Spark Generator,Spark Limit? 8 Million spark disappeared as well

Lol.,. Well any way @Ratchel I can give you 100 compact medium coal. Makes up for missing those hand trades too

1 Like

But if you break the outer ones shouldnā€™t it all move to the middle genny? If not how does one hold 3.4 mil? If a 3x3 genny is built shouldnā€™t it just keep moving in towards the center not get lost? It happened 2 days ago when he moved his 3x3 to one and trained it upstairs and then across the street and into my house. Itā€™s still a single genny if want to see itā€™s still holding 3.4 million

He didnā€™t break a center genny he went outside in like he did before so it should still act the same way as 2 days ago

The way you would lose spark by breaking generators would be if you had something like:

G G G G G [say has 10K spark)

then you broke a generator to get

G G G x G [now we have 2 groups, one with 7.5K spark, and one with 2.5K spark]

and then broke again to get

G G G x x [now we have just 1 group, but it has 7.5K spark as the 2.5K spark was lost from that group being entirely destroyed]

whereas if you did like:

G G G G G [10K spark]
G G G G x [10K spark]
G G G x x [10K spark]

no spark is lost as you never seperate into different (subsequently broken) groups of spark.

4 Likes

thank you. this is what I was trying to explain, but without pictures sometimes itā€™s very hard :wink:

So if is 3x3 attached to a 3x3 on gennies. So 9 attached to 9. You may lose spark if break a genny? Or is it specified by rows not clusters or stacks like coils or machines?

Cuz if did

GGG
GGG
GGG
And break all but the center G you technically arenā€™t breaking the chain of gennies

Canā€™t ya store spark in a second set and disconnect old set hook up the reserves like a spark cord switch

If you have 2 with 100,000 in, total. And you break one, you still have 100,000.

When you place them next to each other, they act as a multi-block - you can repair one and repair them all; and you can fuel them all through one block.

Iā€™d suggest, if you place 10 then fill it up to the max 16 million, then take some away, you reduce the max they can hold. Maybe that excess is lost?

Nah he said Max was 16mil for 1 or 16.
I either misunderstood last dev talk about it. or dude was off.

OPs problem looks like a bug.

I feel itā€™s a bug what happened to me. I going to wait and see if I can get a response from the Dev team see how they feel about the situation. I did submit a log and report when it happened. Hopefully will hear something back.

You said you had been adding and removing generators, so it does just sound like you had split the spark into two groups deleting one of the groups and thus a percentage of the spark. As I described before, there are only two ways to lose spark right now: deleting a group of generators, or merging generators such that the combined spark is too large.

The prior happens in cases like yours like:

G

Here is a generator in a group of its own (group is all touching generators), you add say, 3 generators to make a larger group:

G + + +

And then remove generators again, say first removing the new one on the left so that you get:

G x G G

At which point the single group of generators has been split into two groups, the left group of 1 generator getting 1/3 of the spark, and the right group of 2 getting 2/3 of the spark. You then remove the other 2 new generators leaving

G x x x

And now the right group is deleted and its spark lost, and the remaining generator has only 1/3 of the spark it started with

1 Like

The way i had the generators set up it was one group. The way i added them and removed the ones added would not have separated it into 2 groups.

Edit: trying to do this at work lots of edits

Maxing it out seems risky anyways. Sorry you lost all that.

1 Like

Ty it just teaches me a lesson i guess

1 Like

Yes, you can move the spark by putting down one or two extract cores having them touch and then remove the last one in the chainā€¦ repeat, etc. But, note, that you could still lose spark if you make a mistake in removing too many in the chain. Plus if you already placed down your 8 cores (or whatever is the max) you wouldnā€™t be able to move it.

In other words you just have to be careful placing cores. Also, honestly, there is no reason to have so much spark in the core. A few million should suffice and just restock it. Trying to max it just leaves you open up to mistakes or issues.

2 Likes

@lucadeltodecso just make it easy on people with a simple rule - Spark generators cannot be moved unless they contain zero spark or something like 500 or something small enough it is a non issue to lose it. Add a simple note upon placing the core alerting it cannot be moved, etc.

Why waste the time trying to develop a ton of code and stuff when we can find an easy way out of it. Our developer time really needs to be spent on much more important things.

2 Likes

When you have 16 max power machines and use them daily with 480 mass crafts. Yes there is a reason to have this much spark in the generators. There are many reason to stock the spark to a high amount. When you actually use all the machines daily you do not want to have to restock your generators every day.

Guessing you havenā€™t read all the comments cause your comment is being repetitive. Guess repetition for effect huh.

At this point this topic has already been talked about enough and everything has been covered. It should just be closed