So what happened on Eresho

OMG you are so right!

:wink: we also have some drilling military machines preparing to launch too…we will own the skies and the very ground beneath their feet! lol

2 Likes

:joy: ah yes the nihilist. Reset! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

I feel like it’s more sour grapes.

Esp when someone posts that they would rather opt out of prestige system entirely or tear down their build than have someone else ‘benefit’ from their prestige.

If you’re not pressing for warden, and you’re not joining/aligning to their guild, then it seems pretty inconsequential to me. The only thing it helps is mutual footfall.

2 Likes

That the 900lb gorilla in the room isnt it? If you dont care why do they care? lmao

I proposed the current iteration back in 2017;

Though @Havok40k had similar ideas beforehand, and I’m sure the developers thought this up as they were creating plots to begin with.

3 Likes

It was strange day when my private settlement got merged with yours. I didn’t expect it to happen that fast but to me it is part of the game and I did anyway build towards Platinium in Alder :smiley:

3 Likes

So it all comes down to #blamejeff afterall? :rofl:

6 Likes

Nah. It is dislike for a system that allows people to create conflict among people. It is dislike for people that try to minimize the issues of others instead of support it. None of these solutions really “hurt” people except those that clearly like the conflict and using things.

Actually no because footfall is lessened for everyone in big merged cities. Additionally it isn’t inconsequential when it is a game mechanic you cannot stop. It is something people deal with and leave because of. So just either remove it or provide a solution for everyone to increase the player base.

That is the simple fundamentals of this.

1 Like

??? what??

1 Like

Awesome to bring this up. It is sad how obvious this situation was to many of us and how we wanted to change it because of the exact things we see now.

I think the biggest issue now is a system like this only works on new worlds and not existing. So either opt-out or some what to rebuild the settlement to take into consideration of plots that are touching is needed as well.

1 Like

We are tribalistic in nature. We are pattern seeking mammalian animals that learned to walk upright. (most likely because of energy conservation).
We are bias, accept familiar objects to be trustworthy over non familiar, we have traits like cognitive dissonance, dunning Kruger effect, and produce many fallacies a day. Even when aware of them. We are very complex AND very flawed. We have many poorly adapted and evolved features. To say those who do plot a lot and own a lot of the planet should be on private planets I think is completely backward. It can be crappy for sure if the intention is to force merge everyone . I think if taking someone prestige is intentional than I would consider my morals a notch higher. We shouldn’t stab each other in the back. Nor place barriers like you own a planet to keep someone from expanding. We should do our best to not assume and gossip about someone either. This is a game based on a SOCIETY. It’s not a creative mode private server. This entire game acts as one server. This is what you bought. I agree that some mechanics ought to be modified or changed. But to say that those who simply do what humans do should be kicked off a planet is just as bad as taking away someone rights. I’m my opinion it’s the ones who want to be left alone who would best fit on a private planet if they were to be added.

Welcome to BOUNDLESS. Where your dreams come true. :joy::heart::see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I don’t want to turn this into a footfall topic so I will keep it very short. From my recollection the last footfall change made people only get footfall 1 time per settlement. So while you get more coin for the bigger settlement you get likely less because it is a single city, not two. Now I’ve never tested it specifically to see the numbers in comparison between 2 cities and 1 so I could be off. I just remember the change to stop some things people were doing in settlements to game footfall. IF the setting is right still then everyone is hurt because you don’t have plots in 2 or more cities. Just one global one. I will have to try to find the terms again to see if I am still right on that.

1 Like

Oh wow back when it was platinum? Where were you? That is when some were playing with me plotting everything in the world. I got them to remove about 900 plots eventually.

Untrue… Great City footfall is far better than a 12 plot village… if you want people to visit YOUR plots, BUILD something people will want to visit. Create something… you have an awful lot of land over there…make ME want to visit you, and the footfall will follow if that is your wish… if you decide to remain on Biitula you have a lot of competition! Orrian’s Iconicsburg waterfront, New Blacklight, Linklight, Keystone, Erobian Empire, Ayrith, and so many other great places to visit… CREATE your own Niche Xaldafax… you all can be successful if you work at it… BUILD…

1 Like

Sorry guys… :kissing_cat:
Edit: … . And gals

2 Likes

The only scenario in which this lessens one individual’s footfall is if they were keeping separate parts of their own build from joining to game footfall.

This system isn’t complicated or a mystery. If you have a settlement and it merges with another to achieve a higher tier you get more footfall from those plots, period.

You’re essentially complaining because merging settlements decreases opportunities for gaming footfall?

2 Likes

I think your ff is lessened if you don’t visit your beacon(s) often enough or if you’re in the same guild (unless that has been changed)

1 Like

This is true but it’s not related to prestige or settlement status.

1 Like

Especially the jumping beacons thing! I mean it’s absurd that on my market which has one wide paths next to all the plots is not enough to make sure other market spots can’t reserve plots. I seen it happen recently that I removed a beacon to give to someone else and another market shop had accidentally turned plot protection on and I was rather surprised to see that they could reserve plots that aren’t even next to them since the market paths are in between!

This means in order to prevent that stuff I should need to make 2 pot wide paths around everything which is kinda crazy if you ask me…

4 Likes