Strictest formulation of the creative-portal problem

Takes up space in portal hubs though which takes that space from someone in survival

1 Like

Very true. I think it’s better than the self-serve option of letting creative worlds take portal tokens from survival. In this version you have to build a survival portal or get ur friend to give u a spot.

At first I was on team one free portal. But why should creative players get to have a free portal to their base at a hub when other people don’t get the same treatment even if they live on a different planet? There’s already a mechanism for connecting one planet to another and that’s portals with oort.

2 Likes

Agreed. I don’t think oort should be accessible via creative, personally. And disable meteors on creative worlds. If people want to maintain a connection to a survival world or wherever, make them do it the old-fashioned way. If they don’t and they just wanna hang out casually in their creative world and chill, that’s cool too.

And yes, @Alwin, I know this is not true creative. But it is true equality :laughing:

1 Like

I agree requirement 4) “Cheap Connection” is not something explicitly mentioned by James and the only thing that 4) ties to in my partial solution is the “landing pad” idea.

@Clexarews
I’ll admit my solution is also not True Creative :stuck_out_tongue: as mentioned in my post. And I’ll also admit the features 1-4 are not what I personally want (I’m staying on public worlds) but what I interpreted James wanted.

I think meteors on creative is fine, you already can’t bring inventory back with you. Chance for ppl to practice with max gear I guess? Donno why they would bother, but why disable them

so they can’t grab forged OP bows and turn off dmg and fly from region to region farming oort at lightspeed.

In the solution I proposed it doesnt matter if people on creative worlds get infinite Oort since they can’t bring it with them to survival and only survival-side portals can open/fuel creative-survival connections.

2 Likes

While rereading James’ post he doesn’t actually mention anything like True Creative.

I bolded the bit above that I’m about to reference. I think the easiest limit is to not even start that “if” hypothetical at all. Simply don’t allow free portals and nearly every problem is solved in my mind. That solution allows for all three of his first points to be possible. And again, if people REALLY just want to build in creative they don’t need portals. If they want to open portals they can do so with Oort from survival worlds. If they run out, they can warp to the nearest survival world and go about getting some :man_shrugging:

Yeah I mean this is pretty much what I’m saying. If you can only fuel it on the survival side it’s the same thing. And then I guess meteors don’t have to be disabled in the name of fairness.

2 Likes

If people want to fly around hunting oort that they could just spawn into their inventory I say let them

1 Like

There aren’t suppose to be any drops on Creative worlds. Has anyone completed a meteor or found a dormant one? Where there any drops?

I forgot to try out meteors…I wasn’t expecting to see them there lol.

You can give yourself infinite oort/shards without doing anything on Creative.

1 Like

Because in my solution, they can’t just spawn it into their inventory.

Great point. I didn’t both signing up for one b/c I have no interest in them unless this problem isn’t fixed and I can use one as a personal hub to go where I want for free.

Well yeah if I can have a free infinihub on creative I’m DEFINITELY getting one
Pretty sure it ain’t happening that way tho

I did complete a meteor and find no drops.

They’re also fun to chase when you’re flying.

3 Likes

I can see the Boundless mini-games version of quidditch now :smile:

2 Likes

I was originally on team free portal. But now I think i agree that it should cost oort to open the portal if you want it connected to survival. And if you don’t want people in survival to visit your creative and don’t wanna get oort for it, then just be able to warp there using warp conduits or sanctum. Allows creative to connect to survival (If they choose to hunt for some oort (I understand this might have the downside of forcing you to play survival even if you don’t want to)) and it doesn’t disrupt the oort or portal market in survival.

3 Likes

I’ve been convinced that the “landing pad” should probably cost 1 shard/hr to be fair to survival players who have to pay 1 shard/hr for their portals in portal hubs. Keep in mind that it’s still 1-way survival-to-creative and cannot be an exit point for a creative-based portal network.

1 Like

I was gonna make a gif of that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes