Spinoff discussion: what's your opinions on PVP in Boundless?

Edit:the following post is linked from What turns you off playing Boundless? and lead to some interesting discussion over there regarding PVP in boundless. To that end, I’ve emphasized specifically the part of that post regarding pvp here in a new thread. -Havok40k

( I LOVE THIS GAME WITH ALL MY :purple_heart: & Soul )

Buuut……

There are a lot of things that drive me crazy & I wont list them all here.
However I would say my biggest complaints at this current stage would have to be.

1. MEGA WEAK SAUCE PROGRESSION
    It honestly in my opinion, is very very broken in its current state.
    Its truly the worst thing about the game for me.
    We don’t lv high enough or earn enough skill points by max level on top of that.
    As well as the fact that so many skills are linked together, which makes it 10x worse. Because now we really have to make 2132103827196321 characters, to be fully efficient at things.
    Constantly having to switch my characters back & forth 100x a day.
    Its truly torture.
    2**. NO PVP or anything close to it.**
    Fighting A.I Is fun for the first couple hours until you realize you’ve seen everything they have to offer in battle.
    Then you begin to want to kill something a little less " Predictable "
    & if PvP cant be done. Just say it already, & make it final. There will never be PvP in this game, just admit it. So people can get over it. My personal opinion though.
    If it cant be done start looking at implementing something like. *****
    ***** 1. Pokémon style taming & Training of pets for PvP Instead.

This will Give opportunity for new creature types in game.***
    *****2. A trading card style game, Maybe this game can use all the items & creatures in boundless as entities within said card game. *****

3.Deadish Water.
I mean it moves, but just a little & we all know that water has much more personality then that.
It also seems that waterfalls & the sound of crashing water is non existent within the Boundless Universe & I find it to be some what irritating.
& where is all the marine life?

1. The Economy Is Wack.
    “Them Low player numbers” & the fact that in Boundless, a Store is like a Butt Cavity, everybody has one.

:kissing_heart:

4 Likes

I play BL because there is no pvp. I detest PVP.

10 Likes

Lol, differing opinions makes the world go round, more power to you for your view point. :blush:

3 Likes

But how would you feel about a trading card based battling game instead?
Or if we could tame & train creatures to fight, like Pokémon?

1 Like

I really welcome to add some other improved gameplay into the game, but I don’t like to directly copy only the things from other games.

Are you implying that a pokemon type fighting system would be copying pokemon?

If so I assure you it isn’t, not unless they start adding pokeballs & pikachus, its all original.
The concept of taming & fighting creatures has been around for ages.
Pokémon didn’t do anything new in that regard.

3 Likes

Replicating pokemon’s gameplay is tantamount to adding unnecessary legal risk (Nintendo warning).
And pokemon has been developing for so many years, and its creatures type is extremely rich. Even if BOUNDLESS tries to replicate, it will only be a degraded version.

Lets not go there okay buddy, im sure the 3000+ hrs ive invested & 76 YouTube episodes ive made on this game say otherwise.
I think you might maybe should pump your breaks homie.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

• yeah change that comment up bro

Good Job :wink:

So what would be your idea of bringing a form of pvp to boundless? I cant wait to hear it. :relieved:

No! Any! PVP!

3 Likes

I don’t like trading card games, but I do like playing Pokemon. I know this doesn’t make sense lol. I like the pet/training aspect of it. I also like getting pets in OSRS.

1 Like

If this were true, We can say the same for Boundless as a whole.
It Replicated Minecrafts Gameplay, a game that was much richer in its provided content then Boundless was at the time when Wonderstruck began development on Boundless & is there for always & only going to be a degraded version of Minecraft.

Im struggling to find the logic in your argument.

1 Like

Says the guy that said that not to long ago as he entered the conversation.
:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t want to argue about the origin of gameplay.
Do you know that there is InfiniMiner before Minecraft?
Voxel and place block is the basic gameplay of Boundless.
But Pokemon’s gameplay and Boundless content doesn’t intersect.
If try to replicate(Nintendo warning), there is no doubt that can only become a degraded version.
You’re so much like Pokemon gameplay, why not directly to playing Pokemon?

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

i disagree with everything u said, but ur right with the water… for now.

WoW has this.

I think pvp wouldn’t be fun at all in the traditional way. They need to add new weapons and other features first. The Pokemon battle thing though, idk man. World of Warcraft has it, and it’s the most boring thing.

Knowing just some of what they would need to implement with the current netcode architecture… I’d rather they put the effort somewhere else.

Love PVP. It reflects the best in online competition and I like to compete

But don’t expects Devs to ever comment on this. It’s typical of game developers to be vague and hedge. It’s never in their interest to say with certainty if they are against the development of something. They have nothing to gain by doing so.

1 Like