Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!

One 6km world ordered, one! :smiley:
About to start the customization process.

4 Likes

I’m inquiring about a more direct answer, as this is twice in the past 24 hours I’ve been told by backers that its apparently event only. I want clarification from the devs, not just a “maybe” or “no artificial limit”, as how can I be certain things didn’t change since those quotes happened? Especially with how creative bridges were originally 1-blinksec only, but changed to no limit (And we’re STILL missing the full patch notes btw)

1 Like

Well… I’m yet to see any evidence supplied by the people who made those claims.

I don’t have any evidence besides that post from James, but the way I read it all 255 colours are possible but some are clearly less likely than others and black seems to be quite possibly the least likely.

2 Likes

To this date we’ve only been able to get black gleam via the Gleambow event. When someone rents a planet, the colors generated are random/RNG. It is possible that someone could get a planet with black. Maybe not a very high chance I suppose after looking at the color charts, but it is possible at some point we’ll see it on a planet.

2 Likes

From what I’ve gathered, it is statistical improbable. All they claim is that they didn’t block it, but that doesn’t mean it’s going to happen. I doubt anyone is familiar enough with the coding to be able to answer what the possible/likely within reason color outputs are per world generation type.

1 Like

I had taken James’ answer at face value as well.

I haven’t taken time to try and dig up a link and learn how to read the config files. Anyone care to post the relevant bits?

Many players have access to the world builder though, and it’s been stated in the past they’re still using it to build the worlds. Still, even if they are set that way in the world builder github, it doesn’t mean that they’re using those exact settings to generate the sovereigns.

An explicit (possible/not possible) answer would be nice. I mean, I’ve never pushed for black gleam or against color rarity in any way, but it would be nice to have an actual, definitive answer as it’s clearly quite important to some players. The actual statistical probability is less relevant, though I’m sure people would love to know it.

It’s definitely been a FAQ :smirk:

4 Likes

My Creative World should be on its way.
T1, lush, small rivers, 33 biomes… it’s gonna be niiiiice. :3

4 Likes

I still don’t have mine…19 hours later. I know they said 24 hours but damn…I am getting antsy…I didn’t think it would ACTUALLY take the full 24 hours.

2 Likes

There was a comment about how they can build planets in parallel but some of the other bits of code were in sequence. Also they said 10-20 minutes per world. To get to my world (assuming order 1106 is # 106 in line) that’s 17.5-35 hours if they are still building them one at a time. I’m at 18 hours from purchase and just checked, still not there. If it gets over 35 hours I’ll start to worry xD

So, when it’s up, you get an e-mail? Or you just have to wait in-game for a pop-up, or just keep checking back every now and then to see it in your sanctum’s skybox?

I was order 1072 so mine SHOULD have been among the first ones done this morning. I fully expected to wake up to mine being done this morning. But it was not. SO I have no idea what’s going on now. I don’t know if I should email them or if they are just going to tell me to wait the 24 hours…or…

I have been watching TNT’s bot and when one that is similar in the right region pop’s up I check the sanctum. But as far as I know there is no email. You just keep checking.

I didn’t get an email. Just a pop up in game as you said.

1 Like

You don’t get any notification. You just have to keep checking the worlds tab in your menu. When it’s ready, it will just appear there.

Actually the pop up was as I logged in. If you’re already logged in you might not get it.

1 Like

Wait, so can it be added to the list if you just stay afk like a dumb-dumb, or should I log-out and log back in every few hours?

I mean, either way, it’s likely not coming today, I might have to wait for tomorrow (it’s noon in France).
Or maybe the devs don’t start the generation of worlds during the night? Can they let their computers generate the backlog of worlds while they sleep?
'cause if it’s an active process, that might explain why some players are still waiting, maybe nothing was being generated during the night.

Mine popped up on the list while I was “AFK like a dumb-dumb” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think they’re working on it. Doesn’t seem like they’re getting much sleep. :zzz:

4 Likes

Has anyone else had a color you selected not get genned as you have set it?

I was just standing around the Sanctum, twiddling my Oortian thumbs when I got the pop up saying the world was ready. :slight_smile:

Here’s what it looks like for those who are still waiting…

7 Likes

I was surprised to not have the option to give a name to my world in the form, so I imagine that Ellon Pegasus II is randomly generated, and you then have to change it with a world control?

2 Likes

Yep, exactly. I was also surprised the name choosing wasn’t part of the form either. I decided to keep half of it and went with Pegasus II. It seemed fitting because of the flying white b alls of gleam. :slight_smile:

2 Likes