SPONGE oh My

Love sponge, but noticed that unless you have full death penalty perks, your going to die more than it’s worth it to get it. Making it a very hard item to obtain. I noticed however, that this rare item, actually makes my plots lose prestige if I were to use it. Can sponge please be a material that increases prestige. I have so many idea’s for it, but it lowers prestige no matter what planet you use it on. I mined it, and used it on Berlyn.

I know using the same planets materials to build your home, sometimes makes your value lower, than if you used off world materials.

3 Likes

Personally I’d say ignore prestige and build how ever you want to. Prestige is not worth compromising on a build you love!

10 Likes

What does sponge look like? I don’t think I’ve seen anything with that name.

2 Likes

Zina take a load off sand and make a 3by 3 platform keep draining the middle until you hit ocean then you can walk out and in off air bubble :slight_smile:

like a sponge
some is used in cookviper chisel contest portal is on plaza

When I get back home on Monday I’ll have to check it out, just curious as I haven’t seen any in game and was wondering what it looked like

its the tremor in sanctum build :slight_smile: by @Andytheka

If you go to portal frame competition site you will find sponge bridge in plot 21.

I figured it out moebius. Still took a few deaths and what not. Actually figured out that while mining it, if you keep your head close enough to the block when it destroys that there is a brief moment of air, so I can mine most of a spawn and never retreat or run to my air pockets.
Also I load up on health drinks, I have a huge health bar so when it starts getting low I pop a drink, and keep going. Small supply of drinks kept me down without air for like 5 minutes plus. But I know have a underwater base.
still think they should be worth more. I use it none the less to spruce stuff up. Oh and why doesn’t sponge soften a landing like leaves?? Learned the hard way it doesn’t work.

just a 9by9on bottom and then dug out from under it give you good air suply theres always a way :slight_smile:

All natural blocks remove 1 from prestige. Basically anything that isn’t crafted

gleam is natural

1 Like

So? :thinking: I don’t read minds

Edit: ok, checked, flowers and gleam are only natural blocks that give prestige

That is a good point Spoygg. I’ve noticed that to.

We noticed this when we were in a race for capital of our planet. Prestige became a commodity at that time. This was done with test before the last update though. It could have changed a bit.
Thnx.

Does foliage give negative prestige then?

1 Like

When we tested it , it did.

Here’s the list for all blocks that give positive prestige, everything else gives negative 1 (it actually isn’t hardcoded 1, it affects ratios or whatnot and in that way it affects prestige)

I wish there was something we could do to natural blocks so they don’t give negative prestige, like fertilize, or prune, or till, or plant

3 Likes

Farming update might be after 1.0 on trello

I was thinking of something we could do with the blocks in a machine possibly, like refineing or compacting, or decorating, just using different names.
I need to figure out how to use trello