Stupid filter

I cannot type Goo Kernel on a sign in my soon to be farm shop

1 Like

Have you tried to put it all in same
GooKernel?

That seems like a weird oversight. I bet itā€™s an innuendo censor, but now thereā€™s goo in the gameā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe try adding spaces to goo
G o o
Kernel

I can see the word out wants to censor, but seems odd to include that in the game when you canā€™t type or its name in the game!

Lol, none of that works!

Itā€™ll need to be a redesign from me, with a big sign saying kernels and little signs with the types.

Seems like something that could have come up on testing, ahem,ahem, Iā€™m looking at you PC people! :grin:

1 Like

Nope. derogative term being censored.

Also I mentioned this somewhere else before. But it didnā€™t get a response if it was going to be fixed. Tho I didnā€™t make a topic just for it. Soo thereā€™s that.

Unless thereā€™s new decor, we donā€™t usually mess with that on the test server lol

The filter is definitely extreme.

I posted about this the other day. Game item/asset names are even filtered out.
wut5

Maybe make a star wars themed farm, with yoda doing signage. ā€œKernel of Gooā€ sounds a bit like a horrible soup, but it should at least work :rofl:

6 Likes

WANTED
More people testing!
Apply within

:smiley:

4 Likes

If only we had testing on PS4.

4 Likes

Have to say tho, that if the devs add new items to the game that they should test it themselves against the filterā€¦

There are many irritating ones actually, Iā€™m Dutch, ā€˜hoorā€™ is a verb, comes from ā€˜horenā€™ (to hear) but I canā€™t type it, very annoying. And apparently Dutch people arenā€™t allowed to get cancer either since the Dutch word for it ā€˜kankerā€™ is not allowedā€¦

For such a small team, if they had to test every minute detail after every single change, it would add a considerable amount of time for each release, for which the forums would be in complete uproar with pitchforks aplenty.

Not being able to display a few words is a small issue in the grand scheme of things. The over zealous profanity filter does need a bit of tweaking though, I agree.

2 Likes

Due to multi language support I am assuming all the words that, for instance, appear in the knowdge tab is an easy to extract list which could be run through a script right before release to check against the filter codeā€¦

Should not take too much time if done right. Time for the team to hire someone who does those little things I supposeā€¦

i was surprised when i saw this problem in the filter. i havenā€™t even heard that slur used in years, so i really had to think about it. ive asked several friends and they didnt know, either. it probably doesnt need to be in the filter in the first place.

Wait, thatā€™s a wordā€¦? Huh, never heard that word before.

EDIT: Quick google explained it, and thatā€™s definitely surprising to my Danish earsā€¦

Iā€™d imagine they could stop the censor if itā€™s written ā€œgoo kernelā€, couldnā€™t they?

Thatā€™s their item name/label for that kernel in the database. Thatā€™s not a sign or anything I wrote.

ā€¦Huh. Thatā€™s definitely a quite strange ā€œOversightā€(?) in the filter. Donā€™t think itā€™d be hard to make it block just the intended word, but ignore it with the space left in for just this instance?

I know nothing about programming, but Iā€™d imagine that there was a way to add an exclusion.

This post here?

Edit: I donā€™t know why itā€™s being displayed as [wut5], but clicking on the link displays the same image anyway.