Standard in-game time

Pushing for this again.

Since we now got daily and weekly.

Daily should run out and end at midnight (24:00/00:00) in game time.

7 Likes

+1

I play in windowed mode for 2 reasons:

• Clock
  • Forums

Having a GMT-based clock on-screen would be great, and have me in full-screen mode more.

3 Likes

oops did not notice this pos (did not come up in similar posts)

I made a similar thread … i would love to see Oort Time + it would add imersion if say certain mobs were more agressive at certain times?

This in-game time would as people have said - help organize parties/meetings/ etc

1 Like

Maybe it would be possible to enter time, and it would be converted to show correctly in the recievers client?
Then everyone should see the time correctly in their own format, as long as the client is configured correctly.
In that case I guess you would need some specific syntax or similar so the time gets interpreted, or maybe a button for adding time into the chat.

Aren’t all planets in different times? As in, their day - night cycles are out of sync?

i am actually talking about an in-game game time… like Oort Mean Time - not RL time

or we could go the MMO route and have RL time set to server location time

Bumping…

1 Like

so as my alt said above Graham-B

o let’s say we call server time oort time meaning… like WoW and etc do server/local time (simply because the time in Boundless moves too fast for an official this is the time within the actual game

So lets say (US is 7 hours behind UK - which is where the servers are based - or they are EU) so lets say e.g its currently 1350 EST but Oort time (server) is 2050 etc…

And YES… we should have some kind of mechanism to check this in-game (i don’t think an actual digital clok of time on the Hud would work exactly (or it would be immersion breaking) due to the nature of the game itself… what about some kin dof time peice like a watch function… or a means to creat one… or maybe even… a Town Clock for cities and etc?

The oly thing is… something l;ike that would be extra code - so on the hud is easiest?

But yes… i am suprised this hasn’t been confirmed yet!

i also think planetary time could work… so lets say the devs set a specific time to a specific planet, but it moves in real time (the time, not the day/night cycle)

then for eg it could be 0800 on berlyn when its 1200 on Munteen - or basically make the planets the times of the servers they represent? (If therka is EU central it should be EU time on therka… if Veena is Aus it should be aus time there etc)

1 Like

I’m used to ingame time since I play Elite Dangerous. There is also a standard time which is GMT (not only because the developers are from UK ^^), so yes yes yes, give us a clock. It’s also great for announcing meetings ingame for people so that they can meet without calculating to much. … Only risk is that you come to work to early or to late in RL cuz you had forgotten that the clock ingame is not YOUR clock (don’t laugh, I had that once cuz of Elite. Had to find a good excuse quickly!! ^^)

4 Likes

Since @Heureka bumped it again, I’ll echo sentiments to use the already existing UTC which never almost never changes…

2 Likes

Bump…
Still confused…

2 Likes

well, we call it necro around here, not a bump :wink: :rofl:

1 Like

Ooh, we should make up our own timescales. Like, “hunt on Ceph in 20 hekroms!” A hekrom can be like our 24 seconds.

I am joking.

2 Likes

Anyone remember swatch time back in the 90’s? @Spoodle

It actually was a decent idea tbh

For those who missed it or weren’t born yet, in the 90s Swatch tried to make a new form of timekeeping where the day was divided into 1000 units. I think it was universal so people everywhere used the same time.

1 Like

Had this idea myself the other day. Super good idea. Would make life a whole lot easier hosting hunts etc.

3 Likes

See, get on it guys! Hekrom is the new unit of time.

1 Like

On a side note, I would like to know at what times world regeneration kicks in. Someone told me it’s 3x per day, every 8 hours. What are those times?

I can see the value in “Boundless time”, but if we had that, players would still be trying to convert it to their time irl.

ie…“hunt on Boori at 15:01 Btime”.
everyone: ok, what time is that in my area irl? Is it night? Is it during school?

We’d need another converter for it.

#MMOproblems :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

check these out:

1 Like

GMT/UTC is pretty solid

I live in gmt-6 I can subtract 6 pretty good
I have enough fingers and toes as long as we stay under 19:00

It would be useful if there were a command in game like ;time; that displayed your local time, UTC and local times for all four regions.

I propose we all start giving event times in GMT/UTC military(24h) time