⏰ Surface Bumper - Instant Teleporting?!

we need a permisson to let rnd visitor brake exaktly on block :smiley:

1 Like

Ah I’m a dummy, didn’t consider that visitors can’t break the stone. Maybe if you can descend to the bottom slab quick enough it won’t zap your head?

its dmg over time so yes and the coil dont take so many wear from it

@Jeffrotheswell - that’s a great idea!

@scrufola - hahaha ballz :joy: Yup it’s not useful very often, but when it is… It’s really useful (the spark link one whilst mining for example). I also use it very often when I miss a grapple, falling off of DK Mall. Just dig a little hole in the ground and boom, I’m in someone’s shop :smile:

@Alucard2150 - I built one with a coil breaking the block (so people with only ‘use’ permissions can use it) but I ran into the problem of taking damage from the coil, as the coil dmg is done periodically so you could enter it a split second before the next tick of dmg and possibly die if you have low health.

The way to make it work would be to only repair the coil so it broke after break the block, meaning it would be broken when you enter the Surface Bumper, but then all it takes is for someone to come and repair it too much and the next person will take damage :confused: So I’m still working on that problem lol

@DutchOfSorissi Thank you Dutch! Yeh I can see that working out really well :smile: I don’t know the technical reasoning to why you get bumped to the highest possible point, thats one for the devs. But I’m guessing it’s some sort of failsafe? I just work with what I’m given :joy:

The trouble with having a coil break it, is that the coil will always be damaging an area in which your body needs to be, as the block needs to be created ‘inside’ your collision box. But I’m sure there is a way to make this usable without build permissions, just gotta find it :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

nice job. Imma use won in my underwa— Never mind!

1 Like

fixt it :laughing:
you only need to bevelchissel the block for it no dmg anymore

1 Like

What’s going on there? Not sure what you beveled, and how you’re standing there in front of the lava. Can a visitor do whatever you did?

1 Like

yes you can try it iam @ alutech
but look here

edit: 15 ports with 1 adv coil

Does it still bump you up and 100% not push you out?

yes it works but only with the bevel chisel
squard bumps you in the font like fully flat chiselt

Sorry I’m very tired :joy: I’m struggling to understand from that image how you dont take damage from entering the space in which the block appears?

your already to deep to get dmg when you move the bevel down

dmg woud work from the gleam end

2 Likes

Oh I see so you walk into it slowly? As if you ran into it you’d get hit by the beam?

1 Like

yes because you start to swim than

1 Like

Ah nice, thats a cool work around! :+1:

1 Like

Ohh I see, the first pic was hard to see what part was beveled. I’m not home rn or I’d visit. I love how you locked in on the concept then immediately moved to making it look cool- my kind of builder :wink:

3 Likes

that gets part of my skyscraper projekt so nice

Thanks for the nice idea Ovis

yes

1 Like

I’ve completely rebuilt it. It’s narrower now.
Most of it can be hidden in the floor (must be 2 thick) and behind a wall (4 thick or 3 with placing the lava after all is completet and sealed)

only important thing is the cannal for lava(through the sand here) or the machine will be destroyed

1 Like

Absolutely genius. Will 100% use this in some of my builds

2 Likes

This could be used for a skyscraper as an elevator!

3 Likes