Still No Steam Support, Copied from steam!

Agreed, people often do seem to go to Reddit when looking for info on a game (I often do myself)… I’ve been not doing as much there lately but trying if nothing else to get the update/testing threads linked over there so any stopping by who are interested in the game can see what is new.

1 Like

This whole thing could just be a totally off topic debate.

But the figure that is of most relevance is the YoY %. Biggest growing market, cheaper initial entry point for new users, most user friendly, better ease of entry. Console>PC from both a user stand point and potential market for a new game. :blush:

Year on year growth for BL figures are not gonna be good @illuminawtyness lol

I think we could start using steam forums too. But it’s crossplay.

1 Like

This I think is important and bears repeating too, why I often encourage joining in Twitter for Boundless… seen this firsthand, repeatedly. I tweet stuff from a lot of games, usually just screenshots, and lost count of the times someone bought a game because of it. I do think Twitter is far better than FB for this type of thing these days… I don’t get much interest from game stuff on FB, I’ve tried some. But Twitter is better for recruiting than any of the forums, at least from what I’ve seen.

2 Likes

I still say we start the paka project and steal people from NMS

1 Like

Already managed to grab some for sure, hehe! :grin: THAT is the group we need to be hitting, more convinced of that than ever. So much overlap in our bases, as far as I’ve seen in what we like and all - NMS just happened to get all the exposure, for example I was a big follower of it from the beginning but only learned about Boundless when I saw it in the PSN store. Funny thing is though, I’ve now seen it go both ways - Boundless followers on Twitter picking up NMS! :joy:

3 Likes

We seriously need to start a boundless community on NMS so bad

1 Like

How would we get them though - voice chat on NMS? Is there text chat?

1 Like

If we got a good community - planet, civilization - going, we put shots of it on the NMS Reddit. That is where the bulk of the NMS action is. That is why I made that crack about building a big Sean Murray pixel art for the contest - that is exactly the sort of thing the Reddit NMS base eats up. Edit: On Twitter too of course, in hopes it would get a lot of shares, get seen by those there I haven’t managed to get Boundless stuff into the feeds of. :wink:

Edit, again: Really, there is a lot to be learned from studying the course of NMS. Particularly in how fans who love a game can seize control of the tone of a community and turn things around for it. Obviously not to take away from all HG’s work and improvements, but I think a key thing with NMS was how those of us who loved it stuck it out, outlasted the haters, attracted others in I feel by being such a fun community, one that people wanted to be a part of. People want to join in with fun folks, playing a game with a good community (even if not IN the game itself, just socializing online) that they come to love can make people overlook a lot on the technical side they might not be crazy about, is my feeling.

Since console has several units to divide up that market (PS4, Xbox, Switch, etc) and each one has its own Developer kit, and programming issues/perks i would say you would need to further split the console market for your “potential market for a new game” aspect. as the game does need to have coding changes to work on each separate console as well as optimizations for each based on hardware specs etc. so PC is the best for potential market for new games if you are smaller indy type and dont have the resources to split among several versions of your product.

But that being said, Console has sort of always been the royalty of gaming, lowest entry fee for players and most accessible gaming on average, plus the ability to couch game where you normally relax anyway instead of the normal at a desk variation for PC’s. this is one reason why Sony can be as picky as it is for a market, they have a larger chunk of the pie than any other console and enjoy more brand loyalty than any other gaming machine.

Mobile gaming is sort of the wild west of gaming atm, and that market needs some serious time/investment to become stable.

4 Likes

Well, my next contest is vehicles and transportation, maybe we’ll get some NMS stuff

Let’s try to get people to make some NMS pixelart for this one!

1 Like

I have never check the steam reviews (probably because I am on ps4 but that doesn’t matter) but I do heavily research the game until I decide I like it, I did that with boundless and I am still playing.

So Volkswagen is better than Ferrari? Cause they sell more…

Right.

2 Likes

Volkswagen definitely is the bigger user base.

1 Like

What i meant by that is that its stupid to compare moneywise.

1 Like

Yeah, a chart with numbers of people would be good I agree.

The spending on phone games is huge I bet due to gatcha mechanics

If you’d like to get technical, VW make Bugatti and Lamborghinis… soooo. :sweat_smile::man_shrugging:t3:

But going back to the original question you asked, I gave you the evidence that Console>Pc. My original statement was console is the master race of gaming. Which is true.

Your feedback is well intention-ed but PC gamers know there is a stark divide in preference and that console users have a tendency to be salty in light of “PCMR”.

PCMR was created as a platform for folks who were over the console race to brag about the graphical superiority of their gaming rigs.

For the term master race to be used in a different context to highlight console is actually a salty thing to say and begs for an argument.

I’d like to get back on topic personally, so I’ll add this. No Man’s Sky had nothing but negative press for its first year on steam. The developers fixed the issue first, then the consumer mindset followed.

1 Like

Honestly I’m surprised there are still bad steam reviews coming in. They’ve fixed the most glaring stuff since adding reclaims.

4 Likes

There is a segment of this forum that can not handle the slightest criticism of the game or the developers. I do not believe they would fare well on the Steam Forum.

But your point is well received.

3 Likes