Skill refund for the bomb nerf

Full resets are not standard practice. And besides, this wasn’t a full reset. Just a nerf to a mechanic

In the future, just use this tool; https://boundlessskill.com/index

What level is she?

If she wants to make a miner, a good setup is this:

8/8 power, 5/5 hammer, 1/1 hammer epic, 1/1 damage epic, 1/1 durability epic is optional, I also have 5/5 all attributes but that’s optional too.

Deenw anytime a mmo performs a wide scale nerf like this skill resets are usually given.

When a dev makes a change to your class thats outside of your control and completely breaks your way of playing, allowing you to change is usually offered.

Every game I’ve ever played since 1997 that did a sweeping change to a spec like this offered a respec.

Wow, Eve (skill points) guildwars, most korean mmos just to name a few

1 Like

Here’s a level 23 build.

https://boundlessskill.com/index?b=HPB7FTN2Y8TRV2KQPZUF

I’m really confused that you keep saying 15 cleanse points?

The only two skills a bomb miner would need that doesn’t overlap with a regular miner would be bomb mastery and bomb epic, that’s 6 cleanse points.

If you don’t want durability epic, that takes 7 cleanse points.

I think you should get your free cleanse points, but I think you have enough to reset right now instead of waiting if you want to make a miner.

We’ll agree to disagree. You’re just being overly dramatic about full resets here. It was a nerf to one form of gameplay. eg; bomb mining. If Wonderstruck nerfed, say gathering or centraforging, then they’d have to give more SPs to other players. It would never end…especially in a game that is young in its development.

Anyway, if you really want the SPs, just email support and they’ll look at it.

PS- I played Eve. They nerf mechanics all the time and they never give free SP.

That’s assuming you want to make a miner, I imagine some don’t find hammering nearly as fun as blowing stuff up. Also, as someone who used all their skill resets before level 20 I don’t find it unusual at all to be needing the reset at this stage. I wanted to experiment in order to find what specialization I wanted, realized I wanted them all, and then made the alts anyways.

1 Like

We can definitely agree to disagree on if they should.

Its not a disagreement that most other games that have skills and respecs give respecs when a massive change is done.

Either way I’ve said my piece. You guys are more than welcome to your opinions.

With the exception of traders and crafters, virtually every class is going to be able to use 8/8 power, and damage epic, and luck. It’s a pretty solid core attribute build for the first 20 levels.

But yes, if someone only wanted to bomb mine (which they technically still can it’s just less effective) but now wants to be a crafter or centraforger, then they’d need more.

Why won’t you help me understand how to improve the skill build…? I gave you a link to a level 23 one that works great and shares a ton with bomb mining builds…?

Like I keep saying, you deserve cleanse points, a reset, but 12 cleanse points should be enough to make the change right now instead of waiting.

Considering your avatar I would think you’d be very familiar with CCP refunding skill points whenever a major change is made. It makes sense to see how a skill reset would be appropriate here since it involves an entire style of playing, but I do agree that things might be getting overly heated about the last patch.

1 Like

Does that really matter? They are costing a need for skill reset with those kind of nerfs.

Creative the topic has NOTHING to do with builds. Im sure you’ve got a great build. The issue was the sweeping change to a form of gameplay that someone may have speced an alt into that now needs to refund those points and lose them for later use that is not their fault.

They are getting penalized and shouldnt. Thats my point.

I was unaware that removing epic points was 1 not 5 cleanse points. After speaking with the wife its about 7 points to fix her back to mining.

2 Likes

The argument about how you used your cleanse points and resets and why is pointless and should stop. Bottom line is it costs the developers nothing to give the skill reset and they did after all sneak the patch in which in a respect was a little misleading and sandbaggy. If they have an easier method just give em to people who have 0 now. Don’t question why a level 20 something doesn’t have any way to reset skills. I have gone through 300 cleanse points (over my account), no resets, have four alts. I experiment, try stuff out, restat for certain missions, my prerogative. Though I don’t feel the devs are responsible to do so its a nice gesture from a group of people who have already proven themselves to be very cooperative and friendly.

Edit: I did not mean that to reply to cjmarsh, just a general post. My bad.

Yup my point exactly. I also cracked up at the eve avatar.

I wasnt throwing a fit here just thought it was odd that they didnt follow industry standard practice.

Right, and I agreed with your post, and saw that you were confused about the cost of respecs, and I didn’t want you to think you needed to wait until free respecs were given until you could play again, so I tried to explain to you that you could still respec.

Anyway, glad to hear it got figured out. Let’s try to get devs to give you the free points back.

I think devil is in the details. He’s saying that EVE offers free SPs when they nerf something and I know for a fact that they do not. He’s basically trying to make an apples to apples comparison when none exists.

If I’m wrong, please state examples as I played it for years.

They nerf changes to capitals, subcaps, industry,etc… It’s very very rare they offer free SP. Though, they will give free SP due to major client issues,etc… But those aren’t nerfs to gameplay mechanics.

TLDR: Bomb miners are mad because they can’t play the game they want. And now want free SPs because they doubled down on a specific build. Sorry but true.

They deserve at least 6 free cleanse points to undo bomb skill choices considering the patch notes screw up and how long it took the devs to commit to whether or not bomb mining was allowed.

edit

That said, you are right, many games nerf or buff skills constantly and don’t offer skill refunds, but in this case, with the patch notes screw up and leading people on, I think it’s warranted.

The issue is that that the devs changes so much that stuff is no longer relevant and we shouldn’t have to spend one of our own precocious reset to fix something they messed up. Personally I think they need to undo what they did but if they don’t do that they need to at least give everyone a free reset to make up for what they did.

1 Like

What I meant was that Eve refunds skill points when they take out certain ship types or drastically change certain mechanics. I would argue that removing bomb mining is a drastic change to the mechanic since they didn’t just alter it but significantly changed its functionality to the point that it no longer resembles what it used to do. Although you could be right that it doesn’t warrant a skill reset but I would ask you what would warrant one in this game then?

You responded to a conversation I was having with someone else, and ignored that I’ve now stated over and over again you deserve free skill respecs, see?

Devs, pleeaaasseeee give us all cleanse points. Please!