Some love for poor James and the dev team

Ok, so this was a great big f up, probably the worst in Boundless history by far.

That said, I feel bad for poor James and the dev team. They are all probably having a really rough day, obviously they didn’t want to release a Bugthesda level update, and they are all working hard to fix things for us. And I’m sure that nothing like this will happen again, lesson learnt.

Let’s show some love for the team here!

James: you work way too hard for a CEO
Leah: always patient and sweet
Luca: this is probably all his fault but we love you
Minyi/Jess: I don’t like the smiley emojis because they are “off-theme” but you clearly worked hard on all those graphics and you are great!
Vdragon: remember to stretch your wrists, you don’t want carpal tunnel

25 Likes

You forgot Ross who delivers pies for staff and keeps them hydrated.

3 Likes

Absolutely! :smiley: Made a Tweet about this in general today, that devs put so much of their lives into the work that makes us so happy and wanted to express my appreciation. I’ve read some about game development, enough to know I don’t know if I could handle it… so much sacrifice and crunch. Especially in this time, want to show them what their efforts mean to us.

I’m not exaggerating when I sometimes post about how Boundless and my other favorite games give me much of my joy. But, the idea that my happiness might be coming at the expense of another’s truly bothers me. So, the very least can do, show what it does mean, give as much support as possible.

Devs: You all ROCK!! :grin: Can never say thank you enough!

12 Likes

James-chan @james the :cookie: s Came out Delicious Me Share Da :cookie: s with Everybudy (^-^) Hands Everyone A :cookie:

4 Likes

Things happen. Your guys/girls are the best!

3 Likes

I think any mistake made on their part (if any) was only made as bad as it appears by people overreacting and exaggerating consequences.

11 Likes

I don’t think this was a terrible terrible mistake- it happens but at least all players could connect to the game. I honestly love our dev team so much and I hope they know that they are still designing one of the greatest games i think i’ve played in a long time.

12 Likes

what happened?

Nothing happened, they all played boundless and lived happily ever after!! :wink:

9 Likes

The UK said they are never reopening the pubs and @james decided to pull the plug on boundless in protest. The government quickly acquiesced and the servers were brought back online. Way to fight for whats important, James. You are my hero.

9 Likes

I have yet to see anything wrong or bugs with the update.

Thank you for the work.
@james
@vdragon
@SamF
@Leahlemoncakes

9 Likes

Big ups. To you and your crew.
Brrrrraaaaaaap
:+1::+1::beers::wave: :v::metal::vulcan_salute::call_me_hand:

10 Likes

A few bugs:
Spark minter value was 10x what they intended
Deleting beacons could delete your character
A world crashed for 24hrs due to reclaim
Hand trade was bugged and would trade coins but not items
Shop stands broken
Texture errors on PS4

But most of it is fixed now!

2 Likes

damn, I only knew about the spark price and the textures

but then, I spent most of my time in Houchus building a new base, my own little bubble :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Programming is kind of like “changing your cars tires and having your kitchen disappear because of it” at times. The devs do a great job at handling these issues when they arise.

12 Likes

I don’t think it was a great big F-Up… that’s kinda harsh! There’s always unintended consequences and bugs… also, with a pandemic going on, I think they did pretty well.

That being said, @james @Leahlemoncakes @SamF @lucadeltodecso and all the other devs… THANK YOU!! for giving us Boundless and for keeping us all sane (as possible, can be in my case). :heartpulse::heartpulse:

The bugs will be fixed… and some day a distant memory. :nerd_face::+1:

13 Likes

If I was rich I would take all yo Devs here! My favorite place in the “human” Universe!

5 Likes

If I was rich, I’d invest in boundless

7 Likes

I think James would sue you lol :wink:

or did you mean youd invest in Wonderstruck?

Right whatever it is. Money to them

Buy a million plots

@krasniy. Lol no sueing necessary I could save the money too. Or use it on something else.

2 Likes