Suppress Guild Buffs

I’m in a guild with only a few people, and factions don’t really make sense. Most of us are builders, but with any of my alts that do mining or exploring and may want to place warp conduits and since my guild uses the builder’s buff, I find that it’s essentially impossible to place just one block!

I don’t want to reduce my Dexterity because I need that action speed for mining and hunting.

This leaves me with what may be an unpopular idea: Let me turn off my guild buffs!

I don’t want to change primary guilds, because I want to contribute Endeavor. We don’t want a 1 person faction, because that’s just silly. Instead let me just turn off the buff for a second when I want to place a single block and turn it back on when I need to build a quick tower to get away from wildstock!

Heck, just let me place slower while crouched or something regardless of buffs.

That’s all!

4 Likes

I would like the ability to possibly disable a buff if it is not needed and maybe it can return something back to the guild. I tried to place one shelf placed 4 instead.I also would not like to have skill removal points that cost cubits to.

I think they said in another thread that they are looking into the single block placement controls so that having max stats and the buff doesn’t frustrate ppl. Hopefully that can address the root issue without complicating guilds further

4 Likes

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Game has had several times this double block placement issue and at some point it has been fixed.
Maybe placing speed could use some method that would require holding button 250ms-1000ms before placing speed would be taken account.
I don’t know is there immediate need of having instant max placing speed in some situations like building safe tower when hunting. So perhaps adding such option to able to set interval before block placing speed modifier would be taken account would be great.

1 Like

Yup

Or just shift clicking would introduce a delay?

Yeah we have a new block placement delay system coming in the next update, so you should see it on testing soooooonish
:see_no_evil:

7 Likes

Woooooot!

10 characters!

I would also say make the buffs cost a % gained off a certain amount of people. Say a guild only has 10 players. The buff could cost a minimum amount and after a certain # increase a % per 5 or 10 players. With options for the player to toggle out of buff benefeits.

Most guild members they don’t donate the coins for buffs.
Base on your idea, you are asking guild leader to kick out people don’t donate the coins to guild.
If they prefer to keep their guild members, then no guild buff activate.
Which is pointless idea.

More people in one guild don’t make you get the guild buff running easier than others.
After all, still only that 4-5 people in the guild management team will donate the coin to activate buffs.

Also how about a guild has a lot of new players members ?
New player’s members don’t have ability to pay for buffs.
Your idea is really punish guilds who help new players a lot lol

1 Like

Yeah, I can’t say that scaling cost based on number of members is something I’d want. Even though it would probably benefit my guild. It would just be so prohibitive for larger guilds, and thus would disincentivize larger groupings, which is the opposite of the goal.

not once did i say anything at all about kicking people out? again you take what people say and twist it to crazy mess. my idea would make it easier for small guilds to get buffs and even large ones if the players toggled off buffs. It would benefeit them all. What part of that in any way made you think the guild would have to kick members? all they had to do is toggle out of the buff.

And the top fee would be where it is now.so if they only had 10 members cut the cost say 50%. and example is the builders buff. not everyone wants that. so the ones that dont can toggle off before its actived. would save every guild a lil to a lot of coin in game. why charge 160k for a 900 member guild and a 10 player guild. Its off putting for smaller guilds

1 Like

I can kind of see what you’re saying. I don’t think I’m sold yet though.

Wouldn’t it just become a way for individuals to have their own custom set of buffs in their own private guilds?

at 50% they would still be paying 80k, would still be more beneficial to join a large group with more donors. Just a lil break. and you can technically have your own in guilds now since main faction buffs can be replaced but 1 for each other faction.

My main faction has grapple/lava/defeat buffs
the alt faction, of same guild has a builders buff it over rides 1 of the main ones. which we had it over ride lava.

My idea would not cost anyone any extra coin, just save some for the people that wont use it anyways

No shift clicking in PS4.

Yeah, that’s why I was imagining crouch adjusting your placement speed.

I’d be down, but we need crouch toggle.

you mean instead of having to hold it down? Yeah that’d be nice.

1 Like