Spitter Powered Glacier Farm - NEW Glacier Colour + Special Ice

I wanted to get this video made and out there as soon as possible (I think day 1 of Oortmas is fast enough) so people can not miss out. I’ve found a way to farm the ‘natural world colour’ of glacier on Tier 1 + 2 Planets (planets in which Glacier isn’t naturally found) infinitely AND easily.

This can be beneficial as the new Oortmas Oorty’s colour is determined by the colour of frozen block used, so this can potentially add another way to get a ‘possibly’ unique coloured Oorty :slight_smile: (And Decorative Ice @Trickky90 - you sell that stuff, right?)

Hope you enjoy :+1: :

EDIT: I can confirm that the ‘special ice’ is in fact what colour the block is beneath the ice wall. As you can see from the screenshots this wall was on Clay Soil on Arie (Strong Mustard) and the colour of the special ice is Stong Mustard :slight_smile:

That being said, my 2 tests have both been on soil. But I doubt its only determined on soil colour - if it is, lemme know

19 Likes

More automating stuff :joy:. Awesome job man!

4 Likes

I do, and this is awesome! Thanks for sharing :smiley:

3 Likes

Noooo shh don’t tell them bought the secret ice wall lol

2 Likes

If someone is looking for light lilac i got it from beckon… weirdly ice there is cool violet i think.

1 Like

Updated post with ‘special ice’ colour determination

@RedY3 Of course :wink: Thanks man!

@Trickyy90 No worries, your shop is cool… :smirk:

@BabyCookie Haha I was tempted to keep is shh and monopolise on it, but its Oortmas! :snowman_with_snow:

@Buugi Sweet, would be a good time to update the colour sheet (don’t know who has access to do that) during Oortmas for future event preparation :ok_hand:

3 Likes

This sheet put together by @Gorillastomp has all colours for all worlds permanent and exo regardless of whether they spawn naturally or not.

2 Likes

Oh wow that’s sick, some pretty decent colours there :ok_hand:

Yeah all the low level planets have some really nice vivid colours. Setting up a user friendly bright azure farm for people at home is on my list of 9000 things to do. I’ve spied several people outside my workshop window skidding across the lake solidifying and then bashing the surface, haha.

1 Like

Haha thats sick, I’ve never does a solidifying session but will hit up your place soon

Just do an hour or 2 of meteor hunting and you’ll get a few stacks of it, so much less of a chore than solidifying and breaking it!

1 Like

@Ovis I present to you this lol :sweat_smile:
Hunting on Lasaina and got this…same colour as the igneous rock

3 Likes

You jammy bug ger! Now that’s an expensive bit of ice! :ok_hand:

Now that is conclusive proof that it is indeed whatever colour block the ice wall spawns on, good job!

1 Like

This can possibly mean black ice since lasaina has black meta rock but good luck with getting that lol :joy:

I think black ice will be the most sort after ice because black anything is desired but also because black ice is also a real thing :joy:

Mhm but this does prove that it can spawn on other block types and get their colour and not just for soil and now i’m the proud owner of one of these extremely rare ice blocks lol

1 Like

Yeh definitely, the grind to get all the Oortys begins! (For people with a lot of spare time :joy: )

Congrats on the Dark Grey Ice tho, that’s a sweet colour!

Better off waiting for an exo lol :joy: But good luck to anyone willing to try :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Although sadly i won’t be using this piece to make the new Oorty Doll i’d only do it if i had two pieces lol. As of right now this is very valuable lol :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s actually a bug: the code ‘building’ the walls sets the blocktype/meta but doesnt clear the block-color, so if the wall ‘replaces’ an existing block, it takes on its colour.

2 Likes