Suggestion: Auto-Walk, Auto-Swim

Hi all,

My hands are broken dead things now.
The sustained pressure from having to hold on to the Walk and Jump buttons for hours on ends has flared my already existing carpel tunnel symptoms.

Help us old broken people!
Give us an auto-walk, auto-swim button like so many other exploration games have… It will greatly allow us to relieve some of the pressure…

Feel free to add, support or criticize (constructively).

8 Likes

Especially swimming!! Having to press up on the analog and holding the X button gets super irritating after trying to cross larger bodies of water.
I don’t know if it was a glitch or just happenstance but on occasion something would get locked up and i could just freely move across the water like skimming insect. Just jumping would release me from it.
It hasn’t happened in a while and I have no clue how to recreate it. But yes, I agree with you, auto those things.

Maybe it could be added as epic skill sets?

2 Likes

Personally, i’d prefer that features that are targeted for ergonomics will not be tied to an in-game cost (skill point cost)

5 Likes

Just use a PC and bind an auto-run/swim… If you’re on P.S.4 sucks for you I guess? Always a rubber band.

True. I would too. That’s just my jaded side assuming that we would have to pay for a perk like this. :rofl:

You lazy people.

1 Like

Very helpful!

Just saying, but usability issues like this are a real trouble for those of us with physical pain or fatigue conditions.

This is my personal view, as well. Ergonomics should never be considered luxury, for anyone.

Still not sure why you people are asking for a feature, that any modern day keyboard already does?

Yep! This still works as of last night (before the patch),
All you gotta do is stay afloat for like over 5 or 10 seconds or something then you can let go of x or the swim button and you should stay afloat!
Not sure if the new swimming animations prevent that now though. Will have to test when i get back on.

1 Like

Windows sticky key feature, under mouse or accessibility I forget which, will hold the mouse button down for you.

People keep asking, because they don’t have the hardware you refer to.

Try and be constructive in your criticism.

3 Likes

Swimming across an ocean (ps4) i sometimes find myself holding X with my right hand and keeping the left stick forward with my chin to give my left thumb a break from all the running :joy:

4 Likes

Any P.C can download the software, and bind any keyboard to do this.

PS4 doesn’t come with windows installed

Thank you for your input.

Many people will prefer not to have to rely on third party software for usability features.
Also, leaving the entire PS4 community hanging is not a solution.

1 Like

I second this!!! Believe ive commented on other posts suggesting this exact thing before. I do alot of exploring and holding the shift button or double tapping w to be in sprint mode ive constantly got bruises on my fingers. Makes work oh so fun with the little screws etc i gotta pickup all day.

2 Likes

:+1: to this. I’ve got some RSI issues, and holding down keyboard/mouse all day can become extremely problematic.

I’ve paid my way out of that one with a steam controller, though (and my config that supports auto run, swim, swing)

1 Like

Yes please! An auto run would be nice but the one that really gets my wrists flared up is swimming across large bodies of water doing the claw grip for forward and swim keys. It doesn’t help that you’re slower in water which makes dumb brain press keys harder.

I wish there was a way to tell the game I want to swim on the surface.

1 Like

Yes i aim with my chin too while swimming :joy:

2 Likes