Steggs' Boundless Adventures!

Ah thanks AnnieGYG :smiley: Yeah Danā€™s been super helpful with that kinda thing, I had to tweet him to find out where Copper wasā€¦ :joy: Iā€™m a fan of the smart stacks now I know how they work! I can definitely see how it could be frustrating if youā€™ve got a huge stack of different things though!

1 Like

@Miige Yeah Iā€™ve been playing around with that a bit in my spare time, didnā€™t realise they were vertical too, so I built a super high structure and came back to see half of it was gone! At least Iā€™m getting to learn though thanks to you guys! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Donā€™t let him get too helpful though, itā€™s a shame you lost the recording of the original part 5 and it was obvious youā€™d had a look or been told about spark and the power core as for the first little bit you lost the ā€œinnocenceā€ and genuine surprise factor which brings a lot of character to your videos.

Iā€™m torn between pouring out everything Iā€™ve learned in the past week to you wanting to help, but I think too much help will definitely take away some of the charm of what makes these videos so great to watch, laugh along with and really relate to. Itā€™s so itā€™s great to actually see a ā€œreal personā€ playing and enjoying their highs and lows.

The grappling hook stuff was great by the way, Iā€™ve not taken mine out for a proper spin yet, I didnā€™t think it was up to much but Iā€™ve just seen from you what Iā€™m supposed to do I think XD

1 Like

Yeah Iā€™ve done it before where I hit ā€œStop recordingā€ and it comes up with ā€œRecording startedā€, my heart sinks every time :frowning: Iā€™m really glad youā€™re enjoying the series, Iā€™m always a little anxious going into a new community, especially with videos, but the response has been awesome :smiley:

Ah I think Iā€™ve seen an awesome way to use the grappling hook! I wonā€™t give it away yet, but the next episode Iā€™ll show it off (although, I saw one of my neighbours doing it, so itā€™s not my idea!)

3 Likes

Compact your coal for the furnace its gives you more cycles. Grab you a lot of peaty soil and compact it for your power core. Just an FYI.

1 Like

:open_mouth: didnā€™t even think about that! Awesome tip, thanks Dr8cK0!

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to drop this one in because itā€™s non spoiler but Iā€™ve read about on here, and employ the method myself to just use stone tools as they are super easy to make, so I carry 30 stone hammers about with me for everyday use, then carry 1 copper one and 1 silver one which I ONLY carry only on mining expeditions just in case I see anything nice.

The durability hit to the tools on death can really hurt a newer player if they make a habit of carrying round higher level tools everywhere. Youā€™re starting to see how much copper/silver/gold you need for other crafting.

1 Like

The greatest grappling hook technique youā€™ve ever seen in this episode! (Note - we should all know my inability to do great things).

Weā€™re working on a Refiner and a Power Core, so next time we can start looking at getting some spark :smiley:

PS AnnieGYG, thatā€™s a good tip there, I like using my iron one though, itā€™s so much faster! :frowning:

6 Likes

At 12:33 on episode 5, there was an ancient component in that cave. You will need your iron hammer to get it! Itā€™s a difficult part to find, and you need two for your power core :wink:

Edit: I got excited and posted this before I even finished the videoā€¦ derp!

1 Like

Haha! Yeah they seem really rare, gotta keep an eye for them - not sure what else I need them for, but I feel theyā€™re gunna come in handy later down the line :slight_smile:

1 Like

ROFL, ā€œThatā€™s Indiana Jones stuff right there!ā€ epic stuff, I really have to try it.

2 Likes

I was so close to putting the music in, but apparently thereā€™s a thing called copyright :frowning: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I thought you could use less than a certain amount of time for music/clips, like 10 seconds worth without breaking copyright? Itā€™s not something I know a lot about but I know someone did a top ten something or other and joked at the start weā€™d get 10 second clips of the things so he didnā€™t break copyright.

1 Like

Oooh Iā€™ll have to look into that!

1 Like

Learning the Power Core!

After this episode Iā€™m starting to question my IQā€¦ I had it right the first time, and didnā€™t realise!

7 Likes

Lol! Once again, Havok to the rescuuuueeeee!!!

2 Likes

Every time Iā€™m stuck and have a look, itā€™s always you!! :joy:

2 Likes

Aww, you brought out my motherly instincts in this one, I wanted to give you a hug.

If it makes you feel better the only way I found out how power cores worked was that my game crashed as I was experimenting throwing ALL the things into it, focusing on refined metals thinking the power core was the next up-grade in the crafting chain and it would do something like laser zap them, (and like you I was crafting random stuff to ā€œpower it upā€).

I went to bed when it crashed and I was ā€œluckyā€ it was compact coal Iā€™d left in there so I woke up to 5000 spark.

The downside was the power core had then eaten my entire supply of coal so I never had any fuel for the next few days to cook food/smelt ores lol (since I wait to bulk process coal as itā€™s much cheaper on the resources).

1 Like

Very fun. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:joy: I was so confused!

Oh wow you got super lucky with that one! Wellā€¦ apart form losing all your coal to it, but at least you got a load of spark! :smiley:

2 Likes