Suggestions regarding the update

If the skill tree stays essentially the same, I will be creating alts. I think it will take to long to leveling past 50 to get another 100 skill points nd the cubit cost is the same for alts or a new skill tree.

1 Like

talk to dunedragon he levels up at extreme speeds

1 Like

you can use 100 skill points for each skill set, but every skill point earned can only be used for one skill set. . so if you are level 50 and have used the 100 skill points you earned so far on one skill set. .you will have to level another 50 times to get another 100 skill points for a second skill set.

1 Like

I still think it’s unfair that you cant just be a crafter with one skillset or character.

3 Likes

Ye my tactic for the new world is prolly miner/builder build and you just craft20pcs of craftingtables that you use to craft stone wich you get a ton while mining. Also if i can invest mass craft or use cleanse points for swapping masscraft and then back. When i have ■■■■ ton of rocks. Good exp. Yolo!

ah so level 51 so to speak gives you skillpoints
if so thats epic :smile:
its about time @Steggs101 @james we get a manual off sorts :smile:
the forum is i mixed mash off old and new info
i usually hit up question section in discord
but a pdf would be handy hehe
after the wipe and release works offcoarse

1 Like

And you cannot be a builder unless you want to buy everything which you cannot do because you have no way to earn coin unless you are a miner, crafter or a hunter.

2 Likes

whis is why the inventory carry liimit SHOULD be NERFED @Buugi LOLOLOL

Thats why im the man. Yolo?

2 Likes

can i have a explanation about nerf and nerfed i had allready two explantions for this but still clueless :smile:

or a least a new univers Official - this is how it actually works now :slight_smile:

nerf means to make something weaker for balacning situation Nerfed means this has already been done

But can also be seen as a bad thing… if it makes a situation worse (nerfing can break as much as balanace :wink:

ah so it can mean diferent things it depends on what side ya are off the nerf

2 Likes

You’re always going to have what you want to do with one skill set in one hand and in the other everything else you’re giving up while being it. It’s a trade off. That is fair.

You get basically 300 skill points across 3 skill on a single character and upwards to 10 characters which each both have 3 skill sets with 100 skill points each skill set. That’s a max of 30 skill sets.

This whole “I wanna do everything on 1 character” vs “I want to have alts if I want to” discussion has been done. What we’re getting is the middle ground between those two sides of it.

IMO I think there aren’t enough skills to pick from and very much would like have to have it tripled or quadrupled. I like having lots of meaningful choices in video games. /shrugs

sort of… a further example is… they nerf hunters because the mobs die to fast? everyone will say yes we have balaance in hunting now… its more tougher to do Where the hunters might say ** BLEARGH!!! now its worse darn it… im dying too much QQ** etc that’s the only better way i can put it :slight_smile:

that way works best for me
:smile:

1 Like

A middle ground would be where both options are possible, instead of either one. Currently, you could probably cover everything you might want to do across 10 alts with one skill-set each, but you definitely can’t with one character across 3 skill sets. That’s no middle ground.

Despite my obvious preference to be able to enjoy the whole game from the comfort of one character, I also wouldn’t be averse to it working this way. If there was a way to say ‘You, as a singular real life person, can have three skill specs, either on one character or spread across multiple characters’, and if you could actually enforce that, then It’d be great. You’d actually be making meaningful choices, finding play-styles that suited you and enjoying what you can, because you only get to have three.

But I don’t think that’s even possible. At the very least, there’s absolutely no way to prevent someone from just getting another account. And another etc etc. And as soon as they can do that, all their choices become meaningless, and all the choices of people who don’t have the money to do it become a tedious limitation that they can see other people circumventing by shoving money at it. It becomes almost a pay-to-advance, or a pay-to-enjoy-the-full-game gate.

It works in single-player games where there can be no interaction between one save slot and the next, but in a persistent online game it’s just not achievable, short of requiring some form of legal ID to even create an account. If they were to tie accounts to any physical property (like an IP or MAC address) you’re potentially screwing over families that want to play etc etc.

1 Like

They should just ditch alts, and have a name under each character that explains what most of their skill points went into, so if I meet someone I can see “Hunter” under their name and know most of their points went to “Hunting” stuff, or “Crafter” “Builder” “Miner”, etc.

Why even have alts at this point?

Just keep adding skills, Farming, Fishing, forestry, etc. Open it up, let us all master whatever we want. It’s not like this is a traditional MMO, why do we even need alts?

Because some people enjoy/prefer to compartmentalise their playtime using alts. That’s always seemed like a good enough reason to me.

2 Likes

Then why penalize people who want one character?

I’m all for class-based games, I like them, but this isn’t a traditional MMO, there’s no need for that.

Either they commit to making it so people have to specialize in one role, so you choose early on, “Do I want to be a miner, a farmer, a fisher, a builder, a crafter?” or you allow people to do whatever they want.

Given this is a sandbox/Minecraft type game, I just don’t get why single players are penalized at all in any way.

Getting 500 skill points in 1 character should take as much time as 500 skill points in multiple characters. There’s no benefit to alts in a game like this. If people want them, they can have them, but why penalize people who don’t want them?

For instance, let people have a Main Skill Tree, so I’m a “Crafter” with a sub-specialty in “Mining” or something? But a system like that in a game like this makes no sense. People don’t want to be forced into roles, right? I don’t want to give up my ability to craft stuff just so I can kill mobs.

All of this ALT stuff just makes no sense to me given the kind of game it is.

1 Like