Storage needs an upgrade.. its about time

I find the sheer amount of items and blocks players keep these days, especially since Exo planets is not complimented by these 4 slot storage blocks/shelves.
The new trend is to use shop stands to hold large amounts of a single item, but I am pretty tired of looking at rooms filled with 100s of shop stand storages. Some of which have outrageous prices set so you can view the item held inside on top.
My suggestion is to make some new types of storage, like a chest or a vault. Something that could take up a 1x2 high space, but hold as much as a shop stand. Something that could take metal to make. Preferably you could put differant items inside, but if it works better to still limit it to one type per storage, put some way of viewing what is inside. Like a viewing window on a vault or the item hovering above a chest.

Just a suggestion I have been longing for. Looking forward to everyone’s input.

19 Likes

I think some metal chests would be great that uses the base metals of each type with glue or a bonding agent.

Also would look great in my ship build.

2 Likes

People use stands because the storage blocks eat up the mesh limit.
I agree with you though a vault would be marvelous maybe with a 90k slot limit?

2 Likes

Storage definitely needs looked at.

More variation in type, and with larger capacities.

The amount of items now compared to when they were first introduced, I imagine is many times!

I would also like to see assignable storage slots, so a particular item can only be stored in a slot:

4 Likes

Yes! I hate organizing my stuff. If I could set it up once and then just spam shift click all of my stuff into storage without thinking it would make the whole process so much better.

1 Like

Having interlocking chests that would auto sort based on set contents for a certain area would be amazing.

1 Like

I was hoping for some sorta dimension storage ( like sanctum that never fades ) with that portal skill.

Would it be possible to simply increase the stack size from 100 to 900 making a smart stack 8100?

2 Likes

For sure bigger storage ranging from Wood chest with minimal storage to exotic materials with gigantous storage capacity.
And on top, interplanetary chests/interdimensional so i could put stuff from my alcyon base into the chest and take it out in my besevrona chest!

Yes please!

4 Likes

I… I’m ashamed to admit I never even thought about using shop stands for storage… I’m way too square for this game! Excuse me while I make a floor out of shop stands… XD

2 Likes

So an enderchest from Minecraft? I’d be happy with expensive backpacks that store 9 or 16 stacks. They could lose durability when items are taken out so you don’t have permanent additional inventory slots. Would make transporting items for use or sale much easier.

1 Like

Yes but i tried to not use MC Terms as there might be People…who never played MC!:disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Whats MC…lol actually i played it two times i think.

1 Like

Glad you got the info now though :grin:. Shop stands aren’t the prettiest, but they save a bunch of space if you have lots of one item type.

MC is why there is a Boundless, and countless other blocky games. The game definitely needs a cloud vault rather than the endless storage shelves that most worlds are composed of, that way you wouldn’t lose all your stuff if your beacon expires.

they have spoke on sanctum storage may not be option because sanctum in not part of the live world. larger stacks or larger storage blocks would be good

True

Sanctum exists on the pc and not on the servers so it is subject to being manipulated. That was the concern. It is why we have the ability to modify sanctum because it exists separately for each individual player.

Voxels were around long before Minecraft. Using voxels is about the only thing the two games have in common. It’s like saying Tetris is why there’s a Supermario and countless other sprite-based games.

3 Likes

Oh, I see, I guess the voxel craze was not inspired by Minecraft. I guess Minecraft and Boundless are not alike at all. For some reason I thought you could mine, gather, build blocky buildings, craft stuff, and survive by fighting off enemies in both these games, I guess I was mistaken.

2 Likes

Sanctum may be local, but there would be nothing exceptionally difficult about linking a cloud storage to a vault in the sanctum or the live world. The cloud storage would be composed of 100’s or maybe 1000’s if the game ever gets a decent player base, of very small database files.