Someone claimed to be our friends ALT and ransaked his place when the beacon went - before we knew. Is there anything we could do?

Dude was in our town for a while, and I mean like several days just standing there. We always thought it was odd, so I asked in game if he was someone we knew. He said he was - He was his alt.

We thought that was ok, and wandered off. Logged on today to see all of our friends things gone and 50k prestige gone up in smoke.

See, thing is, we would have been happy if they’d just been honest and said the beacon had gone. None of us knew it was close. Heck we would have happily reimbursed him the cost of all of our friends belongings (he’s worked really hard on them, but has a baby so it’s not like he can give up as much time as we do)

Is there anything we ould do about this?

Alternatively, Dude - if you yourself read this, please get in touch. We’ll buy back our friends things happily from you, but just why on earth would you lie about being someone you arent?

1 Like

Not condoning thievery by any means, but I’m guessing he lied to steal your buddies stuff and 50k worth of prestige?

Best of luck though to you and your group.

Edit: Even though I fully support you naming the thief, you should get rid of his name in your post (against CoC).

4 Likes

Removed :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sorry this happened to you and your friend. I am happy to help you rebuild instead of starting a witch hunt. PM me some info. 50k+ prestige is a snap!

2 Likes

As you can see, the community is a relatively friendly bunch and will definitely help your buddy get back on his feet. I’d help as well, but I haven’t been active lately (RDR2 and the wife are the current time thieves).

1 Like

it’s a slick slope. I’m glad the CoC is there but it does kind of prevent people from exposing people who do shady but thecnacly legal stuff like this.
I am of the opinion that we should be allowed to warn others of habithually abusive players.

4 Likes

I fully support it as well. Even in a relatively friendly game it sucks that we still get to trust no one. It’s a problem with humanity though, not necessarily the game.

3 Likes

My thought is this. If the “buddy” was a buddy, you would know 1 of 2 things:

1. That his beacon was going to expire that day,

2. That he would be filling it soon, you may have had permissions to fuel it, and there is possibly beacon poachers who have spotted the lame injured about to die beacon and one would need to be first to claim it.

All perfectly legal in this game. A mechanic I endorse. Also another point and case of knowing your citizens, and friends.

Good thing about this community is there are players willing to help each other out. That’s more important.

5 Likes

If you need tools or whatever, hit me privately and I’m happy to donate. Sorry to hear about that.

Is it my understanding that you gave the stranger permissions to his beacon and that’s how the stranger ransacked your friend?

PS- while you cannot name and shame publicly, there is nothing preventing you from take it outside of forum.

2 Likes

He said “just standing” for several days, so I’m guessing the guy camped a beacon for THIS long for that amount of loot. I almost pity the “offender”.

5 Likes

Lol yeh thought the same. But the difference between high end and normal players is vast.

1 Like

Oh…gotcha. LOL. Yeah, I mean…dude…get a life.

But on the other hand, it is quite the adrenaline rush to loot a beacon. I haven’t experienced yet in this game but I’ve done it in another game with similar mechanics. It’s like Christmas :):rofl:

50k would be a massive haul for me. That would increase my settlement’s prestige by 25%. We’re talkin’ a month’s worth of prestige.

1 Like

My first thought was bad luck, thats life… but I love that so many people are nicer than me and their first though was to offer help to replace the lost things.

You are good eggs.

Gonna follow your lead… i have about 20k stone and quite a few smart stacks of refined your friend can have to rebuild if it helps. Colours aare average, but should easy be 50k prestige.

Yep, i feel better about me now.

Go team!

3 Likes

I once found an expired beacon, watched it for days… thinking about it whenever i wasnt online and rushing to get back to check it. Didnt know how much was in storage and dreaming about the piles of loot i was about to discover. It was pretty fun.

I caught it at what must have been 3hrs45mins of the regen and score 3 out of 4 workbench peices, an iron furnace and about 8 bone.

Totally worth the 3 days of stalking it.

2 Likes

This is kinda fun. I’m in.

Where do I donate, lol.

1 Like

I found once 185 Rough Oort and some inky leaves. it was exhilarating! Though i have a neighbor that only hunts for abandon settlements. finds quite a bit of stuff

1 Like

I have been a part of I believe 3 beacon ‘reclamation’ adventures. They are really fun and have gotten some sweet loot but camping a beacon doesn’t seem fun to me.
If OP needs any help restoring the 50k prestige hit me up in dm as I have a metric ton of mats to get it back quick. 50k is about 15-20 mins of building for me and no it’s not gleam though have plenty of that as well lolol

1 Like

Where is your settlement? Happy to donate stuff to help out. Will get everything back and more in no time

1 Like

lol this exact thing happend to me and my public factory in EA
warast owned plots he got baby i forgot to add to beaconlist
:innocent: