Sovereign and Creative Worlds now live!

I will probably be setting up a different world next month, seeing as 2 of the biomes were not as pictured or expected.
Jungle gleam biome had a picture like the gleam fields on Kada I, but ended up more rock than gleam formations.
Ancient Temples biome. I was really excited about this one, as the picture looked like giant stone pyramids in a desert. All of mine are in deep water. And once you go below the surface, they’re nothing but deep treacherous open caves that you can easily fall to your death in.

1 Like

Based on a conversation over a year ago the number of player instances a planet supports (simultaneous players) does affect the cost of the server . The more players, the more the planet costs. Could this have changed? Sure, but probably it did not based on what we are seeing.

Many server based games do charge that amount and in most cases the guilds run a donation weekend and usually pool the money to get a years worth of server time. If you had 100actual people that put in 15$ each over the course of a year you’ve got funds to get 15 months of server time.

Not everyone likes that sort of guild system though and I’m not sure how boundless would handle it.

1 Like

Obviously everything is speculation…
I have no clue what the server cost To run… What kinda server there are availsble For this kinda game… I would imagine its Pretty limited

Alright, I opened my game and was in the Sanctum. Been combing the menus and can’t find out how to run “local mode”. Any assistance would be nice. Also, I don’t care about being able to reach the rest of the worlds from my own creative planet. I just want myself and my kids to be able to build to our heart’s content without having to worry about them getting in other people’s ways or having weird/bad interactions with other online players. Thanks for informing me.

Maybe this will help

1 Like

You access it via the debug menu

debug

server

2 Likes

The price doubles for double the size of the planet and double the amount of players allowed.

So should adding 10 player capacity cost an extra $10 or perhaps less?

Maybe $5?

Then a 100 slot 6km would be $70, a 100 slot 4.5km would be $60…

If that is enough to cover the cost of more players than that would be better

1 Like

Sorry I think I need to clarify what I meant. I know having more players will up the cost of the server. But what I meant is that having the OPTION of allowing people to buy larger servers wouldn’t passively cost the devs money. For example, why couldn’t they have their current server options and then an even larger one that has the normal player population size of about 80 concurrent players for say 80 dollars? Would having that extra option have costed them more money?

Before we had any info, I was expecting to see 20 slot worlds as the minimum for €/$15.99. That was with considering the costs on servers for different types of games.

So, based on that, I personally think an extra €5 or €6 would be a fair price to bring it from 10 to 20 slots.

I’d pay extra for the 80 slot standard that perms have :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thank you very much!

1 Like

I know that this is a negative sentiment on what otherwise feels like a great step forward, but this demonstrates exactly why people have been pushing for more communication. It certainly feels like there might have been alternative options if they had suggested some speculative prices, sizes and player-caps and gotten feedback on that.

Hopefully the system they’ve built is flexible enough that it it can be revisited later down the line to maybe have planet sizes abstracted from player caps to let people pick them separately. Although fuel prices for them could be confusing (more than it already is).

2 Likes

It’s a small gripe but I wish we could choose what kind of atmosphere on sovereign planets. I understand the intent that they follow the same rules as live planets for balance reasons, I’m just not sure how atmosphere affects that much at all. I’d likely get a t5-6 planet but really don’t care for the how the atmospheres make everything look.

Anyway, appreciate all the hard work that went into the update (and in processing all the new worlds, whee!)

Wonderstruck could sell packages of world fuel, let’s say lesser world fuel gives you 30 units, Basic 60 units, etc. And each world uses a set amout of units per day. a 3k world uses 1 unit, 4,5k uses 2, 6k uses 4.

Just like portals. It’s a system players are already familiar with and it’s a lot more flexible and less confusing.

That way you can scale up player caps later. A 6k world with 60 player cap could go up to use 6 units a day instead of 4. (Rule of thumb would be 1 unit of world fuel per 10 player slots per day. Slots per $ would not change.)

1 Like

Oh no! There’s mountains of pure lustrous wood to the core now?!
:mountain::joy::joy:

7 Likes

nah, those have a stone core - I know them from exos. BUT the outer hull is 3 layer thick wood :slight_smile:

just dug down 9 layers and its all still wood! :laughing:

3 Likes

WHAT? :OOOOO So it differs from Exos. We chose that biome as well on atleast one of the two planets. Can’t wait to test ours

I selected that biome hoping it was solid!! Did you dig into it to verify?

1 Like