Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!

been interesting trying to decide what type of planet and biomes to use.
have gone from a more comfortable t3 lush, through t4’s to finally a t5 chilled…find the light very appealing as it just seems to make my colour combos pop.
my biome choices have more or less stayed the same with some mistakes made.
would have loved a simulator as it’s getting quite expensive choosing the right planet :sweat_smile: but my reasoning is that if I’m gonna spend a lot of time building now is the time to get it right.
Also don’t begrudge the rejected, surplus planets as there have brought in new colours plus been fun exploring them.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I don’t know if my world is up yet :unamused: can’t wait for it!

As mentioned by another forum member, there is something called Local Mode. When the game is loaded and you are in the Sanctum, you can select it and host multiple planets on your local PC. These are survival but can be turned into creative in a way since you can give yourself stuff.

Additionally, at this point there are still some plans to mature that local mode in a variety of ways. One of them might be running the software on a “server” like many other games have. They need to build that out and it would take time.

Lastly, they are considering ways that the “local mode” might still be able to connect to the “MMO Universe” that we have now. It would likely be in the same way as “creative mode.” So all of this would just take time but the release they just did laid even more foundation of the technology they would need.

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. I’ll keep up hope then. Shouldn’t be that difficult to allow the real creative mode in local mode, so maybe it will happen sooner rather than later.

(quoting you Buugi so I can move a conversation here)

I think currently there were only about 100-150 concurrent players in the entire game from looking at steam. They probably will work on expanding hosting counts once it actually becomes an issue.

Now that there is the pull of private planets (and the potential cashflow from them) we might start seeing an actual advertising push for boundless to increase player count.

As long as they keep the initial paywall IMO. We dont want a bunch of bots running around.

1 Like

How much more are players willing to pay for a planet to expand the number of players that can be on it simultaneously? Twice as much for double the players?

2 Likes

This is very likely the only option, and I’m really curious to see if anyone thinks it’s a worthwhile deal.

I’m willing to make changes in my selections of bio-domes if that will make whatever problems my world is causing @james . I don’t need the icebergs for instance…

1 Like

I just noticed that when I look at the portal connected to my Sovereign, it shows the time on the Rental remaining as well as the usual time on the portal that’s remaining.

That’s a really nice, handy little touch right there! :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

You see after a month how many sovereign are up… As i see many People now just using many lower cost ones To open more colors it just could be there just handful of actual unique renters

1 Like

My point there was To show how it doesnt make any sense To have 100slot guild capability and Then have a max 40slot rentable planet.

I personally really like seeing many players… Building together etc.

Sure many of those 100 guild slots are alts and what not but still i think kinda valid point Im making.

But do all those 100 players always play at the same time every time?
I doubt we have reached that at this point. But maybe in the near future it could actually happen.

1 Like

I am not saying you do not have a valid point. But my question is if a planet that could hold 100 players would cost $100 USD per month would players pay for it? Maybe the developers came up with planets and player counts they though were affordable for players and they figured no one would pay what it would cost for a planet that could hold more players.

2 Likes

Is there a way for my kids to join me on these local worlds?

Ye i didnt meant To sound like that you missed the point.
But To answer your question… Maybe handful of players.

I’d assume If you have a guild that size others would help pitch in and it wouldn’t be just 1 person paying the full 100. Besides, does it cost to have the option available? I thought the server itself costed money once it was online. I dont assume it would passively cost the devs money to have an option for more players.

Besides, the perm world’s now have a max capacity of like, 80 people? Or something like that? I’m surprised they didn’t at least have that capacity as an option for people.

I will probably be setting up a different world next month, seeing as 2 of the biomes were not as pictured or expected.
Jungle gleam biome had a picture like the gleam fields on Kada I, but ended up more rock than gleam formations.
Ancient Temples biome. I was really excited about this one, as the picture looked like giant stone pyramids in a desert. All of mine are in deep water. And once you go below the surface, they’re nothing but deep treacherous open caves that you can easily fall to your death in.

1 Like

Based on a conversation over a year ago the number of player instances a planet supports (simultaneous players) does affect the cost of the server . The more players, the more the planet costs. Could this have changed? Sure, but probably it did not based on what we are seeing.