Still No Steam Support, Copied from steam!

If you think this is an example of toxic behaviour you clearly haven’t seen many forums of games in different genres.

4 Likes

Because conversations are fluid and people get off topic. That doesn’t make anything here toxic. People here are friends and like to have fun discussions. We were on topic plenty, with many people expressing their opinion on the topic. The general consensus was most people don’t agree with using the steam discussion boards. It Got off topic for a bit. And now are back on topic.

Since when is going off topic in an open discussion considered toxic behavior? And another good point is, how off topic did we actually get? There was a PC vs Console talk. But is that off topic for this? because, as I said, one of the big reasons I’m against using steam discussions is that PS4 players can’t access it easily.

Example. Someone creates a cool build or is looking for a new spot to be filled in a mall and posts it on steam. Now all the PS4 players miss out on that post and therefore miss out on seeing that cool new build or getting that good spot in a mall. To circumvent this the original poster would either need to

1. cross post onto the forums which takes extra time and just splits the discussion between 2 platforms which can get confusing
    Or
  2. just post it only on the forums where the PS4 players can read and participate in the posts as well.

I think with such a tiny community as it is, splitting the discussions is going to only make the situation worse.

Going off topic doesn’t make this a toxic community, especially since the “off topic” conversation was about PC vs Console which is in some ways still related to the original post.

1 Like

Personally I’d rather see the subreddit used more than the steam discussion boards. But that’s just me. It allows PS4 players easier access to that platform as well and I use reddit a lot so it would be nice to see boundless stuff filling my reddit feed. I just think the steam boards are ugly in their current state

2 Likes

I’ve been giggling to myself ever since I read this post. You can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make them drink. The steam discussion community is mainly made up of horses who either don’t know what water is or refuse to drink anything but their exact version of ambrosia. There is a reason most steam players avoid it.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why you have to invent these kinds of things, simply because you don’t like the Steam forums. Steam forums are used a lot, except for this game.

Of all the games I regularly play, this game is the one with the fewest discussions and interactions. Even a game like TemTem in EA recently has more than twice as many Boundless discussions, and will also be a cross-platform game.

Another curious fact is NMS, which is a game that they have set as an example here in this forum as a role model and is also a cross platform game.

Boundless: +2.200 discussion threads
NMS: +110.000 discussion threads

@MrCoezzy at no time has said that we have to leave this forum to go to Steam, but has given us his personal opinion that using the Steam forum more would be good for the game because it would give a different image on Steam than it has on today. I agree with him on this point;and I agree with those who think that NMS can be a good example to follow for Boundless.

1 Like

That’s almost the exact same threads per person for boundless compared to NMS actually.

NMS on steam has about 12000 peak users compared to boundless’ 250 peak users. So that’s 50x.

2261 threads * 50 = 113050
NMS has 114065. Pretty close. It’s actually amazing that it’s that close!

Keep in mind boundless has been out half as long. So really, boundless has twice as many posts per user per year compared to NMS!

Still, it’s a good point. Could someone make a bot that posts a thread on steam with a link to each thread on here? Or would that get banned immediately. We could try manually adding a few thousand threads. I’m with @anon427297. If that’s what it takes, let’s do it!

I’m happy to help, but I only have like 50 hours played on PC. Obviously it’d have more impact if people with lots of hours and posts do it.

3 Likes

@anon427297
I truly Appreciate what you have said, I honestly want to help this game and the way you have said it and shown the relevant information was perfect.

I do not ask for those players to leave the forums only to help increase the activity on the steam side of things as this will hopefully increase player population.

I see @DKPuncherello and thank you for that as well.
I wish a lot more people were as understanding as you guys are.

Thank you!
I hope we can positively affect this game and all come together to help grow the community further.

1 Like

I do not know if the chicken or the egg came before, the truth. I just wanted to express my rejection of the statement: “… most steam players avoid it”. I think that is false. What’s more, one of the most recurring criticisms I have heard from the Epic Store is precisely that they do not have community forums or reviews. :man_shrugging:

Well, that with all the threads of the OP. They are criticizing him and calling him toxic or hater. If we remove all your threads from Steam, I wonder what that stocking would look like. xD

1 Like

Most probably very little interaction will be shown. However I really hope we can change this around. The game deserves a good player base, I just hope everyone will jump in to help.

On Steam, at least, according to statistics, this year’s peak of players in recent months is higher than last year’s in the same months of the year. Although it is not a high number, that is positive. We just need to push communication further, we have a very regular user base and we are growing slowly but sure.

Example: Peak players:
May 2018: 122
May 2019: 209
May 2020: 241

1 Like

That is at least good.

Well they can go ahead and delete my posts as they have just done now on steam. I honestly don’t care about that as I truly want to help the community. I see it as them cleaning their hands, but I hope the person that deleted my thread on steam, can see I’m trying to help!
Screenshot_18

1 Like

I think the may numbers are high due to the Gleambow event, so I doubt that is a long-term increase. Probably just existing players playing more. The peak in June has not passed 200 Steam player so far.

1 Like

Well, lets try and gain new players then by showing a growing steam forum. Its worth a try!

3 Likes

There you are right.

In my opinion, this Gleambow event has been the best of all. The best we have had in a long time!

I just think in the long run, it is nice to have the events, but the game has to attract new players and not just give existing players something to do every once in a while. Actually it needs to keep existing players engaged also so that the planets do not seem so empty when a new players starts.

We shall see what happens over the next 6 months. Hopefully rentals will be out, which might solve some of the issues players have with other players builds and maybe more fundamental changes to core mechanics. I know several players that are waiting for rentals to come back to the game. And hopefully rentals will create a more interesting universe.

2 Likes

For one I am excited about rentals as well.

I hope your ventures on steam are successful.

1 Like

Why don’t you join us?

Nah, I’m good.

3 Likes