Suspended public hunts

Two major public hunt organizers have announced that they are suspending hunts until the gleambow event is over.

I’ve only played for couple of weeks and public hunts have been a big part of my enjoyment and they also helped me getting to know the community. Of course I was a bit hyped about the upcoming event that would focus on hunts. In worst case scenario I would just skip the event content. But I and many others just can’t skip it. These suspension announcements show how bad and detrimental the gleambow event has been for hunting.

The good thing was those day 1 changes for the meteors. Easing on timer and allowing solo meteors have drawn more people to meteor hunting. The key here is that people like the rewards so much that they are willing to try something new. Solo players or small groups get to see the full rewards and almost none of the other factors.

The bad is something you can manage, but are forced to do so. Inventory space gets filled up really quickly even if you are solo hunting gleambows only. Inventory full of 2-5 piece stacks of different colour gleam/rock/sand/gravel/leaves/trunks/mud/ash/sponge/tangle/thorns/mould/growth is just a mess.

The ugly. To me hunting was always a group effort. Everybody helping each other and focusing on the same task and getting the same rewards. With Gleambows the people who get to the meteors first can reap all the loot. And because of the inventory spam, and hectic nature of hunts, people dumb their unwanted loot on other people like it was normal.

Normally big groups spawn a single meteor every 5 to 10 mins. Now addition to that also 1-2 gleambows spawn. Even if the group is specifically not hunting them people tend to go after those. This scatters people all over the place and makes the main group smaller. It all culminates to this why there are now less public hunts than before.

Here are my suggestions for improving this event.

• Make the loot equal to everybody.
  • Only spawn single block type per planet with only 9/18 colour variations (= 1-2 smart stacks). Types/variations could change every day.
5 Likes

This. Very much this. Those of us unable to keep up with the skilled/geared end-game players just don’t reap any of the rewards.

Unfortunately since it is “Gleambow RACING” I doubt they’ll make any changes…

3 Likes

You can also race the gleambow itself, that’s racing too :wink: I thought the race agains the timer was more prominent than the pvp aspect, especially since now they spawn for solo players too.

This event is really hurting my oortstone income. 45 as supposed to 200 in the same time. Have not seen a decent group since the second day of the event. Personally i can make it to the gleambow meteorites now but, its so useless.

It would have beeb nice if a couple of planets spawned only regular meteors.

4 Likes

Try and gleambow hunt on higher tier planets, especially the unpopular ones. Fewer players to compete with. And fewer completed gleambow means longer timers.

I already posted my reaction to the Gleambow Race in the original thread, but just wanted to post to support this post. The great thing about this game for me has always been its cooperative nature. I know there is a segment of the population that has been clamoring for pvp or some other competitive element since forever, but for me this event really goes against what I like about Boundless.

I am a little afraid that the temporary worlds will also end up being essentially ‘races,’ taking the game in a direction that I goes against Boundless’s strengths.

I reached a gleambow within 20secs of it landing, and a player was already running away, having completed it.

How is this possible?
Totems are unforgeable right?

Duskmoor community ran 2 event hunts over the weekend lead by DSK Colind.

We had full groups both nights with new & experienced hunters we went to Merika & Boori & Merika & Biitula & had no problem doing the hunts.

We had players join us along the way. We worked together shared loot & did both gleambow & reg meteors.

I personally walked away with almost 400 oort first night & almost 300 oort the second as an added reward.
We had a lotta fun & made a lotta new friends & enjoyed the event.

I also did a tier 6 PURE hunt over weekend lead by PURE/DSK Saalt.
And imo was no way deterred by the gleambow event & no one in the hunt stated that the event took away from this PURE hunt.

I humbly disagree with the event being in the way of regular hunts. It’s up to each community to participate & run hunts. Pure & Duskmoor ran hunts during this event & everyone walked away after having had fun.

Good travels & hunting to all🤗

5 Likes

As soon as the event is over Iconic will be back to hunting full force. With a few more hunt lead prospects training aswell. We will try to add some extra hunts to catch back up on time lost.

Until then enjoy the gleambows and GL on that rare gleam.

www.iconicguild.com

You can forge the totems to 3x3

1 Like

I am enjoying the event since the changes. And I enjoyed the dsk hunt last night was a lot of fun.

