Someone claimed to be our friends ALT and ransaked his place when the beacon went - before we knew. Is there anything we could do?

Haha… no idea. Im assuming they probably wont take me up on the offer. But being nice feels kinda nice.

It’s great that everyone is offering to rebuild.

There should be a system in place to lock the beacon when it expires, not just have it vanish. The cities are vast, with tons of plots and separate beacons. Hard to keep track of it all.

I suggest (in the wrong thread) that after it expires it becomes frozen for 1 week. Maybe changes a different color? That way friends can notice and feed it, or claim it etc. Or leave it as is because its fun to find abandoned ruins also.

Wolves in sheeps clothing. “Add me to the beacons so I can come help rebuild”:innocent::smiling_imp:

Joking, I would or could never.

If something annoys me, it’s seeing beautiful builds (or builds in general) get lost to regeneration. Builds are, among many things, what gives this game its soul. Ill happily give a greater beacon fuel to your friend so they can forget about their beacon for a while. Pm me if you start rebuilding :slight_smile:

The flame goes out and it’s just smoke when there’s only 7 days left on a beacon’s fuel.
That’s why the guy was stood there for a week, is my guess.

If you have permissions on a friends beacon, you get a warning when theres one week of fuel left, just like your own beacons.

Well then it seems like they have fail safes already in place.

Sucks that it happened despite all that.

I didn’t mean to imply I wanted to start one, but I was hoping the guy himself might just explain why he did what he did.

I know if beacons run out, its fair game, but at least be honest - then we could have prepped rather than having the shock of going to check up on things and seeing a massive hunk of land just… gone

I dont think you do, as I didnt get one for his. I’m on a few beacons around the town but have never had a warning on any other than mine.

How do you check?

We’ve already restarted :slight_smile: I’ve gotten the brick ect to rebuild and we’ve crafted the machines and the storage - not its just sorting the spark gens and his coils out ! If you’re ok with it, mind me buying one from you for it? I don’t want to take advantage of peoples kindness!

Nah no taking advantage - I offered it :smiley:

ur friends beacon went off and this dude was involved in that? or was he just waiting for it to expire?

In order to receive a “low fuel” warning on a beacon, it has to be in your beacon list. You go up to a beacon you have permissions for, interact with it and select “add to beacon list”. Now you’ll receive warning as if it’s your own. My main alt is my beacon warden because, well, i play him most.

As an aside, if someone claims to be an alt of a beacon owner, do the permission test! Ask them to plop down any block and mine it. This doesn’t prove ownership, but you should only give such power to people you trust anyway :hugs:

50k is months worth of work?

As to the issue of ppl claiming to be alts, as long as you know the original players name you can do a trade test. Interact with the suspected person and say you’re ready to trade them some item. After opening the interaction menu on player you will see the online I’d of PS4 players.

1 Like

Going by memory, had life get in the way and forgot that his beacon needed refilling. Someone sees it is getting ready to go out, they didn’t have it set so their (friends) can get a notice so they didn’t realize how bad.

This person did, and spent a week waiting for all the goodies they could get.
Wrong thing to do, but there are jerks in real life who can become jerks in games.

Had it happen to a neighbor of mine. I don’t think he had a lot but came back from being gone and didn’t understand the message on need to refuel his beacon. I’m guessing that he bought the deluxe and thought the refuel was good for always, not just a free month.
Someone cleaned him out, and destroyed his base. Stated he didn’t know what to do, had the game gone PvP, explained how the beacon, when it expires allows other players to take your loot. They programed it that way to clear off abandoned bases.
If you get warnings, and Know that your fuel is going out and what can and will happen and are still playing and don’t want to take the time to go fuel it because you are mining or something, I go it serves them right. I have no sympathy.

maybe there should be a way to hide names after editing XD eventhough he changed it i am still able to find out who did it :x

I’ve been playing since PS4 launch. I’m at 204k.
I having been banking gleam, or anything, though.

If not for a move from Pheminorum to Sorissi, I was about to hit 500k, also since launch. But I moved and now redoing it all, back up to 100 k though.

I dont ever build and I am above 500k as a solo player.