So what happened on Eresho

Dont take it personally, we have been consistent in our distaste for forced annexation since the Berlyn Wall conflict. I support independence for anybody who seeks it. Free Hong Kong, Free Illuminoorti, Free Biitula.

5 Likes

I’m not using it as the major reason to do this. I’m just using it as a supporting point. Some will go that want to stay just because of the system that is in place. Conflict is something most of the community does not want so we should support that over those that want it. Or move the conflict into the right area and not public worlds.

One possibility…but here is one of MANY others…a bunch of us in YOUR city and Guild (whatever it is) have a “misunderstanding” that turns into a very hostile situation… In fact there is drama on Eresho that would be WAY more of a thing if they could slice the city up into pieces with this optout thing…

So what. Everyone should have the choice to share, or keep their own work to themselves. Proximity is irrelevant, you should not lose ownership rights over touching plots.

I see no buildings along side of Divinity that they have in common with you…You could pull back, you just do not want to.

Litty is a Lady :wink:

Soooo now I am the Communist China suppressing the Poor Illuminoorti? lol Come on…you have no idea what suppression is… I have for the most part kept a very generous distance between us…

You and I are having a civil PM conversation on this topic for a few days now. That conversation influenced some of what I said here BUT categorically this post was not directed at you. This post was directed at a “behavior” that I am again. I personally do not care who does it. Whether it was @Havok40k or James or any person (including me) I would be against the behavior. I cannot help if a person feels targeted by this. They need to understand my context or find ways to show why I should adjust my view of that behavior.

Yes you are right 100% in this. But because it is a shared area then there need to be some base rules or things that are in place to allow everyone to succeed with their wishes on that planet. The issue here is we don’t have those things in place. That is why I am focused on being vocal about it.

Anyone on a public planet would have it in their interest to make it the best area possible for everyone. Reduce conflict game models.

There is…PLOT it…if you do you will succeed with your wishes on that planet. If you do not, then it is no one else’s fault but your own.

For those that don’t know this was in EA when a group starting taking over Berlyn and worked to force annex my town - Eden. Any person or group could be taken over with the current game model by a bigger group. We knew that then and pushed for changes.

That was my homeworld too…never had any issue like that…

That is an oversimplification of the problem at hand. There are many things feeding into this issue so we can’t keep it simple like that.

I mean you mentioned you don’t want footfall from any person that isn’t part of your city. Other people have their needs, etc. We need a full solution.

You arent losing ownership you still have all your work on your beacons and no one can take that. Do you care about the prestige or do you not? Do you want to rule or do you not care? Youre sending mixed signals here. Is the point you dont like that someone gets your prestige? If not the simple solution is build and build big then you get his. Groveling and blaming the system isnt building ANY prestige and this is whats at the heart of it is all about. Do you know who owns Viceroy to most these planets? BUILDERS because they build. The system is put in place because THEY (Boundless) wants you to build Period so if youre not whos to blame?

3 Likes

There as a ring around the planet of gleam or it was before your time. Either way it stopped because Havok, Kal-El, AmandaPan, myself, and a few others showed them that they should stop their efforts. They agreed. Unfortunately it was a sad day that experience didn’t solve the root problem. We need a solution now.

I said I dont want you connected to me if your opted out, and donty want your footfall as my reward for you being connected to me but opted out…I dont want you connected at all if you feel that way…simple as pie.

Oversimplification? NO WAY…it IS the bottom line… and it is THAT simple.

I don’t care about prestige but it is an inherent system that I am forced to have. If I had a “opt-out of prestige” check box I would be doing it. Maybe we need that. A simple system to make your prestige not be used by those annexing you…

3 Likes

Can we just have 1 topic where you 2 @krasniy and @Xaldafax wont start argueing who got bigger dongler.

16 Likes

Where should I park my tanks then?

6 Likes

Below my base. You are welcome.

2 Likes

Yes you do! if you do not care about prestige or being Viceroy, and your beacons are all Guilded so you retain your name then why the heck do you keep complaining?

1 Like