Supreme Toast Guild Discussion

I’ve wrote some stuff up too :smiley:. I’ll be posting it when the time is right.

In the mean time I’ll keep on exploring around the US East servers during my breaks!

1 Like

I think the ideas here can be very diverse. I still hope we get limitations by ben ;D and that we can maybe add some.

Cool idea.

I’m going to lay out a public area grid (shared permissions) and leave gaps for you guys to place yours.

3 Likes

Consistent public walkways and express yourselves in plots :blush:

4 Likes

If that’s doable in 1.0, kovah project will practically build itself :slight_smile:

Sadly it looks like Kovah wont be around anymore when the game hits 1.0:

great! I imagined something like a walking grid. with places for each persons and public areas where serveral people could work on.

I by the way was wondering if there is a higher intention in this city then just playing with beacons. If you want to test serveral things later inside a village. I mean to test content coming in further updates, you should maybe keep some open space for it too. If we are already trying to create a spot with many players in one place, it is predastinated for testing of further update functions maybe (if you have something in mind what is just an idea yet).

Is it possible to implement a beacon inside a beacon? One beacon that protects people to kill the “grid” (in this case walkways) and inside beacons which allow people to build on certain places in it? I’m not very familar with the beacons. Didn’t test them yet…

I had meant beacons 1.0, but I think kovah will still exist. The city can be saved and moved to a new location, much like Dalaran.

@ben please tell me that this would be possible for 1,0.

Migrating builds is not something we have planned at the moment. It would be pretty non-trivial. We’ll try keep worlds alive as long as possible, but as soon as we add gen 2 worlds I really don’t think people will care about gen 1 anymore.

3 Likes

Quick question, will you remove infinite blocks once gen 2 worlds are out?

1 Like

That’s the plan.

3 Likes

3 Likes

oh but if we’re expressing ourselves in the plots things may get a little messy. Perhaps a light building code to keep things ship shape?

I love that you have a courage the cowardly dog gif. It fits perfectly.
Also @ben I think it would be really good if you could give very special people like @Nyuudles some kind of master builder privilege where they get infinite blocks. Nyuudles is more important as a builder and architect than an alpha tester anyways right?

I’m not that high on a pedestal ^^’. I’m perfectly fine with having inf blocks removed. Besides, I don’t think that gen 2 is coming anytime this year.

but wait! what about the nyuudles fan club?! What about your fans!? What will we do if you can’t build infinitely!?

Havok Inc. will have all varieties of all building materials and mining tools available in bulk, and will buy your overstocks at the best rates. Renowned builders supplied free of charge on sponsership.

We definitely don’t want Nyuudles to stop building :smile:

What we do want is for the community and other players on his homeworld to get involved in his projects and donate blocks to his builds. Those epic builds will turn into really exciting big team efforts :blush:

4 Likes

Basically, that’s the idea I am working towards