Some love for poor James and the dev team

Well I will say this, I’ve never played a game with such a close knit community and devs that answer questions and hop on problems like Boundless. Probably the reason it’s the only game I play and I spend more time playing than I do not playing lol but I love the devs and the community :blue_heart:

11 Likes

I can genuinely say i greatly trust and believe in the dev team of this game so much so that when i see something that i dont like or i am not sure of, i always tell myself we (the community) can wait and talk to them later to fix (or change) that thing. Thats how close i feel they are to us and how much trust i placed in them. In other games if something is a deal-breaker, its mostly live with it or quit because the devs dont listen or are unreachable. Not the case here though.

Boundless was and still is imo one of the most polished games ive played. Hiccups do happen and thats not an issue.

9 Likes

@james et al… Yep, normal stuff. This release had a lot of elements to it. I’m used to test cycles that take longer than this year so far in order to prevent unintended bugs. So if you can do a big release quickly, and fix the fallout in a day or two, your doing pretty well in my opinion. Hiccups dont bother me and I trust that you would fix / compensate me if anything actually tragic were to happen. You’ve earned lots of “tolerance” from me and I’m not afraid to say so. Keep it up!

11 Likes

Yup they resolved all the critical stuff pretty fast, they did well :slight_smile:

8 Likes

So much this!! :heart::heart::heart: I play other games, but Boundless gets the lions share of the time - not only my ideal game on so many levels, but a lot of how special it is to me is because of how wonderful everybody is!

And echo what others said as well on how well they did on this - when I said “during this time” earlier, should clarify was actually referring to them having to do everything from home due to the pandemic, and all the stresses that is causing for everybody, in both work and life, rather than the issues. Issues with releases happen and can be fixed, and they did a great job! :+1: And, while having to do it all remotely!

5 Likes

Incorrect. Removing your character from a guild (or primary guild) would disconnect your character from your user. The character was not deleted. (If it was it would have also deleted all of your beacons.) We will reconnect the characters once we’ve confirmed that it’ll not corrupt them.

It actually crashed for 5 minutes. But then our system will deliberately take the world offline to protect the integrity of the world whilst we investigate the issue.

We could allow the world to go back online automatically - but maybe all the data becomes corrupted and the world is lost. Safety first IMO for a persistent universe.

32 Likes

Yup, very big update and a bunch of minor issues. They are on top of it tho so nothing to worry about.

well done everyone at WS!

8 Likes

I thoroughly enjoy playing Boundless. I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t. This was a mild hiccup in the scheme of things and was dealt with.
I wish all the MMO’s I’ve played over the years would have had this level of dedication…

5 Likes

The Wonderstruck devs are definitely incredible and deserve a lot of applause for their hard work.

7 Likes

They need :hugs: and :heart: and more :hugs: given by us.

But between all that, don’t forget they need first and foremost masses on :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:.
Is delivered right now :wink:

4 Likes

Yep!! :coffee:, :tea:,

… and lots and lots of :beer::champagne::cocktail::wine_glass::beers::beer::tumbler_glass::beers: probably too… wish I could buy them a round or two… or however many they are needing now! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

With them at home working on the game, makes since that there would be bugs. But they are working hard to remove those pesky bugs

1 Like

I’m just glad that my favorite video game is still available to play. I’m glad that the Wonderstruck crew is able to safely work on things. There’s some bugs in the last update but I get that things happen in odd circumstances. These are strange times. So in my opinion the Wonderstruck crew still rocks. :metal:
So this song is for the Wonderstruck crew.:sunglasses:

:metal:
5 Likes

Good song choice!!

thx 4 the new update…
finaly i can move all my stuff…

BUT:
its a…
… nice tool too, to sort all colors one by one…
… nice tool to sort all forged hammers with identic boons… (i realy love this… it takes so much time to sort them by hand)

im gonna build a new area… to sort all my stuff by your reclaim system…
so many things are done with this update…

only thing, i cant take a stag, only single ones outside(without getting mixed stags in my invent. … pushing r2 works very well, but pushing x takes only single ones… no stag splitting can be used)
and after ill take a few things, storage wont load again(maybe its too much stuff xd) … load again after closing the game… try to send u a gamelog…

have a nice weekend

2 Likes

It sorts your items? I guess that makes sense

It should be easy to add a sort function to ALL chests then, no?

2 Likes

I wasn’t overly interested in the reclaim system (apart from it being an obvious and wonderful safety net) but if it organises your things that’s a game changer!!!

4 Likes

Oh it does. If it could put emojis on sign, have strange conversations about glassing planets at 3am and grapple you while afk, it would almost replace @AmandaPan.

Edit: for clarity, she randomly sorts my storage.

6 Likes

Very nice update.
The reclaim will greatly help people who forget to refuel so they don’t lose their stuff, and it makes removing and moving an old build much easier.
I initially didn’t really care about the emojis, but I find making them look like framed pictures to decorate with very nice.
Good job devs!

1 Like

I feel sorry for devs been told it was the worst update in history of boundless…Yea a few minor hiccups but seriously not that bad at all…

6 Likes