So what happened on Eresho

Was everyone forced merged? Seems crazy that one settlement suddenly has 141mil prestige. If that’s the case think I might have to destroy everything I have on that planet. I want no part of that. Same thing happened to me when I started this game. Backed up and left the planet pretty much never to return to it(maryx)

2 Likes

Dunno rly whats this about but i assume this has something to do with that prestige war hash was refering in some post?

It might. But force merging people isn’t prestige war in my book. That’s just stealing everyone else prestige

4 Likes

I guess you can just pm the owner of “forcing” beacon?

Well the thought is that’s rental planets are just around the bend here so maybe it’s better just to ignore all the he-said-she-said stuff over there as I recall Ultima has always expressed a desire to move to a private world so this whole situation will probably be resolved that way. It is the Christmas season I really wish we could all just get along and who knows if we work at it it might become contagious after the first of the year too!

4 Likes

If they merged everybody, they must have simply have had the oldest beacon on the planet and therefore plot priority in the reserved areas. If this really did happen, sounds like a bit of DEVine intervention is needed? I would just give the player a week to fix it then delete his/her beacon if they do not comply. Force merging all my stuff into one city would tick me off for sure.

Any thoughts, @james ?

I don’t think we need a patch, just a chat with the meanies.

Or better yet, delete the tentacles then box the monster in with dev beaconed plots :joy:

For players on the planet, I wouldn’t worry too much about it. This is toxic behavior and not normal gameplay. Something will get sorted out. It could be a misunderstanding, just an elaborate prank that someone will delete when done.

1 Like

This made me spit out my coffee I laughed so hard what planet does not some form of this go on? I have been playing since prelaunch and its been the standard to PvP in 2 forms By Plot vs Plot or Prestige vs prestige. Its possible to play under the radar just dont expand dont build with high prestige or near anyone in a 1000 plot radius. So who wants to Play? lol

3 Likes

In current system there just needs to be one beacon owner to work as trojan horse on border to allow 3rd party plot that merge of settlements can happen.

1 Like

I have multiple bases so i can just regen bomb and move to next one…
Life of a true nomad :rofl:

9 Likes

Hey my brother! yes I never keep my eggs in one basket either so I hear you.

1 Like

Yea I have multiple places on multiple planets as well. It’s just sad to see.

Idk how it all ended up as one large settlement, but i can asure you that last i spoke to hash (which was last night) he was not aware of being in any prestige war with -LK- if he is in a prestige war with them, he is not aware of it, whoever started this rumour of a prestige war was just trying to cause trouble!

1 Like

And I don’t think this stops … Until the game is announced in a different way (and not with the “conquer your empire”) every new player who enters thinks he is part of the game and tries to get his empire, claiming half the planet to annex settlements and achieve that goal. The mechanics of the game allows it and it is announced that way. The question would be why you can’t do that, to the point that @James has to intervene and talk to the players when they do, if the game allows it and it is publicized like that.

I understand that the issue of changing mechanics can take time to develop. But what about the game’s website? You cannot expect all new players to enter the forum to see that doing that is a problem for the community or that even all players agree that this is a bad thing for the game, if there are some players who bought the game because this mechanic is attractive for them.

4 Likes

Might as well just accept it. Biitula is the same. If you want to be left alone get a rental planet when available.

5 Likes

It’s not my main place so it’s not a huge deal to tear down. It’s just sad. And I plan on having at least one rental planet. Depending on price point it’s likely I’ll have more than one. Also I’ve never built on biitula because of that. I also no longer go to biitula because of people doing that.

3 Likes

Love ya like a Brother…have to disagree… Wish you were right…

1 Like

Orrian is correct…and I imagine all planets either have, are, or will experience strife…

You see herein lies the problem new ppl come in ppl go out of their way to help and be nice then “BAM!” suddenly they realize someones dictating where they can build, how much, how close and ppl arent so nice anymore.

So lets stop pretending these are isolated incidents its Game of Thrones mentality here always has been either you accept it and sharpen your daggers, or grab a box a tissues and post.

2 Likes

Welcome to the resistance! Abolish forced merging, support opt-out!
Begging for rental planets is just treating the symptoms, we should instead cure the disease.

17 Likes

But im not a Doctor, Im just a clean up guy after the aftermath lol

1 Like