneration... forced regen... with potential lore