Steam Summer Sale

I just tried it

I deleted the basic game and no it still won’t let me buy the deluxe editions.
I hate PSN so much who are they to tell me that a can or cannot buy a game.

Sorry for my outburst I just love this game. (dam you PS4)

Are you in Europe? From what Aenea said, it won’t work there. :frowning: Not sure about other regions, just that it worked for the US store.

Yer UK :sob::triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Never mine I’ll just have to boycott PSN and get myself a PC .

4 Likes

Good thing is, I believe that this game will run even on a potato PC. So it shouldn’t cost you a arm and leg like it would with such games as the Rage 2, Wolfenstein young blood, or others that my son buys.

Sheesh, what he paid for his computer !

1 Like

With all respect, no a potato wont run it. At least not in a playable state that you could call game :slight_smile:
Prolly all GFX on low, lowest chunk load etc, but then you might aswell not Play.

Pretty sure @AeneaGames calls her pc a potato and plays it on that. Tho I’m not sure how much of a potato it is

Ehh, I don’t actually, lol. You might be mistaken with @Nightstar he calls his machine a potato :slight_smile:

I have a new PC since a few weeks before that I was not able to play it on PC, well, I used an Nvidia Shield with Geforce Now (streaming) to play it but that’s not a pc and never called it a potato :slight_smile:
My previous desktop was an iMac from 2011, it would’ve been able to run the game if the GPU wouldn’t be busted, had to disable hardware acceleration otherwise it would crash every few minutes which made anything besides some browsing and email not really doable…

My new PC is 2.5 weeks old now, has the following specs:

• Ryzen 5 2600 3.9Ghz hexacore
  • 16GB DDR4 RAM
  • 500GB SSD
  • 1TB HDD
  • AMD RX580 8GB GPU
  • etc.

Don’t think anyone would call that a potato :wink:

Sure it’s not top of the line and can’t do recent games on Ultra settings in a 4k resolution but it can do Ultra in 1080p very nicely…

1 Like

You do realise you will have to start over again, right? Since you can’t move your characters from PS4 to PC, sadly…

What I know about computer would fill a matchbook (that aged me, lol). I figured a $500 or $600 computer would be able to handle the game. I guess not. I know his PS4 and XB whatever cost him close to that, not sure of the amount.

When I think PC, I think only the CPU, not the monitor, keyboard, speakers or mouse, just the brains of the computer. My monitor is a hand-me-down from my son, who bought a new one for close to $2k dollars, keyboard I did pay around $100 and mouse around $50 and speakers were also hand me downs from my son’s old system, but these can all be bought for much cheaper. His PC cost him $6k and I think that is way, way too much. Most I would ever pay would be $1500 and that would be pushing it.

My laptop is about 8 years old. Maybe older I’d actually have to look. But i can play boundless with everything at max. Tho recent games id probably only be able to get away with low to mid. My pc was top of the line when I got it. Sadly that only lasts a few years

1 Like

PS4 and Xbox 1 consoles are below $400 these days.

And besides a CPU you also need a decent videocard otherwise it might still not run well…

$1500 for a PC is kinda overkill for Boundless and I would not spend that on one right now, simply can’t afford that. My new PC was €800 and that was already more than I wanted to spend actually!

1 Like

I can confirm this game runs even on my old athlon PC using a gt 730. Which is unfortunately my only gaming PC atm lol…maybe one day…

Since I am a computer dummy, my son picked this out for me two years ago. Paid $1100 for it U.S.

iBUYPOWER - Desktop - Intel Core i5 - 16GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive

Model is BB706 SKU 4513603
Hard drive 1000 gigabyles
SATA
Processor brand Intel
Processor speed 3.5 gh
processor model Intel Core i5
RAM 16 GB
Wireless network wireless AC
Cache memory 6
media card reader No
Type of memory DDR4
system memory 2400 MH
Graphic Processing NVIDIA
Graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950
video memory 2000 MH
Hard Drive RPM 7200

Good, great, okay, I don’t know; and I would bet according to him a potato now, but it does good for me.

2 Likes

Ih that’s great tho ddr4 ram is the cats pajamas for ram.

And I completely forgot about my Frankensteined PC I used for 2 weeks a little while ago! Indeed that was a potato, everything on low settings even with Boundless. Tried to forget about it it seems :joy:

3 Likes

Just for this game I can agree. When I bought mine, son was trying to convince me to play a lot of other games, ones that would need this “advanced” level later on. the ones that I have played it on have been ARK and 7 days to die, Subnautica and a few others, but I’m just not into gaming like he is.

But, he is disabled and gaming has become his life, that is about all he can do now. Was in college to be a doctor but Wal-mart gave him the wrong meds, neurological damage and their response was sorry ■■■■ happens, and that was it. No lawyer would touch it, said Wal-mart is too powerful to take on.

hahaha u made my day with those names :smiley:

1 Like