1 Like

The ppl throwing their backpack trash during group hunts is a common occurrence. Fist users kick up blocks during the fight and random ppl pick them up, then drop them when they catch a breather usually around the meteor when it’s done. Totems become useless after you rez someone. After two hours of hunting it’s time to shed those two fossils you randomly got to make room for 900 more meat.

I also saw someone during a gleambow attempt to fill my bag with trash so all the blocks I break will go to him. I haven’t done a group gleambow meteor since. Solo only unless I trust you. Little things like this divide the community.

I wish there was a way to simply not pick up items dropped by other players unless I explicitly click it. If I want something from them I’ll hand trade. Alternatively, maybe if we had a trash slot in our backpack similar to Terraria and Starbound that would solve it. Until then the ground is the communal trash slot so why am I picking up other ppl’s trash?

4 Likes

Lets address a few things here.

1. The only hunting guild that matters, P.U.R.E has still been running consistant hunts. A few people breaking off now and again to chase gleambow meteors is not a big deal, people are free to do what they like.

2. This is an event, so it is meant to stir up the community from just weathering the same old grind. Its only two weeks, you either enjoy the content or continue what you like.

3. Gleambow totems can be forged like wayferer totems; aoe, damage, loot magnet, light… whatever you like.

4. The whole point of this competition is to introduce new colored blocks into the community without flooding it, just like any other events with heart shaped rocks or spooky seeds. If you don’t want the blocks, don’t go after the meteors. If your inventory is full, port home for free and return back to continue…

6 Likes

Yeah, they are, but also I now am able to arrive at every gb with at least a minute to spare, on some planets I’ve seen as much as 3 minutes.

Try going to higher level, less populated planets, the timer should be greater and less chance of someone beating to to it.

Also tailoring your citizen helps a lot, there’s a thread about it:

Edit: Also, you don’t need to go maxing out these as well. I specced out a lvl 24 alt for this, and it does the job no problem.

1 Like
2 Likes

My feelings exactly with most of the hunts!

I’d also like to see mechanics to help alleviate this issue. Gleambows just makes this behaviour exponentially more common.

The thing is that I’ve only played since free weekend. To feel two weeks bummed out about an activity that I’ve liked is making me doubt about this game. I’m trying to put into words why this is happening and what perhaps could be done about it.

I’m glad that people are enjoying the event. But I’m not the only one feeling that this is someways less than before. Saying that you don’t think there is nothing wrong is a valid statement, but it doesn’t really add to this conversation.

To me it would be more constructive to either help the community find solutions or perhaps let us know, if the suggested solutions could be better, so that they don’t take away from your enjoyment.

I think that this is the real issue here. You still have things you need to do in game to feel like you’re advancing, so an event like this is making you feel like your potential progress is being put on hold. I get it. But then there’s the people who have been doing the regular hunts and grind for a long time now and this little 2 week event is a break from the monotony. It is also giving us a taste of what could be coming down the road (more colors) for those of us who are starting to get a little bored.

To be honest, I was kind of slipping from the game a bit. I don’t have any builds going on and nothing to really be trying to accomplish right now. This event made me realize a couple things (ie: need new base with MEGA storage) and got me back in the mood to play again.

Yesterday I started planning my new base and I feel excited again, all because of this event.

6 Likes

I hated this event at first but after trying again this weekend that changed a lot. Seeing some of the colors i got and what my guildies got rejuvenated me as well. We plan to trade what we have at the end to hopefully get more of the colors we all want. Dont want to plan too far ahead because i’m not sure how many i’ll end up with, but definitely looking forward to future colors :drooling_face:

As far as regular hunts go maybe the devs can spawn a new emerald planet that wont have gleambows at all for those people that just want regular meteors only. Did i mention it should be an emerald planet? :laughing:

1 Like

this happened to me too. People drop their ■■■■ to take my gleam. i had a bunch of bones and they took my gleam. ■■■■ people

Sorry dude, but if it isn’t in your inventory they it’s not your gleam!

I feel your frustration though, I’ll direction to a post made earlier in this thread:

Read the post I linked on that reply, with a bit of patience and set up it does become easier.