So what happened on Eresho

Just place a 1 line road within your settlement and you instantly get kicked from the whole planet. Lol

Tip of the day

2 Likes

…by calling Thanos? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

Thanos 4 prez

2 Likes

That is not the right approach. We need to put Settlement Opt-Out in or force a whole rework of the settlement design with “Settlement Books” so that no person gets their prestige stolen. It is beyond unacceptable that people are able to force this stuff.

It really is time for change on the PUBLIC worlds. No one gets to drive people off public worlds with their excessive settlement grabs and annexation techniques whether it is brand new or happened last year! This needs to be fixed.

1 Like

No this isn’t the mindset to adopt. People shouldn’t bow down to annexation thugs. It drives new and old players away and then hurts the game. In fact I would say those people that plot the whole planet or forced annexation in the past/present need to be forced off the planet and put on the private planet.

If people won’t work to create a non conflict game they should be separated from those that want it. The public worlds are for everyone and not someone who wants the world for themselves or steal prestige.

2 Likes

This is a game problem. We need settlement opt out.

It’s not even that the players tried to force merges. The game makes you do it.

12 Likes

Great tip but this cannot be done in areas where plots were already in place and tight by each other. A person has to “replot” to do that and if they don’t have authority on that plot they just gave the plot to the other person. Plus if you build is in that plot you cannot do it.

Hence why opt-out is the only option right now.

1 Like

If you want someone to be mad at set your sights on James @FireAngelDth haha

Moving to a new planet won’t fix the problem. Devs need to step up.

1 Like

Yes the Buffers Idea you pushed through caused way more issues on the established area and malls than it solved.

I have NO issue with your Optout… but you are setting up situations where people can be in your town and slowly carve you up like a Puzzle…dismantling the town… dont know how? Then do some more homework.

As for stealing prestige… I get it… but what about the people who decide to connect to you and then swiss cheese your town, or make your Main street THEIRS…and all the while Opting out? What an awesome opportunity for shenanigans and trolling this change will bring…JUST what we need. :frowning:

You are fixated on your prestige not being used by others…PULL back and use your buffers… NO one can connect to you if you setup the buffers properly without your permission. Ive seen your land, you have gazillions of empty plots along your border…if this is such a trauma why have you not already used the system in place to fix it rather than attempt to add YET ANOTHER LAYER of COMPLEXITY!!!

3 Likes

Doubt this, there is people who like this and there is people who don’t.

Not everyone will leave, just this who dont like it did you ever play something like Haven&heart? That was way more brutal than prestige wars and THERE WAS PEOPLE PLAYING IT.

Now don’t get me wrong I don’t like the forcing some one on yo a settlement. But the argument about players coming and leaving is not good enough unless you can provide real numbers.

1 Like

If people who is part of your settlement now do this is because they were not happy of being part of such settlement since the beginning.

2 Likes

For what it’s worth plot buffers was my idea originally, sorry everyone!

5 Likes

lol…I think most of us thought plot buffers were a good thing - even if we weren’t going to use them. The buffers are fine imo.

It’s the automatic reservation take-over system that was the unforeseen shocker. Giving people something that wasn’t theirs to begin with - maybe even something they don’t want in the first place. Not sure why we needed another hierarchy system added to the ones we already have. It harms the ability to freely trade plots & tells newer citizens they aren’t as valuable or worthy as people that were here before. I think players should build their own in-game reputations, not have the game do it for them. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Last time I was looking at prestige on eresho ULT and moogleland together were approaching 100m anyways.

It’s not like this happened over night. As my build there is near the center of one of the most built up areas in the entire universe I just don’t stress about it, i never expected to be independent.

People grow though, and things get merged here. It’s not a nasty game of thrones scenario for everyone. When cities get this large it’s quite possible that you were absorbed due to nothing but proximity to someone ambitious. I mean, ambitious for their own build, it could have very little to do with your prestige and if you got together with who connected you it’s quite possible they’d rather have you gone than “steal your prestige” in general terms.

With that said MOST of the really large scale builders I’ve spoken with are quite happy to have neighbors or whatever and wouldn’t really care if you opted in or out, were that to become an option.

Sadly, it only takes one party to make things nasty and it sucks when you’re trying to do your thing and someone else decides “it’s a war”. As collateral damage I’ve found that force connecting someone with big plans then crying when they out-build you is a source of great comedy.

3 Likes

Buffers were on the table long before we started supporting them. Our support for buffers came about when we learned of the proposal, not the other way around.

1 Like

Thanos and I agree on balance, but certainly not the methods to attain it. Ultimately, he’s dead, and I’m still here. I am… inevitable.

4 Likes

First, I want to say that I am not trying to be dirsespectful…and I know some of you dislike me…I get it…but this post here is directed at me…please do not try to say it wasnt…and I should have a right to reply…within reason…

Public planets are Public…all land is free to be plotted…when and where you wish… and it is no one else’s business to be honest. You should have plotted areas you wanted to reserve.Dont have the plots? Well that is entirely your problem and no one elses.

I will not apoligize for building roads on Biitula (in fact more are planned in the future)… and building in places I like…and saving some really nice builds others left behind when they moved to another game and their beacons expired (once again UNplotted so it is 100% fair game) …etc…

I am tired of being attacked because I had a larger vision than some others…and worked my BUTT off to make it reality. I should add MOSTLY as a solo player.

I have tried to be a good neighbor…and welcoming to all… but make no mistake…whether I am Viceroy or Not…I will STILL be building building building…and STILL be on Biitula in 2025…

3 Likes

Quite possible…did not intend to give credit incorrectly to Xalda…but he was a very large cheerleader for it and I am getting old lol…so apoligies on my error.

I believed this happened because James had to solve the root problem with the best answer he had at the time considering their work load and coding options. Not the perfect solution but all he had. I told him privately months before release it wasn’t a great idea or the solution we needed. I did a post on it. I will accept it was best for his team’s game and deal with that.

If this is really a big concern with people then I am fine starting to support “settlement books” which allows each person to create a settlement and doesn’t carve it up really like the opt-out might.

Buffers solve this issue I guess… Never let them touch.

In some areas I cannot… plus lots of people cannot. Enjoy cannot beside us because his build was put right beside my plots. Plus with no way to know “authority” you could lose plots.

This right here is a HUGE headache right now :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes