Stuck on slope chiseled block and instant death

So as the title implies someone got stuck on a sloped block I made for an ingame shape library and couldn’t get unstuck.
When I broke the block to free them they died instantly.
Video is attached and will have video from the other perspective to post as well.
A log was submitted a few mins ago from them.

1 Like

haha that was brilliant

5 Likes

Time to set these up all around my house.

4 Likes

Working as intended! PIT TRAP!

4 Likes

that made my day :joy:

1 Like

I feel your pain. Happened to me once a long time ago. Sadly it wasn’t one I placed. It was a natural slopped rock.

3 Likes

Lol. I love how he just flops over.:joy::joy:

3 Likes

I had this happen to me before in one of my small builds, The chiseled blocks in the corner grabbed me like a magnet and made me take fall damage :fearful:

1 Like

If i remember correctly this used to be an issue… it was corrected as far as i can remember…

It still is apparently. Also one of the reasons I made this post as it just happened recently after the supposed fix

it’s probably similar to those sudden death or near death experiences (:wink:) during hunting

I got 5-8k damage a few times when hit by wildstock or affected by bomb knock back effect in a tight space; a small hole in the ground, on sloped blocks , somewhere between two tree trunks. Looks like a character can be stuck for a fraction of second and then released and get a lot of damage. Also once it looked like my character was quickly pinged between two blocks gaining speed and thus multiplied damage.

Depending on my char HP at time of such incident, I could survive sometime, but 3 such defeats happened to me in my last few hunting sessions.

1 Like

Oh, looks like you found another edge case.

From the camera viewpoint shown in the video, it’s easier to see what kind of shape was chiselled on the right of the player who was stuck, but I can’t make out the exact shape on the left of the player.

Would you be able to post a couple of screenshots showing that block from different angles if possible? Thanks.

1 Like

I will get some screenshots and post them when I get home from work.

1 Like

Here are a few different angles of the left hand shape

This has already been fixed locally (last week sometime) but wasnt considered important enough to put directly into the release already pending, so will be in the next proper release. @vdragon

Sweet look forward to it

My brain squished the thread title to say “chiseled death,” which will be the name of my new metal band.

2 Likes