So what happened on Eresho

Plot buffers are fine and plot buffers fixed many issues pps is of by default and if u do not want people to connect to you then you enable the pps system! You cannot blame the system and the changes that are made we al asked for this change and if we somehow “forgot” to turn on the pps or u give certain people buffer access and it turns out to be hell… Dont blame the system dont blame the game but blame yourself :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

From what I know, @Hashmalash and some folks worked really hard to design/build it as the new Finata Ultima. I don’t know if beacons went out or if someone moved in and blocked an area, but it seems like a large portion has a new name “M…”. and nothing can be done about it. There are probably other things that happened, dunno.

I agree with this, if it were applied to new places only, but it was forced upon existing areas that were built to fit previous specs.

We have no control over the automatic hierarchy reservations - only the buffers.

If the gov suddenly demands that all cars run off of solar energy, that’s great in many ways, but everyone can’t immediately comply. There will be push-back because not all current cars can be retro-fitted to run off of a different fuel. It’s complicated, it’s time-consuming, it’s expensive, etc.

1 Like

:rofl:

IDK how many great cities you can put on the same planet before they inevitably merge anyways. Also there WERE people on Eresho before ultima gave up on finata.

Yeah that screenshot sums up a good bit of drama that only one party has ever dragged to the forums AFAIK.

But the plot protection system should not jump beacons!
xxxxxxx
xaaxbbx
xaaxbbx
xxxxxxx

part of my market, x are my paths, the oldest beacon of them all, a is a market spot of someone who accidentally turned on pps, I unplotted b for someone to take over, the left two b plots were reserved by a!!!

That makes ZERO sense to me, it’s not even connected. Since I do have the oldest beacon/plots next to it I could replot them but could not give them away. Thankfully the owner of the a plots was online so it was resolved quickly but this is a very annoying thing and should NOT happen!

1 Like

Xalda and I are kindred spirits in that when we believe something we are “All In” :wink: We are both getting better though…

1 Like

That’s because “aa” is 2 wide and your “x” is 1 wide which would mean you do not get any plot reserves aligned to it, only “b” could get 1 pps buffer of “a” or “a” from “b” sucking in your “x”

Yes, and that IS not ok with me! It would mean I have to make my market paths 2 wide AND add a protection layer of 2 wide around the complete market to prevent this from happening which wastes a lot of space.

Besides, since this is an expansion of the existing market I can not change the path width anymore, so I will have these issues if someone accidentally turns on pps…

Because let’s face it, why on earth would A want to reserve plots with a path in between? Makes absolutely no sense to me. The game should, in my opinion, just cut the 2 plots out protection zone off when there’s another beacon in between which is actually OLDER especially!

I disagree with you here , the whole system is a working system for everyone if used properly yes ok we have markets and we have the shops , and it sucks really sucks that ur stuck in this situation and some others but this system was not designed for shops nor markets in general it’s designed as a whole for the whole game as from that date I dont think anything should be done, the only thing YOU could do is come to an agreement with current shop owners on expanding your market paths. It is what it is now. just suck it up and continue :grin:

1 Like

That would be odd because the game does not differentiate plots and blocks as “home” or “market”. In this game, a block is a block. A plot is a plot. A beacon is a beacon. The game does not see a group of plots as a “shop” or a “home”. It simply sees blocks and owner IDs. If we are restricted to building in a certain way, we should know this beforehand so that we can plan and our time and $ aren’t wasted.

People are tolerating the current system because there’s nothing else that we can do - I would definitely not call it a system that works for everyone.

4 Likes

I disagree

Give me one solid reason why in my example beacon ‘a’ should be able to reserve plots that are NOT next to their own beacon?

Why does that make sense to you?

I will continue, and no, I can’t simply expand the paths and ask from the shop keepers to move since it means they need to rebuild their market stalls!

One of the rules of the market is that pps should always be off, if someone turns it on and I can’t get a hold of them then I need to bother James or another dev to come help which is a waste of their time…

No it does not work for everyone but when releasing nothing has being said this would work for the current shops or markets it was done because people complained about others building right next to you and sucking them up into their settlement now we have the buffer and everyone stil complaining when is it gonna stop people always have something to complain about what doesn’t work for you wil work for another and next time it will be the other way round ,its give and take u know not always “but I dont like this but I dont like that” STOP IT , the info was given beforehand about it and then we got the pps and the system messed that up due to the fact that the pps was on by default it got changed it does not work for all CORRECT but enough is enough :slight_smile:

If I were to wave a magic wand and remove all of the “shop stands”, the markets would be nothing more than a bunch of cool builds/homes that people spent a lot of supplies/time/money to build - just like everywhere else. The problem still exists.

1 Like

Ì thought the market would be ok, with the paths in place, blabla, I never once expected pps to JUMP OVER a 1 wide beacon to then reserve 1 plot on the other side. What is the point of it?

Forgot about markets, what if you have a 1 plot wide road thru your settlement with pps on, would you expect plots to be reserved by someone on the other side of the road?? I sure as heck don’t!

2 Likes

Hopefully something can be done for the current and trust me if the dev’s get annoyed because u have to contact them they will figure something out

2 Likes

Yes, the info was given beforehand as buffers. The stealing nearby plots thing was not known much beforehand…when some of us noticed it on the test server…we said WHOA! but it was still tossed in. Buffers are fine and not the issue - the auto plot vacuum thing that was tossed in, is the problem.

This issue doesn’t effect just a few players. Cities and markets aren’t just one person…it effects (or will effect) everyone connected to a road, in a city, in a market, etc.

The system hasn’t worked for years. Tweaks aren’t helping. Probably time to try something different.

1 Like

Wel if so then I think the dev’s should step in and create a thread and asking players about the current pps system I think it’s something we as community should solve

1 Like

I think it is just how the design ended up coming together with all the stuff it does and the logic. I just hope the "authority stuff was visible.

Easy fix, reserve 2 plots out BUT if the first plot can’t be reserved because it is already plotted by another beacon, do not reserve the 2nd plot out!
Especially not if the beacon on the first plot out also has buffer zone on and is older…

Edit: I said easy fix as in, it can be easily explained, I do not know the code and do not know if it is actually something that is easy to implement.

I just meant that this sounds easy as in we do not have to think long and hard about it, this should be the solution and is also what I think most people would expect to happen…

2 Likes

Yeah that’s a big problem where pps crosses paths

1 Like