Take my money Wonderstruck!

Like blinvir mentioned, they already have it like this. That’s one of the things that was part of the problem…if no inventory crosses over, there’s no way to take a portal token to survival to open a portal and there’s no way to take a hub portal token from survival to creative to set up a portal. The other problem is the cost & who fuels what. And people are concerned that some might create oort-free hubs on creative planets to bypass the current hubs in survival.

It sounds like they’ve got it 99% figured out and completed though. (with possible changes later on)

3 Likes

I’ve never been on a group hunt before because the schedules don’t match with my playtime. I tried hunting alone but it was not easy. I spent a few hours with good weapon to gather enough rough for a stack of shard. I must’ve done it wrong

Edit
I do mining instead to get coins to buy oort shards. It is easier and less stressful (I died often enough on hunts. When I died, I lost the meteor)

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why boundless shouldn’t be the free PSN game of the month (Fall Guys game discussion)

3 Likes

Creative worlds have always been discussed in terms of being detached from the public universe. Obviously lots of people would prefer that they weren’t.

The devs have attached them to the public universe. They’re allowing us to take our characters back and forth. They’ve done a bunch of work to make it happen. And they’re working on a system to allow further interlinking without breaking the balance of their actual game for creative users’ convenience.

Players that are only playing survival have no need for creative worlds or creative portals. Done properly this is a zero sum situation for them and it’s a non sequitur.

2 Likes

Are there players who are against creative?

1 Like

I was :wave: but it seems like they’ll be really well integrated into the survival universe now and I’m looking forward to them.

2 Likes

Absolutely and I even have pms from a few of those players. They seem to feel creative diminishes the experience for the survival players.

I haven’t been playing much lately, thanks to this post I decided to go hunt today. Grabbed my hunter avatar, and headed to gyosha with an unforged titanium slingbow.

I’m not very good at the combat, it takes me a few minutes sometimes to clear a level 1, but I’m built for it and also understand how to keep the meteors spawning. I use revive brews in case of death, which almost never happens to this guy on low level meteors.

Wit that said it took me almost exactly 50 minutes to gather 76 rough oort (enough to make 1000 shards). Roughly 8 of those came from dormants I found along the way.

As far as “doing it wrong” I’m not sure about your fighting skills but learning about regions and spawning meteors will help you to trim a lot of time off of this.

2 Likes

Wow, forced? Really? Is it not a choice one would make?

You can choose to have others visit your creative world easier with a portal, with the added convenience of not having to travel via sanctum when moving between game modes. You can still participate in the MMO without portals to major hubs, I don’t understand that point.

2 Likes

Aha! Thank you (both). I did think it’d be covered already. I’ll stop being impatient and wait for the release thread now.

2 Likes

Sorry, I think this is my problem. I don’t have a hunter full spec on my avatar. I spent most of my skill points on crafting and gathering.

Perhaps you could share some tips on this? I have zero knowledge how to trigger a meteor. I just use an empty altas as a ref to see which regions I’ve visited

The first time a person enters a zone center, it registers how many people are near. The more that are close, the bigger meteor spawns.

Then it’s like an hour or 2 till that zone resets and will trigger meteors again

So for platform hunts as example, the half people spawn to in right outside the zone center.
So when people walk thru the door it triggers the new zone and registers all players close to increase meteor size

Well in all my avatars/skill pages, I really only have a couple of skill pages with any impact and/or impulse armor. Other items like damage epic are on almost all of my characters, but only the hunter has a ton of HP since they’re generally a drawback to a non-combat character.

It’s not important on T3, for the most part. You put 6 points into armors and use a shielding loaf, you’re nearly immortal. Any gem slingbow (unforged are very cheap) is more power than you need, titanium is fine if you have some points in it.

Taking the atlas is a good idea, otherwise you just have to stay on point and make sure you’re not milling around in a circle or anything. Pick a direction and try to stay on it, following the prompts in the HUD to make sure you hit center of each region you pass.

As jaidic says, each time a person enters the center of a region there’s a check for cooldown, and if it’s ready a meteor will spawn. If you’re soloing you might not want to be too near large groups or busy builds until you can handle a larger meteor. If you hit a few regions and nothing spawns after you spend a minute in each region’s center, it’s been hunted recently and you might want to change direction.

Overall it’s pretty simple you just have to get used to it. If you want to go on a quiet hunt drop me a PM. I’m not much of a hunt leader but I’ve taken quite a few players on their first/early hunts it’s fun.

2 Likes

I see both sides but the topic in discussion is connecting to survival worlds. If you want to be a part of the survival worlds, it’s fair to expect you to hunt once a month for 45 minutes. It’s easy enough to just tag along on a hunt and do nothing but loot. I do it all the time!

I still think there should be a list of all creative worlds, and maybe a few selected locations on each one. That way there’d be a list of “attractions” and also people could access creative worlds owned by people who don’t want to run a portal. They can just put up a sign “come visit __ on planet __”!

Also, you should get free warps within one blinksec to go to any nearby survival world. Maybe all 1 blinksec warps should be free to be fair.

1 Like

There’s still an issue with lack of discoverability for rental worlds. Both creative and sovereign, due to the visibility limit on planets in the sky. I think it would be great for the sanctum warp blocks to offer a list of “Reachable Worlds” which would be all valid, permissioned rental worlds within 1 blinksec of the current sanctum planet.

Anyways the point being that when I read this comment I got a new idea:

Wouldn’t it be great if the owner of a planet could designate a spot for people randomly warping onto the planet? A default landing spot?

This way you could have “blind warps” - it’s something that would help along several ideas/systems mentioned in the last few weeks, and also very cool if you could set it as an override for warp augments as well. I’m sure people could come of with tons of fun uses for it.

Also, maybe, some death traps :rofl: But hey it’s private property enter at your own risk :smiling_imp:

6 Likes

Fair definitely seems to be a subjective term then.

Player who plays survival: Buys the game once, is never obliged to pay anything more and has all their builds be part of the main universe and community.

Player who plays creative: Buys the game once AND has to pay an as yet unknown monthly fee for the privilege of playing to their preferences, and given the suggestion must also visit survival worlds and have and maintain enough skill, equipment and knowledge to efficiently hunt (all of which they may not have or ever need otherwise), despite it potentially not being their preferred play style at all.

Yes. That sounds fair.

Yeah, that would be really cool. It’d definitely help the creatives among us show people an ‘intended’ experience, being able to dictate where they arrive on the planet.

7 Likes

James did say they don’t have the perfect solution but that they could iterate once creatives are in the wild. I think the devs are aware of these concerns and looking to address them.

3 Likes

They don’t HAVE to have a portal to their world, the same as other people don’t HAVE to have a personal portal. They can warp to survival for free. Your hypothetical player in survival doesn’t have a portal either.

I don’t see why it seems fair to you to give a free portal to people who pay money. I strongly oppose any p2w scenarios beyond what we already have in terms of p2w

I’m aware a creative player might be even less inclined to hunt than a survival player. Hunting sucks for everybody btw.

I’m all for giving everyone a free portal. But everyone should get it. No p2w please.

I also have no objection to public creative worlds.

1 Like

I think you and I are just never going to agree then. I feel it’s entirely fair the people are able to pay for pre-defined services that people who don’t pay for don’t get.

Otherwise, I should be demanding the benefits of Gleam club without paying for it.

2 Likes