So what happened on Eresho

Ever notice if you leave a plot or settlement unnamed it actually never pops up on the screen. Far from a perfect solution but I’m just saying it is possible

Actually the fleet we have in Axon/iconicsburg is a military force, defensive only of course

Why should I have to spam high prestige blocks in order to keep the name and character of my settlement? If I have a nature themed settlement, why do I suddenly have to create blocks and probably bury them in order to prevent someone from using my prestige to their advantage? If I am not close to their settlement, have no stores there or portal hubs then I really get nothing from being absorbed. I do not get much footfall anyway so an increase in prestige is meaningless for me. What I do value is the name of my settlement. If I put in days or weeks making the materials and constructing the build, why should I have to give that up?

The point is since EA this has been a problem and apparently from James’ comments a distraction for the developers in trying to mediate between players when this happens. This is one of the reasons given for the introduction of buffer zones. So even if it may have been part of the game for a long time, even the developers see the issue. So maybe asking players to deal with it is just not helpful at all.

8 Likes

I have said time and time again I wish there was a way that they would add something like districts or provinces so we could acknowledge the larger entity but at the same time acknowledge the unique smaller entity with the respect that it deserves. For example the Keystone District of Axon was once called Keystone but as the Keystone District of axon it still retains its name plus acknowledges that is part of a larger entity.

Now I am not a fan of forced connections. That being said there are times when it’s unavoidable but for the most part I avoid it whenever possible.

For example Iconicsberg and Axon voluntarily merged. This brought enjoy divinity end of the town because it’s connected to Iconisburg
A further example is Illuminoorti who is connected to Enjoy Divinity…so Illuminoorti is part of the Capital now too.

Neither of those two communities were force connections… they both were connected to Iconisburg voluntarily. If they want to we disconnected from the capital I don’t think anyone has a problem with that. That being said it’s their job to disconnect themselves from the capital and no one else’s. That might be An Inconvenient Truth but that is how it is since they voluntarily made their connections at one point or another before axon merged with Iconisburg.

I apologize for any misspellings if anybody’s names like I’m using the voice to text function on my phone and though I try to catch the mistakes and fix the mistakes what’s sometimes they get by me.

I understand totally, but if thats all like that, why do you even care about prestige? it doesnt do anything against you, and ye i saw your builds, they are amazing, and i respect those builds more than someones prestige number… idk why ppl give so much attention to prestige… thats why im saying all of this, there is no need to have a fuss about it when ppl know who you are and what Ultima is, no one will ever think bad of you or anything similar and you wont be losing ppl who use ur network… thats why i said all of that…

No offense taken, its an opinion and everybody has right on it, and i respect it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t give a toss about prestige, if it didn’t mean someone with a higher number, gets to name ‘my place’, and I’d have to see that every time I got to my settlement.

1 Like

If you have accumulated the prestige needed to become a settlement you should have the option of being your own settlement regardless of whether you are attached to a larger settlement or not. If that means that a small settlement exists within a larger settlement so be it. So in other words an option to opt in or out a larger settlement should be available. Besides having my own city on Raxxa I have a plot in another large settlement on Sorissi. I like being a part of this settlement and will continue to be a part of it. However I recognize that players may want to opt out in case they have a falling out with other players or the larger settlement changes management.

4 Likes

You are welcome to your opinion but please state facts and not incorrect things you make up for your agenda if you bring the guild I am in into the conversation. You are incorrect - It was forced annexation. Enjoy plotted right beside me touching plots back before icon and others were in that area and then filled in the space to connect with their friends Icon. Also you have your Alamo area where you filled in the buffers to ensure we stay connected. Hence why Havok pushed his Free illuminoorti feelings and will continue to believe it. Because force of plots and pushing on people’s borders shows another reason why the plot prestige/settlement system is bad for the game.

Great to see you support Opt-Out now. That is the only option we have now because when I did pull back from Icon at one point they filled in the space instead of leaving a good buffer between us. So please don’t try to change the history. Same thing that happened with Axon Christmas Village - an intentional connection was created instead of using buffers.

Either way we will continue to push our opt-out or settlement revamp because this issue goes beyond those in Biitula and is about ALL players in the game that deserve to now have to deal with forced annexation or be pushed on by people that build toward us versus away. There was a whole planet but people intentionally moved like to link settlements to take prestige and create conflict.

Because now everyone that goes into his area is part of the other town and not his. You only see ULT in aligned beacons and not everywhere that people wanted to be part of the settlement. This is why it is bad. It goes beyond prestige because they are linked systems.

2 Likes

After Iconicsburg and Axon merged there was no more reason to worry about it…Christmas Park connected to Prime Gold’s former land which had a road along the perimeter of where Chistmas Park land ends…it was a righteous acquisition since his beacon burned out…we had as much a right to it as anyone.
As for the Alamo how could I plot into you with YOUR buffers on and you had land there long before so your buffers were in charge…
I am not upset about it, but you were according to the previous owner of that land VERY aggressive toward her trying to force her out of Biitula. Seems like you feel like that land of hers now mine is yours…so please do not to put all this at my feet as that is unfair.

You Xalda have reserved some very large and beautiful areas, why don’t you build them? I know you like Parks so do l!!! Make road pathways and infrastructure to invite people to explore!! Create small inland lakes, fountains, trees, maybe even a lodge complete with snow!

