Skill refund for the bomb nerf

I mean if they offer a free reset, I won’t complain :slight_smile: I was just objecting to his attempt to make an apples to apples comparison when none exist. re: nerf to gameplay.

When they removed learning skills on eve for instance they gave SP back.

I havent played steady in a while but I seem to recall something with carriers a while back as well but may be mistaken.

I know when they changed learning skills though they refunded sp for a fact.

CJ-

But that’s what I’m saying though. They (CCP) nerfed sooo many things in the past such as the things I stated. They never offered free SP. A whole lot of us whined though :slight_smile: I think it’s a nuanced conversation b/w what really is the difference b/w gameplay preferences vs core mechanic. Bomb mining isn’t a core mechanic. It’s a form of gameplay.

It’s really tough to say how or what people should be compensated for.

I just want to state at this point in the thread, we’re simply arguing gameplay policy. It’s not my decision to say whether he should get free SP. I just didn’t agree with his comparison about other gaming companies and this supposed historical policy of free SPs that everyone gives. It’s just categorically false. I could literally give you a list of gameplay forms CCP nerfed and they never offered free SP. A few below just to cement my POV :slight_smile:

• Nerfed hisec ganking
  • Nerfed hisec wardecs
  • Nerfed mining, then buffed, then nerfed and then buffed again :slight_smile:
  • Nerfed all sorts of pvp combat from capital warfare to subcaps

These are all gameplay preferences. Not core mechanic.

• Removal of learning skills was a core mechanic. And they offered free SP.
1 Like

Deenw theres a difference between nerfing and removing.

ATM bomb mining for all intents and purposes has been removed. Its a waste of time.

Hisec ganking and wardecs is a bit different as thats a wide skill set.

This is more the equivalent of removing a class of ships from eve than nerfing highsec ganking.

1 Like

Your OP said nerf. And now you want to call it “removing”. To be candid with you, you’re simply trying to finesse the semantics to help shape your argument as to why your wife should get points back.

There are still ways to bomb mine. I’d go into it here but I get the feeling you won’t agree so it’s pointless.

Bottom line: Bomb mining was too OP. I did a couple of runs with Titan bombs. On my worse run, I made 8-10K…and that’s only going for Gold/Silver with alot of Iron/Copper. And on my best run, I made over 20K in coins! And all I had to do was spend 2k in coins for a bag of Titan bombs. AND I was only looking for gold/silver. Not gems!

1 Like

@deenw So is that an EVE portrait?! <3

1 Like

I’d actually expect the opposite (unless players aren’t finding skill set resets): most players aren’t going to be active on the forum, or have deep knowledge of the skill system. Almost certainly won’t have planned out their build.

They’re going to be experimenting with different skills, making lots of mistakes and trying to correct them.

1 Like