Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!

Really? lol

Not mine tho :joy:

2 Likes

Thanks @james and dev team got my initial two planets. Appreciate your hard work

1 Like

looks like black lustrous wood is out now too

So, I got the ancient temples biome. Not what I expected from the initial picture. But if you want to go spelunking, then itā€™s the thing for you. It has deep ravines. You can easily fall to your death.

2 Likes

(just trying to keep similar things all in the same place :blush: :hugs: )

1 Like

I shall be guided by your wisdom great lady. :pray:

1 Like

This makes me happy :smile:

9 Likes

They already have a prototype for this included in the Live game, it was the old creative mode, hosted on your own PC.

This is something else, itā€™s sovereign worlds connected to the main universe, and hosted by WS creative worlds also accessible by everyone in the MMO.

These are servers hosted by WS, those cost money, of course you need to pay for that. That the game is an MMO (which Minecraft is not BTW) without a sub is still true. You do not need a creative world or a sovereign to enjoy the game, you do not need to spend another dime after buying it.

Tho what you want is then the old creative mode equivalent which is something they will continue working on but this was more important to them and the reaction it has gotten tells us they were right in doing so!

6 Likes

@james out of curiosity how far behind are the world generators? Ordered a little while ago and trying to decide whether to take a nap or keep on mining.

Loving the sovereigns! Awesome addition to the game!

1 Like

Your world is up.

4 Likes

been interesting trying to decide what type of planet and biomes to use.
have gone from a more comfortable t3 lush, through t4ā€™s to finally a t5 chilledā€¦find the light very appealing as it just seems to make my colour combos pop.
my biome choices have more or less stayed the same with some mistakes made.
would have loved a simulator as itā€™s getting quite expensive choosing the right planet :sweat_smile: but my reasoning is that if Iā€™m gonna spend a lot of time building now is the time to get it right.
Also donā€™t begrudge the rejected, surplus planets as there have brought in new colours plus been fun exploring them.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I donā€™t know if my world is up yet :unamused: canā€™t wait for it!

As mentioned by another forum member, there is something called Local Mode. When the game is loaded and you are in the Sanctum, you can select it and host multiple planets on your local PC. These are survival but can be turned into creative in a way since you can give yourself stuff.

Additionally, at this point there are still some plans to mature that local mode in a variety of ways. One of them might be running the software on a ā€œserverā€ like many other games have. They need to build that out and it would take time.

Lastly, they are considering ways that the ā€œlocal modeā€ might still be able to connect to the ā€œMMO Universeā€ that we have now. It would likely be in the same way as ā€œcreative mode.ā€ So all of this would just take time but the release they just did laid even more foundation of the technology they would need.

4 Likes

Thanks for letting me know. Iā€™ll keep up hope then. Shouldnā€™t be that difficult to allow the real creative mode in local mode, so maybe it will happen sooner rather than later.

(quoting you Buugi so I can move a conversation here)

I think currently there were only about 100-150 concurrent players in the entire game from looking at steam. They probably will work on expanding hosting counts once it actually becomes an issue.

Now that there is the pull of private planets (and the potential cashflow from them) we might start seeing an actual advertising push for boundless to increase player count.

As long as they keep the initial paywall IMO. We dont want a bunch of bots running around.

1 Like

How much more are players willing to pay for a planet to expand the number of players that can be on it simultaneously? Twice as much for double the players?

2 Likes

This is very likely the only option, and Iā€™m really curious to see if anyone thinks itā€™s a worthwhile deal.

Iā€™m willing to make changes in my selections of bio-domes if that will make whatever problems my world is causing @james . I donā€™t need the icebergs for instanceā€¦

1 Like