There were only 2 plots between the land. I didn’t have prestige in that area, you did and after buffers went live you filled it in.

For the other stuff, Christmas was plotted up against PrimeGold BEFORE he left. So you were touching plots. For the other person, I didn’t push anyone out. I left 2 plots between us and most of the land in that area was already plotted months before anyone was there and I only added 1 or 2 more plot row in most spaces. There was plenty of land the other direction.

The point is people don’t always have the space to pull back or authority over plots. Instead of saying you support no annexation and people having their own identity, start taking actions to support that so you are congruent. Or just acknowledge that you enjoy the conflict and have no problem pushing hard on people’s borders in an attempt to remove them from the planet.

Many people in this game do not want conflict. They want a small part of the planet for their own build (or natural area) with their own city name (mayor title) and own identity. They don’t want to have someone breathing down their neck, running roads to block off future growth, or act like every area of the planet is owned by the capital. For some there is nothing more confusing than being on the other side of a planet from the Capital’s location and then cross a road or enter a settlement and see the name of the Capital come up.

1 Like

That piece of land of yours is what thousands of plots? and you are telling me you do not even have 10K prestige? Finding that very difficult to understand…

Christmas Park was plotted up to the border AFTER PrimeGold burned…it was quite a distance short before that…

As for the issues you had with the young woman who owned the land before and how you supposedly treated said young woman, THAT is between you two…only reason I mentioned it is that it shows a historical intent on yourself…

ANYWAYS this is all starting to drift off topic…we can discord in a Voice Channel at your convenience Xalda…

I treated no one wrong in that area so please don’t bring up stuff that wasn’t related to you so I don’t have to defend myself here in public.

Because it was a “reserved” area. Prestige wasn’t needed. Remember I wasn’t a fan of footfall or prestige. So it wouldn’t have that stuff. I only filled in the immediate areas to protect us from having people in our core build. As you can see we have lots of people that can’t stick to their side of the planet and push into everyone’s space.

Christmas was filled in because one of our members expanded their nature reserve as you all were plotting and taking all of prime gold’s prestige/storage and your park and iron stuff was already pushed up. I still don’t see the need to push the park up against other plots when you have huge areas near main Axon.

I want to stay on topic about people pushing their stuff up and plotting close to people. That is the problem and creates the conflict I am talking about when people decide to plot in other areas right up against people for builds instead of sticking to where they put their main city.

There really isn’t a reason to continue this because either you refuse to understand or you don’t want to. So I will just drop it now that you understand the facts on why we believe in opt-out and settlement revamps.

1 Like

It is related to the land the Alamo sits on though so it is 100% appropriate… I did not “explain” the story as it is between you and the young lady as that is between you all and I show respect to you by leaving it at that… BUT it shows your historical interest and aggressive intent upon this particular land… which is the ONLY reason I mentioned it at all… I dont know WHY you have had such an INTENSE need to acquire this land, and it really is not necessary…and it is no one else’s business as far as my concern.

I had the lake for months before anyone was in that area. I filled in 1-2 more plots along the shore so no other person would come in and left 2 plots wide for buffer. After that person left, you took over that land and placed an Alamo there. That is a reference to conflict and I would say was the aggressive point. The build could have been done right by Axon city proper right beside your workshop where there is plenty of open space. You know our guild didn’t like people building on top of us, but you did it anyway and then filled in all the land against our borders increasing the conflict.

Those actions just continue to push us to defend and promote and work to change the settlement things. It is a perfect example of conflict because the actions showcase the need to grab land by another person’s build to exert force and showcase their ownership of the other groups prestige.

That will continue to be the point no matter how much effort is done to change the topic.

1 Like

1st if your plot buffers are on HOW did these connections occur? You all have them on everywhere do you not? What it was is when we took over PrimeGold’s land we didnt turn THOSE buffers on and you all expanded against the former PrimeGold land (and I have no problem with you all doing that).

My MAIN city? Axon is spread out…end of story!

BUT let us entertain your narrative… the Central District of Axon is right there… so the lake area of Christmas Park is perfectly legitimate even under your own scenario,

At the end of the day… I would like to ask why you believe it is OK to tell me HOW to play Boundless? WHAT gives you that RIGHT? Why do YOU get to determine what THE right way to play is?

I did not TAKE OVER the land Xalda… the previous owner INVITED me to have HER land… here you go that right there shows You feel somehow Entitled to the land…it is YOUR land, or it was “destined” to be…

Why do you feel that you more right to determine who plots there than the young lady who OWNED the land?? I do not get this.

Take it to DM… I’m on the verge of shutting this thread down as it serves absolutely no purpose other than you two having a ****ing contest.

10 Likes

I’m not attacking anyone’s views on footfall or prestige. I just don’t see how those two things are a problem if people have the option to opt in or out of a settlement. Prestige is a nice “measuring stick” in building advancement IMO. Footfall is similar to royalties for a musician or artist for work done. It’s a good reward for builders and building is an important aspect to this game. It’s just that some people have used prestige to take over other players settlements which is not cool IMO. This isn’t a PVP. PVP tends to bring the worst out of people IMO.

4 Likes

I suggested that before…taking it to Discord voice or something…

I am out of this topic…out of respect.

Agreed. That is basically why I want a revamp. It feels way too much like PVP in a game no one really wants it in. Settlement, plots, prestige weaponization.

2 Likes