So what happened on Eresho

I don’t want to turn this into a footfall topic so I will keep it very short. From my recollection the last footfall change made people only get footfall 1 time per settlement. So while you get more coin for the bigger settlement you get likely less because it is a single city, not two. Now I’ve never tested it specifically to see the numbers in comparison between 2 cities and 1 so I could be off. I just remember the change to stop some things people were doing in settlements to game footfall. IF the setting is right still then everyone is hurt because you don’t have plots in 2 or more cities. Just one global one. I will have to try to find the terms again to see if I am still right on that.

1 Like

Oh wow back when it was platinum? Where were you? That is when some were playing with me plotting everything in the world. I got them to remove about 900 plots eventually.

Untrue… Great City footfall is far better than a 12 plot village… if you want people to visit YOUR plots, BUILD something people will want to visit. Create something… you have an awful lot of land over there…make ME want to visit you, and the footfall will follow if that is your wish… if you decide to remain on Biitula you have a lot of competition! Orrian’s Iconicsburg waterfront, New Blacklight, Linklight, Keystone, Erobian Empire, Ayrith, and so many other great places to visit… CREATE your own Niche Xaldafax… you all can be successful if you work at it… BUILD…

1 Like

Sorry guys… :kissing_cat:
Edit: … . And gals

2 Likes

The only scenario in which this lessens one individual’s footfall is if they were keeping separate parts of their own build from joining to game footfall.

This system isn’t complicated or a mystery. If you have a settlement and it merges with another to achieve a higher tier you get more footfall from those plots, period.

You’re essentially complaining because merging settlements decreases opportunities for gaming footfall?

2 Likes

I think your ff is lessened if you don’t visit your beacon(s) often enough or if you’re in the same guild (unless that has been changed)

1 Like

This is true but it’s not related to prestige or settlement status.

1 Like

Especially the jumping beacons thing! I mean it’s absurd that on my market which has one wide paths next to all the plots is not enough to make sure other market spots can’t reserve plots. I seen it happen recently that I removed a beacon to give to someone else and another market shop had accidentally turned plot protection on and I was rather surprised to see that they could reserve plots that aren’t even next to them since the market paths are in between!

This means in order to prevent that stuff I should need to make 2 pot wide paths around everything which is kinda crazy if you ask me…

4 Likes

I want footfall to go away.

This is exactly why the system is broken. People touch other’s intentionally and try to force them off the planet or submit to their city names and use of your prestige. Then they base this all on “competition.” I want a Boundless game that doesn’t have “forced competition.” I want all people to have options as do many other people in this game. The behaviors that create mindsets of annexation, forced removal, and loss of identity are bad for Boundless in the long run for public worlds and not isolated “competition areas.”

Either way I hope this Eresho stuff fixes itself.

No you are misunderstanding the point if that is your view of my comments. It is off topic so I won’t continue.

I’m sorry i thought you felt it was on topic when you brought it up.

I’m trying to clarify because the statement you made appears to be patently false.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. Everything would have to be so spread out, you might as well not have a city or market center - it will take forever to run from place to place. Most people, friends, family, communities build near each other. Being forced by the system to build big, wide roads around everything wastes resources and time that could be used to build cool things that people enjoy.

3 Likes

Omg yes! That is so weird right? It’s happened to me about 6 times! I’m like why are you passing my road? So the reservation still honors the owner before you even if it crosses your one plot.

2 Likes

I am complaining that people have the right to take 2 or more cities and create a single city on the planet with people that don’t want to be 1 city. I am not complaining about the footfall change and was just using that as a side point in response to something about footfall.

Nightstar is on topic… the situation on Eresho contains all these elements and you were the one to introduce “fixes” to this and that…so you opened the door to this tangent. Please stop trying to shut down people and dismissing what you do not want to address… Please answer his question…I am curious to your position on that

2 Likes

Just my 2 cents but here it goes.

Its not players fault that you are able to do X.
If game allows it why not use it? (Some do… some dont) yes questionable things happen time to time… people get mad… people get butthurt.

I personally have come to a point where i can safely say to everyone
do what you wanna do… if it makes you feel good and you like to play the game certain way then why not? We all are afterall here to have fun.

People play the game differently… some like build towns. some like build empires… some like to have a hobo hut nearby the lake.

Merry Christmas to you all.

5 Likes

For the final time on my view - this issue is not about Biitula or Eresho or any planet or the individual people that are worried about being on the top or like to play with these things. The issue is about conflict based PVP settlement and plot weaponization.

There are people in this game that have for years said “no” to behaviors that create what you see on those planets and many others. It is about people wanting the public servers to be an environment that has the least amount of conflict possible. There are still systems in the game that “enable” conflict and those need to be removed because you can’t stop the “conflict between people” but you certainly can put guardrails to protect that. Had those things been in place we wouldn’t have the fights. So everyone should be on board to help make the game better.

1 Like

I’d say we all get along pretty well on Trior. :blush:

1 Like

Its always nice when your at the top. (not a dig) but sometimes harmony can be achieved and I applaud you all for that.

Hopefullly Kada I won’t experience this lol with all the holes covering the planet I doubt that’ll be the case

I am curious if something did indeed happen on Eresho, or if some builders were just very active with their time. I’ve not seen leaders of the groups on Eresho post here so I’m guessing they settled this or are working it out quietly away from the drama on the forums.

Yep, glad I’m not the only one who remembers this. It fragmented a few settlements I was a part of when it came out… not really an issue anymore though, the kinks were ironed out by us the players. The opt out system will be the same. You have to break a few eggs if you want to make an omelet after all.

Quick input, not meaning to devalue anything. From my testing it is weighted as one time per planet. I have done and followed other people’s testing done on this subject. If you connect to different worlds you gain much more Foot fall, which is the incentive for networks (not saying everyone having a mega network, but small ones that people might use). That being said I do still support Opt out, although I have no personal plans of ever using the feature.

It feels this way sometime… I fear it is because they are more alike than either of them wish to admit.

2 Likes