Some shots from my worldbuilder tests

The pathed ice biome is spectacular.

2 Likes

(With the next update of Boundless you will be able to generate an entire world that uses these biomes. They look really great!)

13 Likes

Will we even get the tools to generate these configs?

1 Like

Nice, looking forward to that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You can actually do it already.
If you use worldbuilder from the commandline it has a generate subcommand
i.e you can launch the worldbuilder by doing boundlessworldbuilder.exe
or you can generate a world by doing boundlessworldbuilder.exe generate [parameters]

(to use your custom biomes you’ll need to create a world config json with worldbuilder first)
(if you provide no parameters it lists all possible parameters)
(generation takes a little while but it shows you the progress)

Then if you’ve got a local sandbox world (which is complete) you can drag all the files from worldbuilder’s output into that sandbox world’s folder (somewhere in Boundless/server/creativeworlds/) (replacing everything) and that should work? At least it has for me in the past.

Hopefully that made sense :man_shrugging: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where would this executable file be located?

1 Like

“C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Boundless\worldbuilder\boundlessworldbuilder.exe”

worldbuilder directory doesn’t exist for me.

1 Like

unfortunately its restricted i think to the install, not really sure if were allowed to just share it unless the devs okay it.

No we can’t share it, it was a backer perk from early access.

1 Like

Started a universe and a world on testserver.
Took about 25 min to generate at normal size and 10+ homemade biomes.

First night at base.

17 Likes

T4 lush from my test universe.

17 Likes

WOW :star_struck: that’s a pretty one
… well done :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Any chance you would share the configs so I could generate some worlds on testing? I’m thinking of doing some local universe let’s plays and I think it would be cool to show off your work as well as give a taste of what is possible with the upcoming release :grin:

5 Likes

Some beautiful shots here. As much as I want to try it, I dont want to suffer trying to navigate my way around. Would love a T1 world though with more variety of terrain aside from all flat - with autumn colors palette too. Should look good I imagine.

MyT2 spawnworld

9 Likes

T5 shock

15 Likes

Pm me and i can see what i can do.

Your biomes will never cease to amaze me

2 Likes

Yay! I’m psyched that you might do a video on this!

1 Like