Suggestion: option to message plot owner

I saw in a plot abuse thread that someone being accused was totally open to fixing things if contacted.

I know I find it hard to contact people who don’t have mailboxes up.

I’ve long thought that there should be an option when inspecting a plot to “PM plot owner”. Maybe this would fix at least a few of these plot war issues. I know this overlaps with mailboxes but I think this would be a big QoL fix.

@james @lucadeltodecso

6 Likes

It’s easy to miss messages in this game as well. May need a chat overhaul at some point.

4 Likes

What do we do with all of our mailboxes though ?

My old suggestion was to make mailbox also a item you need for tutorial before plotting

2 Likes

This suggestion is useless before chat is fixed… its so buggy.

4 Likes

And even if they do they might not receive the msg or receive when they are unable to pay attention and then can’t find it next time they think of it (especially happens when doing something intensive, then taking a break by quitting the game and later coming back and, what was that person’s name again? arghhh!)

A “view all PMs” tab would be nice

Discord overlay would be amazing

1 Like

Yeah will work wonders on PS4! :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah the whole issue where the messages either never come or they take like days of days to get to you is definitely an issue I wish we could overcome! I’ve had many instances where someone is talking to me and I respond to them and they never respond back to me for what seems like 2 days I’m like huh?

1 Like

Last week (I think it was), we were chatting in the game at a shop, and then -to me- it looked like you were just awkwardly just standing there. I was thinking “weird…does he have lag…did he go afk…”. I had no idea you were talking to me, so I said “ttyl” and left. Then awhile after that I got all of your messages. I felt so bad, but I had no idea you had said anything. I guess you couldn’t see my messages either? #feelsbadman lol

2 Likes

Chat seems to disappear at times and i have to constantly hit the hotkey to open chat to see if there are any new messages.

2 Likes

Yeah the chat really needs an overhaul deeply. A more speedy PM system, or making PMs work through mailboxes only.

Kinda do wish it was a simple fix, but I highly doubt it would be.

Havok and I asked once to please have “Friends” and “Message” option on the Beacon before. I’ve seen it mentioned many times by others… it would be nice.

1 Like

Yeah if we could just use beacons to message from then mailbox be not much use. Many games have a /pm or /tell something like that to message other player directly. Not sure if boundless does.

Hmm sounds like the systems for the messaging system wasn’t working right. I know i chatted with you in game yesterday fine it seemed. Ps4 players might have hard time with convo with out a keyboard plugged in. More emote messaging!

For more robust chatting system in mmos, IRC protocol gives alot to channels and groups in our chating system. I guess if anything for revamp is have the current chat system for easy quick chat, and then a full screen ui for more mail look and feel. Then we have players sitting around just messaging in game.

The talk and shout function usually work fine. PMs & whispers seem to be the most iffy and problematic.

1 Like

Ah… well need to get that sort out then.

I’ve never encountered issues with whispers tho, PM’s on the other hand, yikes!

1 Like

krasniyOortian

2d

What do we do with all of our mailboxes though ?

When i 1st saw mailboxes introduced, i thought great! now i have a spot to check for new pm’s coming in. Of course it doesn’t work that way. However it could be used as a 2-way communication device.
it’s a great idea to be able to pm the plot owner through their beacon.

I guess eventually the mailbox will spawn a mob you have to battle in order to make him drop your PMs so you can read them?

2 Likes