Spinoff discussion: what's your opinions on PVP in Boundless?

I’ll leave this here… for you guys to think on.

Should answer a lot of questions about PvP.

PVP in arena is the only mode I would play.

Imo the gameplay is too basic for other options.

2 Likes

That all goes around the point I made & didn’t take anything away from my previous statement concerning this. However its okay if you feel that way.

Your really fixed on the pokemon thing aren’t you :blush:

We already went over this.

Pokémon isn’t the first or the last to have battling creatures.

I never said Minecraft needed to be the first, just like pokemon wasn’t the first of its kind. Contrary to what many may believe.
& non of that matters anyways because its all besides the point.
Which was ’ Implementing some form of creature fighting mechanic is not copying pokemon.
& I do play pokemon whenever I get a chance, I don’t need you to tell me when to play it, but thanks.
Also, luckily for you, its just a suggestion. :relieved:

There was pvp as a test in Early Access. People have posted videos of it a few times. I firmly think that PvP should be an opt-in thing, but I think I should definitely be implemented. It would add functionality to a lot of the massive empty builds out there. Converting them into battle arenas. Maybe a wager system too.

2 Likes

PvP world don’t make sense for the Boundless ethos but Pvp based out of a beacon is Exactly right for this game

Put an option in settings to prevent PvP all together and wham. Not only do we have pvp but we also have entertainers. Gladiators will immediately be a thing

3 Likes

I want full pvp raids, with bases that regen.

1 Like

I would totally sit in the stands to watch some Citizen Bloodsport

@OdinsRavens
That would require a complete overhaul of most of the base world generation systems.

2 Likes

Lmao :joy:
I just feel with the right implementation, it could be really fun.
The main thing for me isn’t so much PvP PvP, its more so finding something to do thats outside of the current gameplay mechanics, A creature fight & or battling card Type system would do just that. Add another realm of actual gameplay, giving us something new to do & A new reason to obtain specific things, in order to experience Something that isn’t.
Hunting / Mining / Running For miles / Building Or Working a Store/ Crafting. All the things we already do enough of, that seems to just keep getting more & more added with no end. Not actually opening any new avenues for new gameplay mechanics & experiences.
Games lose their player bases by stagnating.
They can add all the foods & Blocks & colors & Everything they want until there heads explode. But if they don’t give players something new to experience other then what is currently being offered, Player numbers will begin to drop until the point of no return.
Im just being realistic.

1 Like

Well, pet fighting would still be a form of pvp.
Even if they just gave us actual pets, like let us tame cuttle trunks & stuff they could help us fight other creatures until they die or something I don’t know lol. Not trying to pretend like I have all the answers or something.
Im just saying that something, anything outside of the current mechanics we have in game, to add an extra layer & give us something else that’s actually meaningful & fun to experience. Pvp doesn’t have to always mean One player character Fighting another.
It could just be a head to head competition at the least, of like a mini game of sorts even. As long as whatever it is adds a completely new element of gameplay, in my personal opinion. That’s what matters more then anything, even more then whether its a pvp based feature or not.
Its nice to see others that are interested in things outside of what we are currently able to do in boundless, respect. Even if it wasn’t fighting the pets against each other but just taming & raising them for personal protection, or just for collecting would be cool as long as its implemented in a way where it is full & meaningful, just like everything else is in boundless that we currently have, just something completely new, that provides a new experince.

2 Likes

I could go for a pvp planet. I don’t know that i would go there, but the option would be “different”

Nothing special about it, just a normal planet with pvp enabled. No extra drops, or XP or anything. Just to have that option to go “Hardcore” mode and build on that planet.

Edit: People that want pvp go there, people that don’t well… they dont. No one could complain about it, and it gives a playstyle option not currently available.

3 Likes

Nice Crete :smiley:

You disagree with " EVERYTHING " I said, but im “RIGHT” bout the water " FOR NOW " wtf? lmao seriously :rofl:

Y’know… i think it would sure bring bombs back into the meta in a big way… just a buncha ppl blowing each other up all over the place… I mean… why would you try to snipe with a slingbow when you can just Boom Boom BOOM!

True, True … lol

Someone mentioned a arena and I was thinking of something like that. I don’t know anything about Pokémon, Minecraft or other, but since before Romans there have been arenas where there were combats for entertainment, so I don’t see how it can be see as encroaching on another game.

I don’t like PVP. To me that is just a set up for jerks to be mean to those who want to play fair, not possible.
A arena, where there are rules, it could be set dates so players who wanted to watch could go and see the 'battles" that could be fun. Take deserted towns, circle them with walls and create mazes that they have to find their way through and fight each other to get to a prize. Everyone has to have the same weapons, same skills to make it fair.
Lower level planets, level 2 for new players who want to try it out and get their feet wet and then higher levels. The most challenging ones could be on planets that are higher level and would have the hoppers, cuttletrunks and other critters that could be make it interesting at times, LOL.

2 Likes

That’s pretty thought out :smirk:

Now, that would be some crazy ish :laughing:
I could see that getting really, really messy.
But fun!

Respect, I feel you.
Like maybe up in that netcode for example. :laughing:

To me there are all kinds of ways to make it a type of community event. Take a deserted city. Get players who like to build to come and wall it in, they get paid by coin or some items. Those who love to design can create designs of battlegrounds that could be voted on, the one who’s picked gets a prize of some type. New players could help with the renovations to get them feel part of the game and gain experience. They get some coin which helps them to earn coins to spend on needed supplies. Low priced food and drinks can be offered or even some free food and drinks could be donated by shops to advertise to help provided nourishment for the “workers” in the renovation groups.
This lets new players get to meet and learn more from experienced players, learn skills, gain experience and get ideas on what they want to do. Experienced players get to be teachers and put their knowledge to use to help new players, which helps all to become involved.
To me, a win-win situation. Just my two cents in this idea.

1 Like