Single player / offline capabilities

I tried searching for any discussion related to topic but didn’t come up with much. Has this been

I did some more reading and found an answer - it is to be after the private world’s. Came back to delete my draft but fat fingered it and hit post. Can’t delete it so if anyone wants to discuss I guess it’s here? :man_shrugging:

I am not sure where the information came that it was after private worlds. I don’t think they have a set timeline of what is first and second really. I’ve known of many things that were supposed to be first but because the developer team felt something else was more important they changed plans.

I have had a few discussions directly about offline mode and creative mode and offline is not an easy solution. There is a lot of technical things that are set up in a multi server design. It would take coding work and possible adjustments of various areas to make things work correctly.

During my discussion James was open to the idea but everything boils down to the same questions usually - how will this help the game, will it drive adoption, is this more important than something else, etc.

It was a good discussion, though, because it showed it wasn’t an easy 1,2,3 you are done thing.

From here:

Self hosted = ran off of your own or a 3rd party server

Ahh thanks for clarifying… I was seeing that as “servers” with a full copy over everything over many servers. What I had talked about with them was more of a single user install type design on a single desktop… even if it was 1 planet.